Honored Contributor

Are you keeping track of your steps per day?

I have a fitbit charge HR.  I have worked up to 15,000 steps per day on good days....I average 10,000 a day plus on most days.  I am sure many people do many more steps than that.  Care to share?

Valued Contributor

Re: Are you keeping track of your steps per day?

Yep, love my FitBit and keeping track of steps---certainly motivates me to keep moving.  Last week I averaged 15342 a day and on one crazy day I topped 20000.  That was an UNUSUALLY good week.  I like to get at least 12000-13000 a day.  I have been wearing it for exactly a year.  Mine is a Charge, not the HR model, but I am really happy to have it.

Sounds like you are doing great OP---congrats!

KK

Esteemed Contributor

I think that in this 100 degree heat, I do about 150 steps per day.

Contributor

I try to average between 15,000 and 17,000 a day.   I find that I push myself to 

get up and walk more which is a good thing.  I try to walk at least 5 miles a day.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Seriously! 

I dont have AC & on days when I am home all day I seem to be paying more attention to how many times I jump in a cold shower to cool off than how many steps I take! lol..

Honored Contributor

I hit between 7,000 and 10,000 plus on my Fitbit during the week.  It's hard because I have a desk job but I normally can hit the 10,000 especially if I go to the gym in the morning before work.  Love that biking counts.  Weekends it's not a problem and I normally hit 10,000 to 15,000 plus depending on what I'm doing.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Fitbit One tracks my steps. It really was an eye-opener when I got it. I realized that even with good nutrition & regular workouts I wasn't moving much throughout the day. Especially a work day.

My steps vary a lot day-to-day.  My main focus for steps is staying active - moving more throughout the day. I work full time and fitness-wise and my priority is strength training. Many days there just isn't time to go walking at the end of the day (or beginning).

I make a point to walk more when I am at work - a few minutes here & there. I've got a lot of co-workers who do the same thing, even my boss. Adding extra steps when doing the things I normally do has made a difference. Instead of looking for the closest parking spot I look to park as far away as I can, etc.

When I do get the time for a real walk it is power walking for me! My neighborhood is great for it & I seem to have become a happy, regular sight for neighbors as I go up/down streets. I rarely have a set amount of time or steps to get in when walking. My route varies with my mood and, once I get going, I often have a hard time heading for home.

Honored Contributor

Nope. Never owned a device to keep track either. I just walk 4 miles a day outdoors and 2 miles on my tread. Plus all the other running around I do. I have no idea how many steps that it all together.

Trusted Contributor

I would like to get one of these, but I don't quite know which one. I had an app on my smart phone that was supposed to count my steps, but it was no where close to being accurate.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

Seriously! 

I dont have AC & on days when I am home all day I seem to be paying more attention to how many times I jump in a cold shower to cool off than how many steps I take! lol..

@willdob3

Small air conditioners aren't expensive and will be going on sale soon .....   life is so much more comfortable when the heat isn't constantly killing you.