Trusted Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman - January 2017 Visits - Chat Here

@untitled

Thanks!  I've been waiting for TS for months. 

Honored Contributor

He said he will be back in April but they are talking about adding a show in March.

The extra Monday NIght 2 hours were just the specials.  They did show the men's Prostate product due to questions he received, which is something I had never seen on air before.

Other than that, same old song.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@Teddie wrote:
I've been looking at things for brain health too, willdob3. It's too confusing.

Hi @Teddie

Here's what I take that I feel is useful for brain health: 

* Andrew Lessman's Elite multivitamin, but his Essential-1 multivitamin is a great place to start -- From my perspective, I make sure to get my essential core nutrients to start with.

* Omega-3 (DHA and EPA) -- DHA is what's most important for brain health. DHA is the fatty acid found in greatest concentration in the brain. -- I get 1,000mg (1gm) of Omega-3 with Andrew's Elite multi. I supplement that with about 1.5 servings of Nordic Naturals liquid Omega-3 which provides an additional 2gms of Omega-3. -- Nordic Naturals is the only other brand (besides Andrew's brand) that uses the natural triglyceride form of Omega-3, versus the cheaper to manufacture ethyl esters form. -- Andrew has mentioned that the trigliceride form is 2-3 time more effective than the ethyl esters form. -- Andrew feels that 1gm of Omega-3 daily is the way to go (as do most major sources). For me, personally, 3gms daily is the way for me to go. ------ Omega-3 helps to balance my brain mood. I saw results in about 30 days.

* Phosphatidyl Choline (in the lechithin granular form) -- PC naturally comes in a granular form and it's expensive to change it over to the gelcap form. -- Andrew suggests that folks take one scoop daily (about 1gm, 1,000mg, daily). One of the Procaps reps told me that Andrew actually takes 3 servings daily, so that's what I take. -- It's not magic, but it does help me with brain clarity. ---- PC is the primary phospholipid found in the brain.

* Curcumin (found in Tumeric) -- I was surprised to find that after taking it for 3 days that it reduced my brain fog. -- Epidemialogical studies (studies of large ethnic populations) have found that people in India have the lowest Altzheimers levels in the world. They also use the most Tumeric in their daily food sauces by a long shot. The feeling is that this is a protective component against Altzheimers. -- Andrew's Turmeric is COMPLEXED with phosphatidyl choline. These two ingredients are blended together for an extended period of time which makes the tumeric up to 29 TIMES more effective. -- Note: tumeric is not bioavailable on it's own and your body can't absorb it. It's not even enough to take tumeric with phosphatidyl cholline, it has to be blended with PC for a long time for it to become effective.

* Memory & Brain Support capsules (from Procaps Labs) -- This is chock full of great ingredients including Acetyl-L-Carnitine and one that I think very highly of, Vinpocetine. lol, I still haven't gotten around to taking this supplement but, based on it's ingredient profile, it's definately worth a go. -- 360 capsules are regular $120 at Procaps but are on sale for $100 through this evening. Smiley Happy

___

Other supplements that have some specific brain benefit...

COQ10 -- it's in the mitachondria of every cell in your body... or that cell dies. It's essentialy like the gas in your car that gives it the energy to go. So it's in every living cell in your brain. -- If you take Andew's supplements, this is one of his three "must haves: Essential-1 w/ Vitamin D3 multi vitamin, Omega-3 and COQ10. Andrew always has ah crazy good value on it in October as a TS. --- Also, COQ10 is an anti-oxidant that can cross the blood/brain barrier.

Alpha Lipoic Acid -- Alpha Lipoic Acid is an anti-oxidant that can cross the blood/brain barrier.

Phosphatidylserine (PS) (200mg daily) -- PS is one of the most subtle supplements that I take and it's kind of hard to describe how PS works. --- PS seems to be able to helps keep cortisol levels in check when I'm under stress. My stress is still there but it's manageable and I can work through my stress effectively. lol, without PS, I'm a mess sometimes. Really. So for me, PS makes a subtle but very effective difference. --- I'd recommend 200mg of PS daily. That's what's the general recommendations are and that's what I've taken for years. -- Some folks take 300mg of PS daily... so you just have to figure out what your body chemistry needs. -- If I remember correctly, when I first started taking PS, I think I took a daily loading dose of 300mg daily for the first month and then went down to 200mg daily. 

