WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: what is the one thing you know now, that you wish you knew when started with WEN?

@nikki48 wrote:

I wish I knew each seasonal is its own animal. I tried WVM first (because I love all things chocolate mint) and it was drying for me. I didnt try any other seasonal after that until you girls showed me you cant discredit them all because of one.

Yes! Great comment, @nikki48! This is so very true!

I love the smell of Winter Vanilla Mint, but it was very drying for me, as well. None of the original seasonals really worked well for me (even though they are my some of my favorite scents), but the later seasonals were so much better for my hair!

Frequent Contributor

Re: what is the one thing you know now, that you wish you knew when started with WEN?

I wish I had known off the bat exactly what it says on the back of the bottle, haha. Well I read it but disregarded and did one cleanse with the minimum pumps it said for my length and no leave in. When I started listening to Chaz (and the back of the bottle that was there all along lol) I got rid of every other hair care product I had and nothing else has touched my hair since. I never thought my hair could be like this. It's atleast 3 times thicker and totally manageable. I could rave about it all day but I think you get the point. 😋
Frequent Contributor

Oh and also my hair is now 13 months in without a cut and it looks like I just cut it yesterday. I saw an old pic of myself pre Wen and couldn't believe how broken off my hair used to look. Guess I wasn't quite done raving lol!! 😊
Trusted Contributor

I wish had bought more of the original Wen oils. I love the current oils, but the originals were $20.00 a bottle.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

More than one so here goes:

1.) that I don't need all the other ancillary products to get my best hair- no need for leave in, mousse, glossing cream, ftc, sc for me (I mostly air dry)

2.) that I can use less than the  recommended amount and still get perfect hair

3.) that although I like the idea of the rtms, they really just don't work for my hair (would have saved me some money early on).

4.) that the comb is so awesome! Wish I would have bought them earlier.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish I listened to CHaz when he first said "you need to use the styling cream".  I went a long time without it but when I added it my hair was dramatically changed even though I air dry.  I learned the hard way to listen to Chaz first time around.

i also wish I started mixing cc's earlier in my Wen days.

Respected Contributor

I wish I had known I was allergic to lavender, so that I would have bought a different Spring TSV, and been using WEN six months earlier, instead of waiting for the first Fall seasonal to try it again!  Six months of fabulous hair  I can never get back!

Trusted Contributor

I wish I'd known that more is more when it comes to CC. To clarify for some folks who are not Wenners, more here doesn't mean absurd amounts. It means the recommended amount plus or minute a pump or two depending on hair length. I actually cleanse less and therefore do not go bananas with cost.

I wish I'd known that soy would never work for my hair, but I did enjoy some great smelling shave cream! Smiley Happy

I wish I'd gotten into the oils game earlier. I'm still a novice, but I'm going to build this up.

I wish I'd found this board even sooner! Y'all are THE BEST and I've learned so much.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish I knew :

1. That Remoist really is THAT good. I resisted trying it for a long time due to the many many poor results obtained using other treatment masques and deep conditioners.

2. Drying hair with a T-shirt really does make a big difference vs. a towel.

3. The WEN comb is superb. 

4. Chaz really does know what he is talking about! Not listening to him was a waste of valuable time that  I could have had good hair.