WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: it's January 2017 let THE WEN CHAT begin

@Kjelle 

wow - then we started like within a month of each other.  I started right after I missed the Dec TSV which I promised myself I would never ever miss anything again and immediately signed up for the Insider! ha 

and it was 12 dollars a year back then.

So Happy Five Wen Years...

Respected Contributor

Congratulations @Kjelle! In September it'll be four years since I started using Wen. Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Kjelle & @untitled. Congrats! Happy Weniversary!

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

I was wondering if any of you long time Wen girls had any more info on this...?

Since I have ever on going scalp sensitivities & sometimes like something other than WK's on my scalp, I have ventured back into my beloved Seasonal's...I am doing so-so but thought by watching how high or low the menthol was on each CC it would help me to pick ones where menthol was placed lowest I could find...I was asking Chaz's Customer Service, but they said the ingredients aren't placed in any order at all...Only food ingredients have to be placed in order, not beauty..So I am guessing that if menthol is let's say # 30, it could really be #1 on ingredient deck...I guess I always just assumed..

Esteemed Contributor

@quadmimi,  " I guess I always just assumed . . . TOO!

After reading your post I went straight to the medicine cabinet and started looking at labels of all the other items in there. Ingredients do seem to be listed in order of their place in the total volume.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This from the FDA  http://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/Labeling/Regulations/ucm126444.htm#clgl3

See: Ingredient Labeling

Order of Declaration 

edited to add I Googled under both Beauty Products

and (ugh!) Shampoos.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kjelle.  happy Wenniversary!!

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

Since I have ever on going scalp sensitivities & sometimes like something other than WK's on my scalp, I have ventured back into my beloved Seasonal's...I am doing so-so but thought by watching how high or low the menthol was on each CC it would help me to pick ones where menthol was placed lowest I could find...I was asking Chaz's Customer Service, but they said the ingredients aren't placed in any order at all...Only food ingredients have to be placed in order, not beauty..So I am guessing that if menthol is let's say # 30, it could really be #1 on ingredient deck...I guess I always just assumed..

@quadmimi  I don't know why they would tell you that. Why wouldn't it be in the order of what ingredient there's the most of in the formula? If they don't want to tell you how much menthol is in each formula that's one thing but you'd think they could tell you which one has the least.

Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@quadmimi  I don't know why they would tell you that. Why wouldn't it be in the order of what ingredient there's the most of in the formula? If they don't want to tell you how much menthol is in each formula that's one thing but you'd think they could tell you which one has the least.

@HSB1204  I don't know, she just said she wanted me to be aware that they aren't listed in order of top ingredient is not "maybe higest" in the product...so if I was thinking lets say menthol is 30 ingredients down on one CC and 15 on another CC that doesnt' mean there is less menthol in the 30 ingredient down one...so I guess I just "sniff"...?

I will just stick with trying to keep them more off my scalp, but good to know...

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

This from the FDA  http://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/Labeling/Regulations/ucm126444.htm#clgl3

See: Ingredient Labeling

Order of Declaration 

edited to add I Googled under both Beauty Products

and (ugh!) Shampoos.

THanks @x Hedge  I am kind of bad reading these things, I wasn't sure if I was seeing shampoo type products or just face cosmetics, gosh I can't believe anyone can ever market anything with all those "rules", you can all be glad it's not me doing it!! Smiley Happy