Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone been drinking beet juice?  I bought a few little bottles at the grocery a few weeks ago.  They tasted pretty good (not a beet fan) and I think I had more energy those days I drank it.  I've since been drinking it a few times a week. 

I hear on the radio about a dried beet product that you mix with water, Super Beets,anyone purchased that?  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I do drink beets in my morning smoothies. Beets are very good for your liver and my fam has sluggish livers that need the extra care. Makes the smoothies a nice color too. I don't taste them at.

Trusted Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Has anyone been drinking beet juice?  I bought a few little bottles at the grocery a few weeks ago.  They tasted pretty good (not a beet fan) and I think I had more energy those days I drank it.  I've since been drinking it a few times a week. 

I hear on the radio about a dried beet product that you mix with water, Super Beets,anyone purchased that?  

I would like to know also about Super Beets.   

skylark... what brand of beet juice did you buy?

Valued Contributor

I get the freeze dried powder form Eclectic Institute brand at the Vitamin Shoppe and put in a shaker bottle and mix with cranberry juice. I love red beets so the taste doens't bother me but it is very evident, even in the juice. It is about $13.99 a bottle and more economical than buying Beet Juice in a bottle.

Valued Contributor

I have heard about the benefits of beets.

When I go to Sweet Tomatoes, I always toss a few on my salad.

Unfortunately it tastes like dirt.   lol

I'm going to trying it as a juice instead.

Good suggestion.

Jean

Honored Contributor

I like beets and eat them in salads several times a week.  I buy already cooked, in airtight packs, ready to go.

Peeling and cookiing them is so time consuming and I always look like I've been in a knife fight afterwards.

Cat LOL

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I like beets and eat them in salads several times a week.  I buy already cooked, in airtight packs, ready to go.

Peeling and cookiing them is so time consuming and I always look like I've been in a knife fight afterwards.

I've tried the organic steamed beets that Costco, has I didn't care for them & ended up returning them. I usually oven roast them at 350 degrees for an hour, then I let them cool off, cut them up for salads.

Last night I made a salad using a large oven roasted beet, a Cara Cara orange, 1/4 cup of walnuts, quinoa, & Beekman 1802 blueberry thrill maple balsamic salad dressing on top of mixed greens. It was sooooo good.

Honored Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I've tried the organic steamed beets that Costco, has I didn't care for them & ended up returning them. I usually oven roast them at 350 degrees for an hour, then I let them cool off, cut them up for salads.

Last night I made a salad using a large oven roasted beet, a Cara Cara orange, 1/4 cup of walnuts, quinoa, & Beekman 1802 blueberry thrill maple balsamic salad dressing on top of mixed greens. It was sooooo good.

I've been O.K. with the ones I buy at Meijer, but I do think the ones you roast yourself are better!  I just find that the skins do not just "slip off" after roasting.  It's usually a battle.

Do you have a secret?

Youre recipe sounds fabu!!!

Honored Contributor

Beets are very good for keeping blood pressure under control.

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sgraham30 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I've been O.K. with the ones I buy at Meijer, but I do think the ones you roast yourself are better!  I just find that the skins do not just "slip off" after roasting.  It's usually a battle.

Do you have a secret?

Youre recipe sounds fabu!!!

No, the skins never slip off for me either like they're supposed to. I let them cool off enough to be able to handle them then I use a vegetable peeler to get the skin off. 

Last night's salad actually actually called for farro, not quinoa. I realized when I'd eaten half of the salad that I forgot the farro. I had quinoa left from my dinner the night before so I just threw it in the salad.