WEN

Respected Contributor

I see the winter 32oz. are back!  Yay!  The Light Finishing Spray on Chaz's site is back too.  Now if QVC will do some easy pay.....

My new favorite seasonal is the WRC.  I love how thick and creamy it is when I pump it out in my hands and rub hands together, it stays and does not fall to the floor.  So luxurious.  I didn't think it would be as wonderful as it really is.  Chaz went to see Obama's farewell speech in Chicago.  Safe trip home, Chaz. xo

Respected Contributor

Thank you, Yangya!  I just ordered one WRC on A/D, which is on easy-pay, that will give me two 32 ounce bottles, which should be plenty for summer use.   I hope everyone else gets as much of their favorite winter CC's as they need to hold them over until next winter!

Respected Contributor

Auto-Delivery is currently on 4 easy-pay. Single shipment does not have easy-pay. 

Regular Contributor

Thank you for this info!  I assumed WVM was sold out and done for the season!  On a side note regarding auto delivery, has anyone had issues with their Fall auto delivery shipment being delivered?  Mine apparently shows it shipped but someplace between being scanned as shipped and getting out of the Q warehouse, it disappeared.   Somebody in the warehouse is the recipient of a nice shipment of FGP, just not me. They did refund, but I was counting on the additional product at this time of the year. Very disappointed. Hope it doesn't happen with the WVM.

Esteemed Contributor

Fooey on QVC! 

Wen Winter Red Current is finally back in stock at QVC...sort of.

As of today, the Winter Red Current styling aids are only available on waitlist. The Winter Red Currant oil is not available even on waitlist, unless I want to buy it as part of a three piece kit. The Winter Red Currant 32oz cleansing conditioner is not available, not even on waitlist. 

I have to wonder why QVC couldn't anticipate the demand for Wen Winter formulas from loyal Wen users.

Fooey!

Respected Contributor

I don't know if the problem is with the Q or not, but I know in past years both the Q and Chaz have gotten "stuck" with significant amounts of excess inventory of some products after their "season" is over, and continuing to hold onto those products and waiting nine months to sell them again is costly.  Some of the seasonals have been in the "love them or hate them" category, like FAS or WCM, that's why we saw those products offered on special sales for brief periods, excess inventory was getting sold off.   With new seasonals, nobody can accurately predict how popular they will be, so it's hard to decide how much to produce.   Chaz may just plain have run out of WRC, and be unable to fulfill any more QVC orders, especially considering how much might be needed for the A/D orders.  The popularity of WRC means it's likely that there will be more of that formula made next year, but sadly, that doesn't help anyone this year, I know, and I am sorry for your frustration.  I hope you have other favorites you can use, and that next year you can stock up on WRC so you don't run out.  No matter how much any of us may love any particular formula, QVC and Chaz both have to make business decisions that keep them profitable, or else go out of business, and I know none of us want that.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello @CamilleP. While you make excellent comments on general business practices, I don't think production of adequate volume has been an issue. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe all the Winter products have been available as of Dec 1st, without gaps, from ChazDean.com.

But many Winter items sold out quickly on QVC. There was a long wait. And when they came back in stock their availability dropped significantly again in less than a week.

And we're halfway through the 3 month season.

So I believe this small-batch availability is a choice being made by QVC, and it mirrors the limited on-air time QVC's given Chaz recently.

But fooey on me if I'm reading something into it that isn't really there.

Respected Contributor

Re: Winter 32oz. back!

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

Hello @CamilleP. While you make excellent comments on general business practices, I don't think production of adequate volume has been an issue. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe all the Winter products have been available as of Dec 1st, without gaps, from ChazDean.com.

But many Winter items sold out quickly on QVC. There was a long wait. And when they came back in stock their availability dropped significantly again in less than a week.

And we're halfway through the 3 month season.

So I believe this small-batch availability is a choice being made by QVC, and it mirrors the limited on-air time QVC's given Chaz recently.

But fooey on me if I'm reading something into it that isn't really there.

You may be right @x Hedge.  A new seasonal is generally available for more than a couple of weeks, or else it is restocked (for more than a few days or week) if it sells out.  Perhaps it will still be restocked again this month and then once gone the season will be done.

I have to say, I'm also surprised that there is no 16oz available.

Respected Contributor

You may be right, Hedge, it probably is a concious choice by the Q.  I think the Q is running on much tighter margins these days, and trying hard to take as few risks as possible.  Perhaps some of the higher-ups in management are freaking out about the current controversy, and shying away.  Bad choice on their part, they are losing sales, and perhaps they need to hear about it.