Valued Contributor

Lynn, I think we've all seen  prayers answered, sometimes they are small things and sometimes very big things without prayer, I do not believe I would be here. Statistics say I should have been gone almost four years ago! 

I have some very happy family news, my only nephew and his wife had their first baby today . He's a beautiful chubby baby. He weighed almost 91/2 pounds! That a big baby. But he and mother are doing fine and I'm a Great Aunt, and very proud.

Hugs 

Goldie

Regular Contributor

Dear Goldie, You have given so much support and inspiration to the followers of this forum thread. You have taken your suffering, learned from it, and drawn upon the wisdom and goodness of your heart to help everyone here. You have used the four years of your struggle to educate and console fellow sufferers. I have followed the daily postings here for about a year and a half. I was diagnosed with bc four years ago and went through surgery, chemo and radiation without knowing that all of you special women were here, and could help me through. After I found this Haven, I drew upon its knowledge and warmth. At first, I was reluctant to post because I felt so afraid to discuss my personal illness in such a public setting. I sort of got over that and was ready to participate. But, right at that time, a fraudulent poster hijacked this board. I think she went by the name of Ruthie. When she was exposed, it shocked me. I wanted to participate, but I was fearful. So, I waited for the right time to do so. Your new struggle has made me feel that I want to be part of this special place. I want to help you through your new struggle because you deserve my help and prayers. I want and need the support of the extraordinary women here. My cancer struggle left me with collateral damage that is quite draining. I have carried these burdens alone. Now, I hope I can be a part of this special place and learn how to live again. Your honesty and wisdom have made me want to reach out. You are a unique and loving person. You have made the world a better place. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Hey girls!!!! Hello from lovely, warm AZ!!! Waiting to eat some homemade tamales and eggs then off to my bffs grandsons soccer game, a trip to the outlet malls and then off to the botanical gardens for a special glass exhibit after sundown.  Has been such a great trip. Went to a butterfly conservatory and learned about the little critters . Beautiful. Went into a huge room where hundreds of them were free flying.  Played putt putt golf last night and went yo dinner afterwards. Husbands have been busy on their own camping a short ways a way. We join them for dinner, campfire and the sunset. 

Temps have been in the low 70's. Nights still chilly. Have some great photos and will take more. 

Hoping everyone is doing ok. Goldie thinking about you all the time. 

Will check in later!!

PAM

Respected Contributor

Hey Pam, great to hear your in the warm sunny weather. Send some of that heat to NY. Have a wonderful time. 

Aviatrix. well, welcome back. Ruthie, the psycho from H##l. Well we got rid of her. Goldie, Lannie, myself, Pam and a few others. We don't take ****** over here. We've all been through too much. Don't play with cancer survivors. She's been gone for years now. So don't worry about it. 

Lynn, your friend can join the board. She doesn't have to be a QVC buyer. Radiation is a bit different for everyone. Some ladies have it tougher than others. They will give her cream to apply and she will be closely monitored. 

Valued Contributor

@JackieHN wrote:

Aviatrix. well, welcome back. Ruthie, the psycho from H##l. Well we got rid of her. Goldie, Lannie, myself, Pam and a few others. We don't take ****** over here. We've all been through too much. Don't play with cancer survivors. She's been gone for years now. So don't worry about 

Ditto ditto ditto. We've been through too much, to deal with lunatics

goldie

Respected Contributor

@JackieHN - Thanks, Jackie, for the information.  I'll tell my friend she can get on the QVC forum without buying anything.  Then it's up to her  She is pretty independent, but she does have good support from her family.

Honored Contributor

I go see the chemo Dr on friday for my first three month checkup since my last chemo.  I'll get a blood test.  Can't wait to see that the blood numbers are finally normal.  Well atleast I hope they are normal.  I have a bunch of questions for him.  I need to start making a list, so I don't forget any.  Top question is what's going on with the port.

I have a followup CAT scan on Feb 29, then see the Oncologist the first Weds in March. Should be getting a notice to schedule a mamogram in February.  Have a physical with the primary dr in mid-March, followed by a six month checkup with the Radiation Dr the first week in April.  It will feel like old times with all these appts.

Nothing new on Tuesday's snow storm.  Could be a little or alot.  The weather channel maps show alot, but their 5 day forecase shows a little.  I guess we'll know when it starts snowing.

Valued Contributor

Grace I'm sure you do have questions. I hope your labs are back to normal. Now about the port, I've had mine for 81/2 years, as long as it is flushed and maintained,it will be usable for a long time. In my case te dr knew I'd have a recurrence and need chemo again,so the decision was made to leave it in place. But your situations totally different from mine. Your dr will tell you what's best. 

Pam, sounds like you're having a great time with your BFF  would love t hear more about it, especially the butterfly garden. 

It seems like the board has been unusually quiet. Only two posts all weekend. And I think I know why. For some unknown reason, certain past posters attempt to disrupt the working of this board. If we all tense up, afraid www 3 is going to break out, then she has succeeded. She has severe mental problems and it's very very sick to mess with cancer survivors. As Jackie said, we've been  through too much to put up with this c@&p. So please everybody ignore the mentally disturbed curmudgeons and proceed as usual .  Smiley Happy 

Goldie

Respected Contributor

Grace always the tests. Your numbers are fine. Your feeling too good for them to be low. 

I'm not even worrying about that lunatic, Goldie. 

Valued Contributor

Congratulations Goldie on becoming a Great Aunt!! How wonderful!! I am a Great Aunt three times--to three delicious little girls thanks to our niece. Enjoy your blessing!!

I am having a painful procedure done on my left big toenail this afternoon-oh joy--something NOT to look forward to. I will be in a big bandage for about two weeks, but that toe will be horribly tender for a long long time (been through this before--it was NOT fun). I keep telling myself....all for the greater good!

Seeing my oncologist on Feb 22nd---will know then what she thinks should be done next, if anything. I also want to know who my new oncologist will be since my present one will be leaving in March to go to another practice. I'm not comfortable with the whole mess, but people do move on.

Hope everyone is doing well----when do your treatments start Goldie?

By the way, Gracie's laser treatments are going fine--she had her third one today and has one more to go--then we'll see. Her arthritic leg is much better--less stiff--so the laser is working! YAY!!