Honored Contributor

DH found the cherry juice didn't help but the fresh cherries or cherry capsules do help and eliminate the pain and the swelling.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Gout

Another 'modern day' illness which can be cured with diet.

An alkaline diet is key.  Low fat, plant based will reduce the amount of 

uric acid within the body.  Inflammation is reduced & gout will be a thing

of the past.    

People will cite 'genetics'...nope.  Not genetics but hereditary lifestyles.  Your great-grandmother cooked greasy, fatty foods, your nana cooked greasy, fatty foods...and passed the recipes to your mother, who cooked this way, then passed to us & our children who still make those foods today.  Greasy, fatty recipes passed from generation to generation.

Reduce animal & oil products, increase starches/beans/greens, gout will be at bay.  "But I've been eating this way...and STILL get gout!"  Beginning this type of diet can release the fat, increasing the uric acid & possibly triggering a gout attack.   But in the long term, when the fat is reduced in the diet, gout will be gone.  #BigPictureLongTerm

@sidsmom HOW RIGHT YOU ARE!!!  If you stay away from the foods that will give you gout, gout will not return.  I got gout after eating mussels one night.  I received a list of foods to avoid from my doctor that will bring on gout.  I avoided them and I've been fine ever since.  It's that simple. 

Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Gout

Another 'modern day' illness which can be cured with diet.

An alkaline diet is key.  Low fat, plant based will reduce the amount of uric acid within the body.  Inflammation is reduced & gout will be a thing of the past.    

People will cite 'genetics'...nope.  Not genetics but hereditary lifestyles.  Your great-grandmother cooked greasy, fatty foods, your nana cooked greasy, fatty foods...and passed the recipes to your mother, who cooked this way, then passed to us & our children who still make those foods today.  Greasy, fatty recipes passed from generation to generation.

Reduce animal & oil products, increase starches/beans/greens, gout will be at bay.  "But I've been eating this way...and STILL get gout!"  Beginning this type of diet can release the fat, increasing the uric acid & possibly triggering a gout attack.   But in the long term, when the fat is reduced in the diet, gout will be gone.  #BigPictureLongTerm

@sidsmom HOW RIGHT YOU ARE!!!  If you stay away from the foods that will give you gout, gout will not return.  I got gout after eating mussels one night.  I received a list of foods to avoid from my doctor that will bring on gout.  I avoided them and I've been fine ever since.  It's that simple. 

@BlingQueen022

Thank you for your kind words.

Food is so incredibly powerful.

So happy you found your solution.

"It's that simple"...How right YOU are!!! 💛💛

Respected Contributor

We use Cherry extract capsules from Now brand and celery seed extract capsules.  In a pinch you can juice celery or just eat a few stalks.  It works overnight.

Honored Contributor

Does he take a diuretic for high blood pressure? This often triggers gout. Try tart cherry juice, has been proven effective for gout. There is also the RX medicine colcichine. Cut down on red meat too. 

Honored Contributor

Family member has it and takes medicine as well as watches his diet. However, he drinks wine daily and well.... that's doesn't help the situation. That said, he has an attack once every 2-3 years. 

Honored Contributor

They are not really sure what causes gout...let's face it  some people eat ****** and drink alcohol excessively and have no problems with gout.I think something is not working correctly in the body and too much of the uric acid is formed.I hope that my son can find his triggers snd control it until someone can figure out what is actually going wrong in his body.

Honored Contributor

It's an inflammation.

Eat an anti-inflammatory diet & you've all but beat it.

The Power of Food.

Though, people refuse to believe it.

Little change results in, well, little change.