Valued Contributor

Anyone try the every other day diet?

I read about it in the new prevention magazine . it is similar to the fast diet from Michael Mosley . you fast on 500 calories every other day. Anyone try this?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone try the every other day diet?

Hmmm, I think I remember someone in particular starting a thread about the 5/2 diet about two years ago.Smiley Happy

Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

Grrrr can't edit.  No, I haven't tried that one.

Do the math.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What about the days in between? Anything goes?  What exactly is this suppose to accomplish? I could answer all these myself, but I can't help wondering why so many are looking for "an easier way".

The only sustainable weght loss or control program that works long term(the rest of one's life), is called a Lifestyle Change, a permant one.

Every time I think I've heard the strangest weight loss "diet"? Up pops another. Losing weight is the easy part, maintaining that loss? Not so much.

Yes, i have been there.

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

You eat anything you want one day, the next day 500 calories, for a women, and 600 calories for a man. 

Valued Contributor

I tried the Mosley diet , was it a few years ago? I may have started a thread about it. I didn't do very well. I think you were one of the ones that stuck with it and did really well ? This is almost the same except it's every other day. I got the book on kindle and it said this was actually easier than fasting twice a week, I forget why. How are you doing?

Respected Contributor

This is the way I have maintained my weight for many year...

This is the way I have maintained my weight for many years. I just wound up eating just a light small breakfast every other day with a handful of almonds or something similar for an evening snack. It works for me,
Respected Contributor

I have tried it, based on someone's thread on here about 2-3 years ago.  Sticked with it, did not cheat.  It did not work for me.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

What about the days in between? Anything goes?  What exactly is this suppose to accomplish? I could answer all these myself, but I can't help wondering why so many are looking for "an easier way".

The only sustainable weght loss or control program that works long term(the rest of one's life), is called a Lifestyle Change, a permant one.

Every time I think I've heard the strangest weight loss "diet"? Up pops another. Losing weight is the easy part, maintaining that loss? Not so much.

Yes, i have been there.

This

John, as long as people look for short cuts, there will always be another fad diet.

"Eat less, move more," on the other hand, will work.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

Hi Persephonel, Yes, that was me, lol.  It did work for me, but I also watched the other five days as well. 

I've been struggling with my health (not diet related - cancer) so eating properly has become a second job . . . sigh

Do the math.