Valued Contributor
Wondering if anybody uses or has used shakeology?? Any luck??? I'm thinking of trying, kinda on the expensive side, I've tried the premium protein shakes and like the taste but didn't do anything to curb my appetite. TIA
Trusted Contributor

Re: Any Shakeology users??

[ Edited ]

I do.  I usually drink one pre-work out before a heavy weight training session.  Or if I'm feeling sluggish and need a good boost before or after a workout.  I do reserve them for an absolute need because of the price.

Give them a try.  I think you'll be pleased with them.  I believe  they have sample packets of the product for $20.00 on their website.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

It will curb you appetite for awhile.  It has so many nutritional ingredients that your body needs and not necessarily getting.   My mom has been drinking it four about 6 years and she has lost 35 lbs and has kept it off and this is without working out  There are ways of getting it cheaper though.  Through a club memembership which is a quarterly fee and that gives you a 10% discount through Beachbody.  Another way is to become a coach and you receive a 25% discount but there is a monthly fee but you can be a coach just for the discounts.  Either way you can get the discounts on anything you order through BB either way.  Hope this helps....        

Trusted Contributor

I just ordered the new cafe latte flavor. I have used the chocolate & vanilla in the past & really liked them. It was the only thing that kept me full & cut my cravings. I haven't used it in a couple years because it's so expensive. The last time I got it I ordered a challenge pack & it was a little cheaper that way. That's when you order it along with a workout DVD & get a deal. It's gotten so I have every workout DVD so challenge packs aren't an option until they come out with a new workout.

if you do order the Shakeology check out all the online recipes. I like adding 1/2 banana & a little PB to the chocolate. Or OJ to the vanilla for a creamsicle... Good luck!

Valued Contributor
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm ordering a 30 day supply to see how I do. I ordered the chocolate, vanilla and strawberry flavors!!!
Trusted Contributor

Experiment with the recipes/ingredients when you get them. Some people use almond milk, water, ice. I always used ice, water & just a little bit of 1% milk. I think the little bit of milk made it creamier. Plus I think it's better to mix it in a blender or bullet type appliance as opposed to just shaking in a cup. Gets so whipped & creamy like a milkshake. Yum! 

Valued Contributor
Thanks for the replies and the tips! I've got the 28 day supply ordered, earlier I said 30 day but after looking at my order, it's only 28 days! Regardless, I anxiously waiting on my order!
Super Contributor

The single packs are convenient but the bags are the better deal as they last 30 days.  We also have Vegan flavors as well and new flavors are being released this year along with three new workout programs. 

Super Contributor

I have used it regularly for a couple of years. Chocolate is my favorite. I use skim milk, peanut butter and ice in mine then  mix in blender. I love the flavor. I am retiring in June and will probably try something different to cut expenses. I have read about Ideal Shape and may order it to try. You can't beat the flavor of Shake -o.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is the strawberry vegan flavor nutrition list (below).

Shakelogy doesn't have magical, mystical powers...

just like the numerous "Proteeeeeen" food plans/menus.
These shakes have the same ingredients as the normal grocery store supplement powders...at a much, much lesser cost & better availability.

As for Supplement nutrition....yes, you'll lose weight.  It's just calorie restriction.  Like Slimfast...2 shakes a day w/ a 'sensible dinner at night'. At 170 calories a serving, you're reducing your calorie intake dramatically.  Anyone who's anyone can lose weight like this.   Healthy?  Ah. No.  Just look at the fiber count....4 grams.   Crazy talk.  All these macro-nutrients can be obtained through a much, much cheaper & healthier whole foods food source.  Weight loss which is just as quick...and sustainable in the long run.   

Suggestion:  Save your $$ for whole, organic foods for the long-term, healthy weight loss & optimum health. 

IMG_0856.JPG