WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: one of my WEN goodies shipped on Monday

@Jax016 wrote:

@nikki48  Great Nikki.  I am going to try TFP with 613.  I have mixing 613 with FVWP cause by itself it seems to me anyway not doing too much.  Mixing it spot on.  Using just FVWP two snaps.  I am enjoying the seasonals alot.  I wondered what is the difference is it because the others are treatment based like 613?  Have not tried any of the rice based one but I do have BGT but trying to use the other ones first b4 trying it.  i just don't what too many open bottles...LOL  

@Jax016, have fun mixing! I have noticed the seasonals that work better for me have honey in them, I dont believe FTP does so it performs well but not as well as say SHP or FVWP. The 319 bump up with FTP makes it great!

Pom gives my straight hair great body and movement, as the seasonals are also soy it explains why they work the same way. If I had to place them in order of most treatment to least it would be 319/613, Seasonals, Core. Personally, I would put the rice formulas above core but below seasonals just because of the bamboo water. My hair really likes the bamboo water as well.

#IAmTeamWen
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nikki48  Thanks Nikki.  I am having fun mixing.  I am learning what is working for me and what is not working for me.  I really rinse my hair really good with cold water and I know cold water.  yikes!!!!  I use a old tshirt to get some of excess water out. You give great information about the CC.  I have 319 but never used that one either.  I am trying to use up 613 first mixed with seasonals.  I keep telling myself use up that stuff you have open b4 you open up others....LOL Smiley Happy

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jax016

@nikki48

Okay, here's my synopsis & how I used the products I received.

I started on a "clean" slate by using a clarifying shampoo first to give the products a fair shake when it comes to performance & overall results.

Next, I used the BGT remoist on my wet hair, with 2 plastic caps, scarf & left it on overnight (causing a sort of heat penetrating treatment for the remoist).

The following day, I rinsed, and used BGT for the 1st cleanse & followed with 319 on the 2nd cleanse. Then used 1/2 pump SHL for my leave in (love the smell on my hair)

Then, I used 319 oil on my scalp, 319 RTM on my mid shaft & ends & proceeded to allow my hair to air dry in a ponytail tied down with a silk scarf to tame any possible frizzies until the next day (takes a while to air dry appx 24hrs).

Once dried, I added 4 droppers that were 1/2 full each of 319 Oil to the 4 sections of my hair, added Theorie serum & went to flat ironing......

RESULTS: Hair was strong, less lost hairs, LOTS of sheen and body! I'm very pleased with the outcome. I will continue to tweak it with the other formulas I have.

My BF tried the Mens CC, he likes it alot. He said it was refreshing to the scalp & opened his sinuses. So he's on board with that formula...LOL. He likes the SHL scent on my hair, so much he bought me a bottle of the EDP over the weekend (wink-wink). LOL

If anyone has any tips, please chime in.....

I hope this helps someone.

These formulas I have but I haven't used yet:

319 CC

PJP CC

MIF CC

Mens CC (although my BF has)

Have used:

FTP CC

SHP CC

Fig CC (works great, dont like smell)

Apple CC

FWVP-CC

FF CC (Blue/White Bottle)

613 CC- YUCK my hair hates this!

Super Contributor

@course24  I was wondering how the products were working for you.  Glad BGT and 319 is working for you.  I agree with you with 613.  I have to mix it with seasonals.  Once I done with my stash of it, will not order it again.  Think I have one more bottle left.  Glad your BF like the WEN Men.   I don't have the 319 oil.  Want to try it.  I am using TT oil and love it.  Is the theorie serum what you use b4 you flat iron your hair?  Your BF bought you SHL EDP nice.  Never tried FF CC  blue/white bottle.  Is this the restorative one that is rice based.  You have to let me know if you like that one.

i used MIF texturizing spray as a settling lotion to roll up my hair and it made my hair very bouncy.  This time I use 613 and FTP.  My hair loved it.  Nice and soft.  Hubby told me you are going to use up FTP.  I said yes I will.

