Respected Contributor

Besides yogurt ice cream, what other desserts ... ?

Any other healthy dessert ideas?

The great thing about yogurt ice cream is, it's wheat free and you can make it sugar-free. But I've grown tired of it. Anyone have any other healthy dessert ideas?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Frequent Contributor

Re: Besides yogurt ice cream, what other desserts ... ?

I enjoy easy home baked oatmeal banana bread/bars. Fast. Tasty. Nutritious. As breakfast or afternoon snack. Recipe: 2 cups oatmeal (not instant), 3 bananas, 1/3 cup applesauce (1 cup in those 6 pack applesauce containers--I try to use the no sugar added applesauce ), 1/4 cup almond milk, 1 Tsp vanilla, cinnamon to taste (I give a hearty shake and dump a fair amount in) and if you like--and I do--add raisins to taste (I dump in a large handful.) Bananas must be mashed up to mix well, or do what I do and throw all ingredients except oatmeal and raisins in the blender; blend smooth then stir into oatmeal raisins. Pour into pan or dish, bake 20 minutes at 350.
Super Contributor

Crispy merengue cookies with a bowl of berries. For some reason, the merengues seem luxe!

Respected Contributor

I have my yonanna at the ready. Just started a new year, new me. Ice cream is a weakness of mine.
Frequent Contributor

Baked apples or pears. Great with nuts, raisins, and cinnamon.