WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: What is your holy grail WEN formulation?

@Mirage08 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Mirage08 wrote:

@jazzbabe wrote:

@Mirage08 wrote:

Just one! LOL! I love TT and Fig equally but dare I say that recenly Fig has been pulling ahead as my number one. For seasonals, FAS hands down. I mixed TT and FAS for both cleanses and hot digity! I loved the results. I'm going to try Fig and FAS next and see how the play together. BGT is also sneaking in as another fav. If I ever caved and got a gallon it would probably be in BGT.

@Mirage08, I always use TT as my first cleanse, concentrating on my scalp. For my 2nd one  I alternate between Fig, BGT and SHP.  Since I just read that girls with curls like FAS I am thinking of digging out the one I have in my stash  and adding it to my fall rotation.  

@jazzbabe TT and FAS are FANTASTIC together! I used them together for both cleanses a couple of weeks ago and I loved the results. I used Fig and FAS togther my last wash and it was good but not earth shattering for me like TT and FAS lol. 

@Mirage08 Tea Tree (TT) was my go to first cleanse for a very long time, and I love Fall Apple Spice (FAS)... though not everyone can get past it's lovely (but strong) scent. 

I was wondering if you thought that the TT and FAS scents cancelled each other out to create a more neutral scent... that might make the combination more less scent-itive to some Wenners?

-- bebe Smiley Wink  Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - New Wen products & special values - Wen Quick Links Wen News - periscope - QVC WEN forum - October Chat 2015 -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -- 10/16 - 10/20 wen shows & hits per Dooters -

@bebe777 I can't say if TT created a more neutral scent or cancelled each other out. Wasn't really paying attention. I'd have to use the combo again and see. I love the FAS smell. So I want to smell it HA!

@Mirage08 lol, you and me both. But if we can find a way to sway enough of the naysayers then maybe FAS won't be put back in the WEn Vault. Unlikely, but it's worth a try. Smiley Happy

-- bebe, one of the growing number of Founding FAS Fan Club members Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@Mirage08 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Mirage08 wrote:

@jazzbabe wrote:

@Mirage08 wrote:

Just one! LOL! I love TT and Fig equally but dare I say that recenly Fig has been pulling ahead as my number one. For seasonals, FAS hands down. I mixed TT and FAS for both cleanses and hot digity! I loved the results. I'm going to try Fig and FAS next and see how the play together. BGT is also sneaking in as another fav. If I ever caved and got a gallon it would probably be in BGT.

@Mirage08, I always use TT as my first cleanse, concentrating on my scalp. For my 2nd one  I alternate between Fig, BGT and SHP.  Since I just read that girls with curls like FAS I am thinking of digging out the one I have in my stash  and adding it to my fall rotation.  

@jazzbabe TT and FAS are FANTASTIC together! I used them together for both cleanses a couple of weeks ago and I loved the results. I used Fig and FAS togther my last wash and it was good but not earth shattering for me like TT and FAS lol. 

@Mirage08 Tea Tree (TT) was my go to first cleanse for a very long time, and I love Fall Apple Spice (FAS)... though not everyone can get past it's lovely (but strong) scent. 

I was wondering if you thought that the TT and FAS scents cancelled each other out to create a more neutral scent... that might make the combination more less scent-itive to some Wenners?

-- bebe Smiley Wink  Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - New Wen products & special values - Wen Quick Links Wen News - periscope - QVC WEN forum - October Chat 2015 -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -- 10/16 - 10/20 wen shows & hits per Dooters -

@bebe777 I can't say if TT created a more neutral scent or cancelled each other out. Wasn't really paying attention. I'd have to use the combo again and see. I love the FAS smell. So I want to smell it HA!

@Mirage08 lol, you and me both. But if we can find a way to sway enough of the naysayers then maybe FAS won't be put back in the WEn Vault. Unlikely, but it's worth a try. Smiley Happy

-- bebe, one of the growing number of Founding FAS Fan Club members Smiley Wink

@bebe777 it's a possibilty lol!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is probably just me, but if I have to combine one item with something else to make it smell better, then I would prefer not to use it at all. I go for something that smells good all on its own. I know that each of CD's smells are made up of many ingredients to get the specific smell I like, but I don't have to mix two or more of his products to be happy with it.

Now if you just want to mix two or more of his products to create an all new experience, then I can go for that. Smiley Happy

Kind of reminds me of friends I have who drink coffee, but don't care for it unless they add sugar, milk/cream, etc. ha! They sit there stirring in a little milk, then add a little sugar, then add a little milk again, etc. By the time they finish and get it just right, the drink is cold! ha! So fun to watch them.

Guess I'm just lazy and want to open the WEN bottle and love it all on its own. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

This is probably just me, but if I have to combine one item with something else to make it smell better, then I would prefer not to use it at all. I go for something that smells good all on its own. I know that each of CD's smells are made up of many ingredients to get the specific smell I like, but I don't have to mix two or more of his products to be happy with it.

Now if you just want to mix two or more of his products to create an all new experience, then I can go for that. Smiley Happy

Kind of reminds me of friends I have who drink coffee, but don't care for it unless they add sugar, milk/cream, etc. ha! They sit there stirring in a little milk, then add a little sugar, then addi a ittle milk again, etc. By the time they finish and get it just right, the drink is cold! ha! So fun to watch them.

Guess I'm just lazy and want to open the WEN bottle and love it all on its own. Smiley Happy

@World Traveler I understand and agree with you about that. However, for example, the December TSVs are a great value (priced at $80 for the last few years) and have come with (5) different 16oz CCs. That comes out to $16 per bottle for CCs that QVC sells for $29-36. So I always buy them and do what I can with the CCs that I don't like as much. 

