Respected Contributor

Anyone Wear Bifocal Contact Lenses? Advice Appreciated!

Just started wearing bifocal contact lenses yesterday and am hoping that I will be one of the lucky ones who can adjust to them. The eye doctor said that not everyone can. I'm really tired of the reading glasses thing, and I normally don't need any correction (or at least very little) for distance.

The eye doctor said that unlike bifocal glasses, the reading part of these bifocal contacts is in the center. He said that it can take up to 6 weeks to adjust to these, and possibly they may have to change the brand or prescription. He mentioned that your brain has to do some adjusting to the new vision.

Right now I'm not seeing the clearest with them in...everything is a little blurry...but I'm willing to try to be patient. Last night, when I wanted to read, I just took them out and put my reading glasses on.

Just wondering what your experiences have been with bifocal or multifocal contact lenses. I've talked to several people who gave up on them. Thanks!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli