Honored Contributor

Re: Bodyblade- This thing is FUN!

@Pook wrote:

I also made specific rountines using dance moves with both my body blade and the smaller cardio blades and get the best workout in half an hour using ankle weights.

@Pook

Be very careful using ankle weights. While they might add resistance for muscle toning and/or building, using them in a cardio fashion? I know many runners and hockey players that used them for their cardio workouts, and it did not turn out well for them.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@hckynut Is it more for the upper body toning?How often do you use yours?Do you find it strenuous and were the movements difficult to master?I am asking you this as you know a lot about fitness and I think you will have the best answers...thanks.

@dex

Yes, I found it's use better from the waist up. You can work your legs doing specific movements, but I can tell you, even being in real good cardio shape with strong legs, I could not do this movement very long.

Only the last movement I mentioned did I find "strenuous" for myself, and I was in very good shape when I did it. It only a short period of time to get used to using it. A couple of my friends tried it and it took them awhile to get on to it. The harder(faster/further flex) the more resistance is added.

Appreciate your kind comments. I try to simplify my replies as much as possible and sometimes I give more details than my original intent. Stick with it and I think you will be happy.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

I picked up the knock off Reactor at Walmart for $20.00 and it works really good.  I watch the Youtube videos. You can really feel it after your workouts.

Valued Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Quse

I have had mine for about 15 years, including in smaller individual pair. They are effective for their purpose/as challenging as you want to make them, and can be used even sitting down.

Looking for toning muscles/working the quads, or a very effective toning mechanism for the complete triceps muscle group? This is one good way to succeeding. Worth every penny to me.

hckynut(john)

Yes, triceps. That was the defining reason I got it. It's a little awkward for me to do the "behind the back" movement, but I'm getting better. I like the overhead triceps movements a little better right now

Valued Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@dex wrote:

@Quse I haven't purchased but I have thought about it a few times.I just wondered where I would store it and if I would use it often.You say it is fun so I find that gives me pause to think about it again....I hope you don't mind this question but would you consider yourself fit or beginning a fitness routine.

I would imagine you could store this just about anywhere you wish...it's something that can fit in the corner behind your door or in a closet, under any bed that has 2 inches of space. 

It takes up very little space really. You can store it in any corner, closet, etc if you want it out of the way. I leave mine out and just pick it up here and there.

Valued Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Pook wrote:

I also made specific rountines using dance moves with both my body blade and the smaller cardio blades and get the best workout in half an hour using ankle weights.

@Pook

Be very careful using ankle weights. While they might add resistance for muscle toning and/or building, using them in a cardio fashion? I know many runners and hockey players that used them for their cardio workouts, and it did not turn out well for them.

hckynut(john)

I was told long ago by my weight lifting instructor that using weights in cardio is just wearing out your joints. Weights are designed to weight lift, either lower weights, higher reps, or higher weights, shorter reps (each designed to meet specific goals) and lifting them properly is crucial. Anything else is just a future injury and wear and tear

Respected Contributor

I bought the knockoff from Walmart. I was using it in the kitchen when I heard a thud, and discovered that one of the weighted end pieces had flow off. That thing was like a hockey puck, and given how fast the blade was moving, it could have done some real damage. Fortunately nothing was broken, but if it had hit a window or TV screen, who knows? And obviously it could hurt an animal, child, or even an adult.

I was past the return period and the CPSC wanted a ton of documentation from me to report it as a safety concern, so I just put it aside and forgot about it. But be aware that those ends are just glued on, and if the glue isn't adequate or the blade or the slot in the end piece is irregular, like mine was, the same thing could happen to yours.

I've always meant to reglue it and also drill through the puck and blade and run a bolt with a locknut to secure it, but haven't gotten around to it.