Respected Contributor

Can Anyone recommend High Quality Vitamins?

I had a bone density test dome and I have the start of osteopenia in my hip and my Dr. recommended Vitamin D 1,000 units daily. She said to get high quality vitamins. I have never taken any vitamins  or any medications in my life and I am 62. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Can Anyone recommend High Quality Vitamins?

I usually buy my vitamins from The Vitamin Shoppe.  I trust them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Google Andrew Lessman.  I've been taking his vitamins for years especially his Vitamin D, Calcium Magnesium and Fish Oil.  I see the difference and it's reflected in my blood work as well.

Good Luck!!!

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

I had a bone density test dome and I have the start of osteopenia in my hip and my Dr. recommended Vitamin D 1,000 units daily. She said to get high quality vitamins. I have never taken any vitamins  or any medications in my life and I am 62. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Andrew Lessman.

Respected Contributor

Andrew Lessman. My sil is a nurse anesthetist at one of the best hospitals. She recommended them.

I take calcium citrate with D3 but also my doctor prescribed D for me. It's not D3.

He's and endocrinologist and is treating me of osteoporosis. The new theory is you really have to ingest foods that have calcium.

HE'S THE ONLY DOCTOR  WHO EVER RECOMMENDED ICE CREAM! SO I'VE CUT OUT SWEETS BUT DO EAT ICE CREAM.

Esteemed Contributor

TwinLabs brand is very, very good. I recommend the sit Vitacost dot com.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cuddlesmama Here's another vote for Andrew Lessman! You can get them at HSN or directly from his company, ProCaps Laboratories; think they are in Nevada.  Heart

Honored Contributor

"my Dr. recommended Vitamin D 1,000 units daily. She said to get high quality vitamins."

2 yrs ago after I had a blood test, my doctor put me on the above to take for 6 months.  I could not find 1000 units anything in the stores in my neck of the woods.

When I told my dr this, she wrote out a rx. 

So glad she did because the druggist told me over the counter 1000 units HQV is very expensive.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

You'd think your Dr would make the recommendation

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Puritans Pride, Vitacost or Swanson, but if you are very low on D, I can tell you that 1,000 IU daily will not be anywhere enough to raise it up. I take 3000 IU daily to maintain my level.  Upwards to 10,000 daily is safe.