keep us posted.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jax016

Yes. I used the Theorie serum just before I flat ironed my hair along with 319 oil on my scalp. The serum is a staple for me b4 flat ironing and for hairdressing at least 1/2 of the week. I was surprised at the 613 on my hair. My hair loves protein at every turn. But, this made my hair angry! I may give it away. I don't care for the scent of it either. The FF CC is indeed rice-based. However, I believe it contains a higher level of menthol than 319 or even the seasonals I've tried thus far & because of this, it tends to turn me off. The results were not as good as I can get with the seasonals I've tried. This made me try the 319 formula & Apple afterwards (less to no menthol). I really like the 319 oil. I like the idea of using an oil that doesn't overtake my hair with fragrance. I'd like to keep the fragrance only in my CC's. I hope they decide to sell this separately in the future, I'd be all over it. I haven't tried the texturizing sprays. IDK if I will. I don't typically roller-set or wear my hair with it's natural texture since I'm relaxed with tightly "S" coiled textured hair in it's natural state & is beyond bra-strap relaxed. Too much work/upkeep involved for me to go natural right now. I like to keep it simple. However, I did grab the SHL mousse for when I go the hairdresser for them to use if they roller-set my hair. But the pump on the mousse bottle is broken & I don't have a replacement pump for it. My BF likes the fresh smell of the FTP CC on my hair as well. So I have 2 seasonals I definitely have to keep in rotation for him. I will use the 319 RTM for daily hairstyling instead of using a water bottle for smoothing my hair into a ponytail. I may need to grab a few more bottles of that to have on hand since I'll be using it so frequently.

@Jax016 wrote:

@course24  I was wondering how the products were working for you.  Glad BGT and 319 is working for you.  I agree with you with 613.  I have to mix it with seasonals.  Once I done with my stash of it, will not order it again.  Think I have one more bottle left.  Glad your BF like the WEN Men.   I don't have the 319 oil.  Want to try it.  I am using TT oil and love it.  Is the theorie serum what you use b4 you flat iron your hair?  Your BF bought you SHL EDP nice.  Never tried FF CC  blue/white bottle.  Is this the restorative one that is rice based.  You have to let me know if you like that one.

i used MIF texturizing spray as a settling lotion to roll up my hair and it made my hair very bouncy.  This time I use 613 and FTP.  My hair loved it.  Nice and soft.  Hubby told me you are going to use up FTP.  I said yes I will.

keep us posted.

Super Contributor

@course24  My hair is still relaxed but it is easier for me to roller set it than flat iron cause it always damaged my hair.  Now I wished I could blow dry it straight like Alicia but     cannot maneuver it like he does....LOL it is funny how different things work for different people.  Glad it is working out for you.  Have to find out if Chaz will bring out the oil separate to purchase on QVC.  Maybe the oil is on his website but it is will be more expensive on his website than opposed to QVC. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jax016 wrote:

@course24  My hair is still relaxed but it is easier for me to roller set it than flat iron cause it always damaged my hair.  Now I wished I could blow dry it straight like Alicia but     cannot maneuver it like he does....LOL it is funny how different things work for different people.  Glad it is working out for you.  Have to find out if Chaz will bring out the oil separate to purchase on QVC.  Maybe the oil is on his website but it is will be more expensive on his website than opposed to QVC. 

@Jax016

It is interesting about hair textures isn't it? I tried roller setting my hair many times years ago but could never get the hang of it, so I quit. Besides I could never get it where my roots were straight & the rollers were tight enough. Flat ironing has always been easier for me. I can get my hair to look salon-like & control if I want it bone straight or left with a thick texture if I want with adjusting the temp settings on my CHI & it takes me about 45min. Blow drying my hair straight like salons w/ no flat iron involved--no can do at all! I'm scared to do that with all that intense direct heat while pulling/tugging on my wet hair. Wet hair is much more weaker & prone to damage. Neh, I'll leave that to the pros in the salon...LOL

I love Alicia's hair as well. However, my hair is more course than hers ( I have 4C texture). Her hair reminds me much like my SIL. Her texture is exactly like Alicia's. I've seen Alicia's hair in other shows when she wears it back & not straighten. It's very curly wavy & pretty when wet. Not mine, more like a dry sponge that just got wet= a swollen hot mess! Believe me, I went to Chaz' site for the oil, it's $82 for the same 4oz! I bought the 3pc kit from QVC for $80+$3 S&H. No thanks. I'd rather keep buying the kit (more for my $$). I use all the products in the kit anyway.

Super Contributor

@course24  That is great that you can flat iron your hair really ggod.  I could never get it straight enough.  It is funny how things works for different people.  True about wet hair and prone to more damage and weaker.  Yes will wait until I see the kit on QVC.  I use the TT oil everyday morning and night.  I have to laugh when you said about your hair dry sponge wet...LOL