Honored Contributor

10 Things That Happen to Your Body When You Walk

[ Edited ]

JUST WALK!  Click on below to see slides showing what happens when you simply walk.

10 Things That Happen to Your Body When You Walk

Regular walking has incredible benefits on your health and wellbeing – and the good news… we obtain these benefits every day. According to the Mayo Clinic, regular brisk walking can help you maintain a healthy weight, prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease and high blood pressure, strengthen your bones and muscles, improve your mood, and improve your balance and coordination.

There are a number of ways to add more walking into your day. Try taking the stairs instead of the elevator, pace around while talking on the telephone, leave the office and go for a brisk walk during your lunch break, or get off of your bus/train stop a station earlier and walk the rest of the way.

Improve your circulation, enhance your mood, lower your risk for Alzheimer’s disease and live a longer, healthier life just by walking

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/10-things-that-happen-to-your-body-when-you-walk/ss-BBrZpaf

Valued Contributor

Re: 10 Things That Happen to Your Body When You Walk

I have walked one hour almost everyday for the past several years.  I have never lost a pound and feel  better when I don't walk. 

Frequent Contributor

Since I received a Fitbit Flex 1 1/2 years ago I've been walking every day!  As a retired senior I know I have to keep moving and walking is the best  thing ever "invented" to do that!  LOL !  And I have experienced those 10 things that happen when you walk!  And with the warmer weather arriving here on the east coast I'll be walking outside a lot more - expecially when I get down the shore and walk up to 10 miles a day on the boardwalk!  Well, gotta go - time to walk!

Esteemed Contributor

I feel so much better when I walk every day.  I can’t say enough good things about it.  When I had my physical they asked if I worked out every day because of my low pulse rate.   All my stats were above average.  Walking has provided me so many benefits – regulates my appetite, crave healthier foods, reduces stress, less headaches, better sleep, revs up my metabolism, gives me more energy, keeps my weight in check, relieves depression, etc.

Honored Contributor

I have my fitbit and strive each day for that 10,000 step vibration! Yesterday I did 13,000 steps! It is so motivating to see  how many more steps I do now that I am walking 45 minutes each day. LOVE IT!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Thanks for the link!!

Honored Contributor

@CHATTY wrote:

I have walked one hour almost everyday for the past several years.  I have never lost a pound and feel  better when I don't walk. 

@BLHeveryone is different. We all need to go with the flow of what works best for our individual needs.

Honored Contributor

I'm still a work in progress.  I need to up my walking.  I think walking is a good thing.

Respected Contributor

I have some arthrites in both knees and it hurts to walk.  I find alternate exercise and watch my diet.

Trusted Contributor

@CHATTY wrote:

LOL @BLH

dee