Trusted Contributor

Re: Can Anyone recommend High Quality Vitamins?

A blood test a few years ago showed that I was severly low in Vitamin D. I had a high dosage prescription for several weeks.

Once my vitamin D level returned to a satisfactory level, I maintain it now with Vitamin D3 5000 IU soft gels from Nature's Bounty. I buy them a Costco.

I take one every other day to maintain my proper level. I've been very happy with these and now my husband also takes them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

According to what I've read, 1,000 units isn't anywhere close to what they're recommending now.  In addition to whatever I get in my diet, I take an additional 2,000 units after breakfast and 2,000 after dinner.   We get ours from Vitacost, have it on autoship.  My recent bone density was fine, but I still wonder sometimes if I'm taking enough.  

Super Contributor

ANDREW LESSMAN

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

How can any consumer possibly tell if Andrew Less man's or any other brand of vitamin is high quality?  Because he says so?  I have no reason to take his word as he's just a TV salesman.  I would have asked the doctor what brand she recommends or discuss it with a pharmacist. 

@Kachina624 There are independent ratings of vitamins. Consumer Labs? I think. 

I don't think a lab hired by the drug companies would be a reliable source.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Ido not think, you have to buy expensive vitamins, in oder to get good ones.

I don't necessarily think so, either.

Respected Contributor

I recommend Andrew Lessmans, no tummy upset at allHe used to be on the Q but think he's at HSN now. I just order from his website. He usually has some goods dealing going on.

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much everyone much appreciated. I read every post and all of the recommendations are terrific!! Will be checking them out!!

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama

The only way to know if they work for you is to try them.  For those of us in Camp Lessman, they work for us.  If they didn't, we wouldn't keep going back to them.

For me, having bloodwork done annually and reviewing the results of my supplementation with Andrew Lessman products is the proof I need that they are high quality.

I also like that they are made in the USA and environmentally conscientious.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cuddlesmama wrote:

I had a bone density test dome and I have the start of osteopenia in my hip and my Dr. recommended Vitamin D 1,000 units daily. She said to get high quality vitamins. I have never taken any vitamins  or any medications in my life and I am 62. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

@cuddlesmama

Have you had your vitamin D checked?  If not, you should get it checked at the start of your dosing so that you can see if it's making a difference over time.

Otherwise, you won't really know if the brand and dosage you are taking is doing anything.  You may need more, you may need another brand.

You won't know that without a baseline blood test.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

It would be nice if there was a trusted place one could check on reviews.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.