@Teddie, I hope this info is helpful Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777

Oh my, you are beyond kind to provide me with all that information! I can't believe you took the time to do all that!  Thank you....

I was stuck on which of AL brain products to take since he has more than one choice.  I've taken his PC Liver & Brain before but wasn't sure which one I needed now, as my needs have changed.  I'm 60 now and going through more things that have affected me, physically and emotionally. I can't imagine where I'd been if I hadn't been supplementing.   

I take most of what you suggested and more.  I don't take the Essential 1 but do take the Women's Complete with Maximum Essential Omega-3.  I've been off most of my vitamins for at least a month, with Christmas and such I just got off track but need to get back on.  I wish I'd seen your post before I ordered.  I bet I would have ordered the Phosphatidylserine (PS).  I think I will definitely look into that for the future.  I ended up ordering the PC Liver & Brain and also Memory & Brain.  I also take Prevagen, if you've heard of that, although I've been off of that for awhile too. 

I like ordering directly through the Procaps site.   I used to order through hsn but was starting to be charged tax, which sure adds up when you're ordering as much as I do. Procaps--no tax plus I get a discount on the more I order.  Much less than hsn. 

Once again, thank you so much for your detailed, thoughtful and helpful reply.  Super nice of you.  Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

@untitled

Thanks!  I've been waiting for TS for months. 

Yes I remembered you asking about Essential 1.

Andrew was discussing the trio-

Omega-3 Ultimate Eye and Essential 1

and said that they would each be a TS in Spring.

Trusted Contributor

why does it have to be all in the same visit, my CC will be smokingSmiley Embarassed I need all 3

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

Prices are good through tomorrow?

I did get the C&VS and the Friendly Floria/Digestive package.

Have anyone tried the Phosphatidyl Serine and had noticeable results? If so, what were/are you taking it for and what benefits did you notice?  Do you take the 100 or 200 version? 

@bebe777 - I've been weeding through old posts/threads - you take PS200? It sounds like you've had good results with it.

Hi @willdob3, I've been taking 200mg of PS daily for a number of years with good results. Andrew's PS was much more expensive than other PS until a few years ago and so I had used the Doctors Best brand (a very good brand) until then. 

When Andrew lowered the PS prices I switched over and I've gotten even better results. Yay Andew!!! Smiley Happy

PS is one of the most subtle supplements that I take and it's kind of hard to describe how PS works.

PS seems to be able to helps keep cortisol levels in check when I'm under stress. My stress is still there but it's manageable and I can work through my stress effectively. lol, without PS, I'm a mess sometimes. Really. Smiley Sad So for me, PS makes a subtle but very effective difference. 

@willdob3, I'd recommend the PS 200. That's what's the general recommendations are and that's what I've taken for years. -- Some folks take 300mg of PS daily... so you just have to figure out what your body chemistry needs. -- If I remember correctly, when I first started taking PS, I think I took a daily loading dose of 300mg daily for the first month and then went down to 200mg daily. 

I hope my info helps. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 - Thanks so much for all the info. I got the 120 capsule bottle of the PS 100 a few days ago and plan to start (tomorrow) with 1 capsule per day. I'll see how that feels for at least a few days (not sure if it usually makes an immediate improvement or if it takes a few weeks to notice) & then increase to see which dose is best for me. Assuming I do find it helpful, I'll be able to order the PS 200 if that is best for me, when Andrew is back in April.

I plan to reread about it & do more research later today so I have fresh in my mind what to expect. I don't want to miss positive changes if they are subtle for me, too.

Honored Contributor

Have they announced the April dates for Andrews visits yet? I'm weeding through old threads looking but haven't seen mention of the dates yet. Last year he had TSs on 4/10 and 4/17. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3  I haven't seen anything.  He mentioned they were trying to book a March show so we'll see if that happens.

My Untimate Friendly Flora finally shipped.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

FYI -

Cinnamon and Berberine 250 are February Specials and there is a 20 % coupon floating around that some people get (yes I know the 'lucky' ones.)Nevertheless if anyone was interested - it is a good deal with the coupon.

Occasional Contributor

Did we determine if a special on Essential-1 was upcoming and, if so, when? I know he mentioned something last visit but not sure.