Honored Contributor

Re: Blood pressure meds - what time do you take yours - morning or evening?

@SeaMaiden This would be a problem if , like me, you had to work 3 shifts - often 2 different shifts ion the same week.

Honored Contributor

I take three BP meds in the a.m. One of them (a beta blocker) I take twice a day, so that one at bedtime which does slow my heart rate (which for me is a good thing).

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husbands cardiologist told him to take his in the AM. Your blood pressure generally goes down while resting and sleeping naturally (may not necessarily be true is you are overweight or obese) so it seems intuitive you take it in the AM to help control it throughout the day when you may be under more stress. However he doesn't have HBp-it is preventative due to his heart attack last year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I resort to natural remedies as much as possible but there was nothing natural that would control my blood pressure until I discovered Carditone...if interested check out the reviews on Amazon...this product has saved my life.  No side effects...I take one in the am and pm...eventually hoping to release this remedy also.  I have tried all the other herbal formulas and every natural remedy I could discover over the years with no success....this has worked better than what the md had me taking (periodic visits to emergency the dry cough was so severe, a pharmacist broke the news to me  that it was a side effect of lisinopril after years of being sick with it)....I don't take any meds any more!  just sayin'....

Honored Contributor

I don't take them, but my husband does and I'm pretty sure he takes them right around 6:30 each evening.

Since I've never taken anything like that, I never knew that it was important to take it at the same time.  When he has gotten a bit frantic about it being later than that I always thought 'geez, it's no biggie'.  But he is pretty stract about taking them at the same time.

Right when I get the puppy's dinner at 6:30, he goes and gets his bp meds to take.

Respected Contributor

A few years ago, my doctor had me bring in every thing I took, whether or not it was a prescription.

She then went through it all and indicated what was AM and what was PM.  It was very helpful since certain things work better at night and some things should be taken separately.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

One at breakfast time and one at dinner time; combined blood pressure and beta blocker pill to help regulate heart rate as well as pressure.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I used to take mine in morning, but have started taking it at night because it calms my heart and I sleep better - is there a recommended time to take it?

I am no longer on the meds. My dosage was 12.5mg X 2. One in the morning 1 at night. Never had high BP, was only in meds after 2nd heart attack. Cardiologist wanted my BP as low as it could be without losing any normal functions.

Those numbers for me were 90/60, or a bit lower. It effected me getting up from sitting or lying down, when my Diastolic got below 55.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I take three, all at night before bed and my bp has been much better.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I used to take mine in morning, but have started taking it at night because it calms my heart and I sleep better - is there a recommended time to take it?

Have you asked your doctor what time would be best for you??

"Pure Michigan"