WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: What's your remoist experience like?

[ Edited ]

@yisbuff2 wrote:

I haven't tried this yet, so I'm glad to know your experience @World Traveler! I'm someone who tends to think if some is good then more is better. When I finally get around to it I will be a little careful not to do too much because I think that first real hit of total hydration may give me a drowned rat aesthetic. Haha.

Oh, that's funny! But, you're right. I just over did it. Last night I went thru the ritual again and did with less. Way better this morning than last week. Live and learn! ha!

Honored Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

I do remoist 1-2x wkly and have done since 2012. I've never used WEN without it so I wouldn't know the difference, but I love my remoist. I can definitely tell if I skip it and my hair really wants that moisturzation. I try to fit in overnights but sometimes forget to take advantage of a night Icould do it. I will occasionally put a dab on stressed ends at bed time when it seems dry in the house, but I really didn't like it as a leave in. Too heavy. My hair loves remoist though. It is funny when you don't know what's going on and feel uncomfortable until you find out it's a good thing, @World Traveler. I'm glad it all worked out well!

YUP! Totally different experience this morning than last week after doing it with less product last night. This stuff is awesome!

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

I use the remoist about once a week (or two). When I use the remoist, I also do an overnight scalp treatment. First I put the oil on my scalp, and then I remoist the rest of my hair. Chaz say to apply it to wet hair but I apply it to my dry hair. My hair is shorter and I don't have a lot, so I don't use that much Remoist. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

I think I overdid it the first time and put too much on. Going to do less next time and see what happens. 

@World Traveler I was thinking of mentioning that, but then I forgot. 

I developed my Wen rituals before I really started incorporating Chaz's advice on Wen into my routine. -- I've tried most of of Chaz's suggested changes and most of them work better, but I've kept a few of my twists on the Wen routine that seem to work better (or just the same) for my hair. 

I have thin/baby fine, porous hair. I didn't realize how porous it was until the FIG CC started slowly "leaking" out of my hair shaft (probably because the cuticles weren't completely shut). From what I remember, within about half a day, the whole length of my hair would start to get greasy (Sweet Almond Mint - SAM CC has the same effect on my hair, but now one else seems to find that SAM weighs their hair down). 

At first I I couldn't figure out why FIG CC was having this effect on my hair but I looked through the ingredients deck and realized that the high percentage of glycerin in it was probably the culprit. 

I was using the (almost ) 100% Ojon Oil Restorative Hair Treatment as my only overnight hair treatment at the time. I figured that if it was making my hair really greasy, then probably my hair shaft had absorbed about as much Ojon oil as it could take. So I started using less and I got better results. I realized that when I super saturated my hair with Ojon that a bit of excess Ojon would "leak" out of my hair for the next few days.

So these days, regardless of whether I'm using the Wen Remoist or the Ojon, I just apply a thin coat of treatment. This way my hair doesn't "leak" oil, and I save money at the same time. 

This is what works well for my thin/fine/porous hair. If you have a different hair type and can also use the Remoist in between cleansings  (which is something my hair can't take) then different Wen Remoist rules may apply. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Thanks for your ALWAYS good insight and advice. My experience last night had much better results this morning. Hydration without feeling weighed down, and as another person commented, I didn't feel like a drowned rat!

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

I only use remoist after a salon visit--so only once a month at most. My stylist uses Paul Mitchell products, so when I get home I do a cleanse (that's the only time I cleanse in the evening, thus another reason I don't use remoist much), then wrap my hair just long enough to get out of the shower and dry off. I found that my hair didn't dry before bedtime if I apply the remoist to soaking wet hair. I use just enough to coat my hair really well, then comb it thru.

Oh, that's the other thing. I'm so used to hearing him say to apply whatever product he is talking about to soaking wet hair. And that is what I did! Totally screwed up my first experience with the product. Am pleased with the results I got this morning after putting it on last night with less product and NOT soaking wet hair, just wet. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler Chaz has said to apply remoist to soaking wet hair---I'd have to use it about 5 hours before bedtime for that to work! I found that my results were just as good on "very" wet, as opposed to "dripping" wet hair. And this way my hair gets dry enough before bed that I don't have to wear anything on it. I tried that once, and just couldn't sleep with that thing on my head!

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

I only use remoist after a salon visit--so only once a month at most. My stylist uses Paul Mitchell products, so when I get home I do a cleanse (that's the only time I cleanse in the evening, thus another reason I don't use remoist much), then wrap my hair just long enough to get out of the shower and dry off. I found that my hair didn't dry before bedtime if I apply the remoist to soaking wet hair. I use just enough to coat my hair really well, then comb it thru.

I have thick, chin-length hair and sometimes I'll turn the ceiling fan on and sit under it for a half-hour or so to get my hair fairly dry by bedtime.

In the morning I rinse it out--lovely, clean, shiny, conditioned hair!

@vermint , lol, what we're willing to do to keep a good styling. Smiley Wink

TGFW*

-- bebe Smiley Happy

* TGFW -- Thank God for Wen (and Chaz too!!) Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:
Thanks for your ALWAYS good insight and advice. My experience last night had much better results this morning. Hydration without feeling weighed down, and as another person commented, I didn't feel like a drowned rat!

__

@yisbuff2 wrote:

I haven't tried this yet, so I'm glad to know your experience @World Traveler! I'm someone who tends to think if some is good then more is better. When I finally get around to it I will be a little careful not to do too much because I think that first real hit of total hydration may give me a drowned rat aesthetic. Haha.

__

@World Traveler thank you so much for your kind words. Smiley Happy I'm so glad that you got even better results this time. Chaz's Remoist is great!! 

And thanks for sharing @yisbuff2 's very funny "drowned rat" quote. It was too funny and right on point!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy  Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - New Wen products & special values - Wen Quick Links Wen News - periscope - QVC WEN forum - September Chat 2015 -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -- wen 9/18 - 9/22 shows & hits per Dooters 

Respected Contributor

@bebe777

@bebe777 wrote:

@vermint wrote:

I have thick, chin-length hair and sometimes I'll turn the ceiling fan on and sit under it for a half-hour or so to get my hair fairly dry by bedtime.

In the morning I rinse it out--lovely, clean, shiny, conditioned hair!

@vermint , lol, what we're willing to do to keep a good styling. Smiley Wink

TGFW*

-- bebe Smiley Happy

* TGFW -- Thank God for Wen (and Chaz too!!) Smiley Happy

Amen to that bebe! Not only is my stylist wonderful, her salon is next door to my office...there's lots to be said for convenience!

Respected Contributor

I always go to bed with remoist on and let it dry overnight, I just put a terrycloth hand towel on my pillow to absorb the extra moisture.  If I remoist overnight and don't have to go anywhere special the next day, like if I'm just taking my dog for a long hike, I'll just leave it in and let it dry, then rinse and cleanse as usual that night, or else do scalp oil that night for a few hours, then cleanse it all out before bed.  That's what works best for me, anyway.  I'm glad you are liking the results of Remoist, it's really good stuff!

Valued Contributor

I did an overnight remoist last night with an oil treatment on my scalp before I put on the remoist.  My hair feels luscious today!  I really need to remember to keep up on this on a regular basis!