WEN

Super Contributor

what is the one thing you know now, that you wish you knew when started with WEN?

For me, it would be use more of the styling creme! It really helps fight the frizzies & fly aways.

With mid-back length hair, I need 5 to 6  pumps when I air dry and when I started I only used 1 to 2. 

#IamTeamWen
Honored Contributor

Re: what is the one thing you know now, that you wish you knew when started with WEN?

I don't use WEN but that is exactly the thing that puzzles me about WEN.  What is the point of WEN if you still have to use a bunch of different products....just like you do with any other shampoo.

Honored Contributor

Re: what is the one thing you know now, that you wish you knew when started with WEN?

For me the point is that my hair color doesn't fade with Wen like it does with shampoo and my hair doesn't get split ends anymore either. It also stays cleaner longer and I don't have oily scalp and dry ends like I did with shampoo. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't use WEN but that is exactly the thing that puzzles me about WEN.  What is the point of WEN if you still have to use a bunch of different products....just like you do with any other shampoo.

This is not an answer to your question ,but I would like to say,when Chaz first started ,he said his product was all we would ever need and to get rid of all those bottles we keep in our shower.

Well,so many of us ,  (not me,)  kept insisting we needed more products,for this and that ( out of habit,I suppose) and begged Chaz to make them.his real purpose has changed ,only because  some insisted they  "needed" all these products.

My point is try his cleansing products and see how you like it without anything else added. The styling cream is supposed to hel[p with the protection from the heat of the dryer.I do use that.

hope this helps

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

This question always puzzles me, too. What's the point of using a facial cleanser to wash your face if you are also using toothpaste to brush your teeth? Two different products do two different things and that seems pretty obvious to me.

The point of using WEN is to wash your hair, just like shampoo and conditioner, not to style it. WEN replaces shampoo, conditioner, detangler, and shaving cream. It's never been meant to replace styling products because you don't wash your hair with the same thing you use to style it. Unless you've been using hair gel to wash your hair, I suspect you already understood this and just wanted to use the opportunity to cause a fuss.

Honored Contributor

I wish I knew that Fig would be the best formula for me and that many of the others don't work for me at all. That would have saved me money and space in the bathroom. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I wish I knew:

1) Chaz created the product, therefore, he knows the best way to use it! 

A) use at least the # of pumps of CC,SC, etc. he suggests!

B) apply styling products to soaking wet hair

C) use the wenderful WEN comb to distribute CC and styling products in shower

Great thread!    Smiley Very Happy

Regular Contributor

@CoCo87 wrote:

I wish I knew:

1) Chaz created the product, therefore, he knows the best way to use it! 

A) use at least the # of pumps of CC,SC, etc. he suggests!

B) apply styling products to soaking wet hair

C) use the wenderful WEN comb to distribute CC and styling products in shower

Great thread!    Smiley Very Happy

I totally agree with you. Most important follow Chaz' instructions! :-). 

Don't towel dry unless it's with on old cotton t shirt, since the towel has texture to it, it will cause frizz 

If your hair isn't responding to the product like it use to, your hair may have grown and you might not be using enough product. Make sure product is going to the ends. 

Honored Contributor

Wish I'd known that I could use and LOVE WEN when I first tried it using CA (So very wrong for my hair), using only 1 pump, and rinsing as with POO.

Wish I'd asked for help and learned to use the CC's for MY hair correctly years before I did!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

I wish I knew each seasonal is its own animal. I tried WVM first (because I love all things chocolate mint) and it was drying for me. I didnt try any other seasonal after that until you girls showed me you cant discredit them all because of one.

#IAmTeamWen