Valued Contributor

jan I'm glad you have found hope here, you'll find a lot of hope here, these ladies, are the most hopeful group of women on the planet! We have to be, right girls? Without hope, we have nothing. Never let anyone try to steal your hope. As long as we are alive there IS hope.  Everyone here has faced brutal disease and treatment, these women  are strong and more than willing to help others, keep their hope.

jan, the flu type feeling you felt yesterday was probably a side effect of your chemo. I remember feeling that way, and I think at times, I even ran a low grade temperature. Have you discussed your side effects with your dr? I hope you can have a discussion with your Dr about ip chemo, if that's what you want. But is he's discouraged it before, don't be surprised if he continues to do so, because normally ip chemo is given concurrently with your IV chemo.  I wish you good luck, and will continue to remember you in my prayers. 

And  girls, Pam, bow Lannie Grace  graciesmom,Jackie kindle, belle ALL of you are in my prayers, I know I didn't list every one by name, but you're in my prayers too. 

Goldie

Valued Contributor

Hello all! I know it's been awhile but I have been busy with working and daily radiation.  I had my port removed October 20  and it went smoothly.  

I was supposed to have 6-7 weeks of daily radiation but after my path report came back from surgery, the radiation oncologist decided I could get higher doses in only 19 treatments! I was psyched! 

I just had my tenth today, so I am halfway through. Next week, they are closed Thursday and Friday but will be open on Sunday so I'll have 4 treatments next week. The following week will be my final 5 treatments. I think the last 4 will be a "boost" to the tumor site. I will be done with treatment on December 4. 

I'm looking forward to life after treatment. I will finally have time for vacation. My hair is growing and I have my eyebrows and eyelashes back!

I have so much to be thankful for and you are one of those things for which I am grateful. Thank you all for your advice and support! 

Belle

Respected Contributor

Survived week 1 of going back to work! Had back to back parent//teacher conferences yesterday from8am-12:30 and 12:40-2:40, each 20 min. each.

Yep, that's right-10 minutes for lunch! I even had 1 chaotic parent trying to schedule a conference @ 3:30; I've had this sign up sheet for 1 month. Gee whiz!!!

Am starting to get tired and have 1st degree burns and some blistering in quadrant. Using Radiaplex as per MD.

Good news on chemo-don't ave to have it, except tamoxifen and that I could choose or not choose to have (I chose). Will begin tomorrow. I'm so tired I dont need Lunesta to sleep at night.

Constipation is a pain! Am dealing w/this this weekend.

Ladies and fellow warriors-you never cease to amaze me.

Respected Contributor

Also, I've 15 more tx's to go-so  not quite halfway there.

Honored Contributor

HI Belle---so happy to hear from you and that you are progressing in your treatments---yes it is good to be over and done with this whole thing and that your hair is growing back. Seemed like the minute I stopped the chemo, my hair sprouted quickly.

Been silent myself from these boards but read everyday and give my best to the new gals and every one else.

PAM

Honored Contributor

Mae--when you can, go to your grocery store and buy a box of a tea called Smooth Move. It's an herbal tea and cvost around $6 maybe. You drink it at night and by the next a.m. you will be less full of, well, you know. I had a few rounds of being constipated and tryed all the other OTC stuff that DID NOT WORK for a few days. Not good!!! This tea had overnight results. At least for me it worked very well. Try it!!!

Valued Contributor

good to hear from some of my " missing in action" girls. Always happy to hear how everyone's doing. Maestra, I'm glad you survived the week. Sounds like it was a tough one, but you are a strong girl, you'll be ok, just do the best you can. But most of all take care of yourself. 

Belle, don't be a stranger,

goldie 

Valued Contributor

Hello Ladies..

I haven't been posting much because I've been feeling so sick from the C.Difficile colitis I've had for FOUR weeks--what a nasty beast that bug is--I felt like I was dying. I am just today starting to feel like myself. Had been going to the bathroom 20+ times a day--just brutal--but today I have not gone once--YAY!! I hope I've turned the corner. Haven't been out of my house since Nov 1st--am still hesitant in case I need a bathroom--think I'll wait a few more days.

Had to cancel my oncologist appointment yesterday--rescheduled for Dec 29th. On Dec 28th I am to have the "deciding" PET scan---if my cancer has shrunk, I can stay on the hormone blocker--if it has not or has grown, then it's chemo time. Now I have five weeks to worry about that scan!!

I'm driving my husband nuts.

Am requesting everyone's prayers on Dec 28th--that the scan shows the cancer has shrunk--or even disappeared--that would be the BEST news I ever got in my life!! Being this is my third recurrence, I'm not used to good news and always expect the worst--and I'm usually right, unfortunately. And so I truly appreciate everyone's kind thoughts and prayers at the end of December--I NEED this scan to show the hormone blocker is working.

Hope everyone is having a pleasant week with ONLY GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!! God Bless!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Graciesmommy, of course, I'll remember you on Dec 28.

Honored Contributor

There must have been something in that transfusion on Thursday.  I've never felt like this after a transfusion.  I have so much energy and actually feel like leaving the house.  Yesterday I emptied the dish washer and put everything away in less than ten minutes.  The last three months it's taken me a half day to empty the dish washer.  I haven't run my own errands in three months either.  I am seriously considering a trip to CVS tomorrow.  I feel so free.  

No sign of eye lashes or eye brows growing, but the head is a little peach fuzzy.  Maybe I'll have some real hair by spring.