Honored Contributor

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar for Health Benefits

[ Edited ]

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Lady, Apple cider vinegar is not the end all. Fermented foods are big these days and I like things like pickles and Kraus, they are not at the top of my list. For me, ACV is quick, easy and takes me no time, but if you can't do it, try a fermented food that you like.

Poodlepet2

True...fermented foods are popular right now, focusing on gut health.

BUT, it's the refrigerated fermented foods. 

Jarred pickles & sauerkraut on the shelves hold no probiotic benefits

due to the manufacturing which kills the cultures. 

Just wanted to make the distinction.

Honored Contributor

As much as this is a "natural food" I think the natural food industry has given this way too much credit for curing disease.  The Braggs Raw Vinegar brand is the worse label touting it to do dozens of cure alls.

do not believe everything you read or hear about it. It is a good food....nothing more.

Respected Contributor

I tried this several months ago (after reading about it on this board) for several months.  It did nothing for me, that I could tell.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They just had something about  this on the news just 5 minutes ago.  They said it's not what it's cracked up to be.  It can damage your esophagus.

Respected Contributor

I don't know what people expect-if anybody thinks they are taking this and magic happens, wrong, worn, wrong.....

If anybody believes it's a cure for sudden weight loss, no, it's not.

Please read my original post: what it does, and what it is alleged to do are two separate things.....it . Does increase the nutrient uptake from greens-especially dark leafy greens which I have many of In my diet.

It does help me personally with glucose regulation- more so than water it seems, but I  am not making claims of any kind.

Poodlepet2

Valued Contributor

I put a splash in a glass of water every morning when I get up. No, it's not a miracle worker, nothing is. However, I have not had any stomach/intestinal bugs since I started doing this, and that's pretty good, since my grands are like little adorable petri dishes from two days a week from daycare, lol.

Trusted Contributor

I just started taking it.  For me for digestion and possible help in inflamation .

I mix one tablespoon in about 20 oz of water, spinkle some cinnamon in it , add a little sweetner ~~and it actually tastes really good.  

I once months ago tried to just down it like a shot.. big mistake.  Burn baby burn!

That is where possible where toothor esophogas errotion happens