I like experimenting with mixing CCs that I like to create new scents, but I also try to mix the scents of the ones that aren't as appealing to see if I can come up with a better mixed scent option. 

While I don't know what the upcoming December TSV or TSV options will be, last year there was a Classic option and a Seasonal option. 

The Classic option included: Sweet Almond Mint (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), either Lavender (LAV) or Pomegranate (POM), and Bamboo Green Tea (BGT, which isn't actually a Classic scent). 

The Seasonal option included Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP), Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM), Summer Mango Coconut (SMC), Spring Orange Blossom (SOB), and Summer Honey Peach (SHP). 

So if you liked at least three of the CCs then these TSVs were great bargains. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

Kind of reminds me of friends I have who drink coffee, but don't care for it unless they add sugar, milk/cream, etc. ha! They sit there stirring in a little milk, then add a little sugar, then addi a ittle milk again, etc. By the time they finish and get it just right, the drink is cold! ha! So fun to watch them.

@World Traveler I understand and agree with you about that. However, for example, the December TSVs are a great value (priced at $80 for the last few years) and have come with (5) different 16oz CCs. That comes out to $16 per bottle for CCs that QVC sells for $29-36. So I always buy them and do what I can with the CCs that I don't like as much. 

I like experimenting with mixing CCs that I like to create new scents, but I also try to mix the scents of the ones that aren't as appealing to see if I can come up with a better mixed scent option. 

While I don't know what the upcoming December TSV or TSV options will be, last year there was a Classic option and a Seasonal option. 

The Classic option included: Sweet Almond Mint (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), either Lavender (LAV) or Pomegranate (POM), and Bamboo Green Tea (BGT, which isn't actually a Classic scent). 

The Seasonal option included Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP), Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM), Summer Mango Coconut (SMC), Spring Orange Blossom (SOB), and Summer Honey Peach (SHP). 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777Oh, yes, definitely a great deal and I hope he does that again this December.

When I got the trio (in August?) that had the cranberry, apple spice, and gardenia green tea, I didn't care for any of them, so I just gave them away to my friends. It was a good deal money-wise to purchase them and try them, and a very good deal for my friends! ha! Surprised I didn't like the gardenia, because I sure like them in the garden!

So here's hoping he does a fantastic deal like that this winter, 'cuz I can see that I will be buying it!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777Oh, yes, definitely a great deal and I hope he does that again this December.

When I got the trio (in August?) that had the cranberry, apple spice, and gardenia green tea, I didn't care for any of them, so I just gave them away to my friends. It was a good deal money-wise to purchase them and try them, and a very good deal for my friends! ha! Surprised I didn't like the gardenia, because I sure like them in the garden!

So here's hoping he does a fantastic deal like that this winter, 'cuz I can see that I will be buying it!

@World Traveler I loved the gardenia (SGGT) bu t some folks didn't feel the scent was strong enough. I'll be sad when it's retired. 

You can read what everyone else says about the scents but, in the end, I think trying a broad range is the best way to figure out what works best for each person. 

btw, it sounds as though you didn't like the scents. How did they work for your hair in terms of performance? I know that you've tried some of the other Seasonals and it sounds as though they work well for your hair.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@World Traveler I loved the gardenia (SGGT) bu t some folks didn't feel the scent was strong enough. I'll be sad when it's retired. 

You can read what everyone else says about the scents but, in the end, I think trying a broad range is the best way to figure out what works best for each person. 

btw, it sounds as though you didn't like the scents. How did they work for your hair in terms of performance? I know that you've tried some of the other Seasonals and it sounds as though they work well for your hair.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 How did they work? I opened each one up and instantly disliked the smell of the apple spice and the cranberry. I tried both of them once, because I find that on me the smells either increase once mixed with water or diminish. In both cases I couldn't handle the smell with the water added and didn't want to try again. They very well may have worked just fine as a cleanser/conditioner with my type of hair, but I didn't want to deal with the smell when I already had some really great cleansers from him that I enjoyed.

As to the gardenia, which I thought I would love, I found the same as you said others said.....not strong enough for me in terms of smell. So since I already had quite a stash going with products I loved, I included it with the other two when I gave them away.

But knowing me, I am sure I will get the winter set you think he might repeat and anything else that comes out. I love to add to my variety of WEN. 

Interestingly, I wasn't that impressed at first with the tuscan pear I got, but now it is growing on me. The smell when I first opened it wasn't strong and I thought it would be one that I wouldn't use much. But once I added water and got it frothy, it became much better for me. So that's a keeper!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 How did they work? I opened each one up and instantly disliked the smell of the apple spice and the cranberry. I tried both of them once, because I find that on me the smells either increase once mixed with water or diminish. In both cases I couldn't handle the smell with the water added and didn't want to try again. They very well may have worked just fine as a cleanser/conditioner with my type of hair, but I didn't want to deal with the smell when I already had some really great cleansers from him that I enjoyed.

As to the gardenia, which I thought I would love, I found the same as you said others said.....not strong enough for me in terms of smell. So since I already had quite a stash going with products I loved, I included it with the other two when I gave them away.

But knowing me, I am sure I will get the winter set you think he might repeat and anything else that comes out. I love to add to my variety of WEN. 

Interestingly, I wasn't that impressed at first with the tuscan pear I got, but now it is growing on me. The smell when I first opened it wasn't strong and I thought it would be one that I wouldn't use much. But once I added water and got it frothy, it became much better for me. So that's a keeper!

@World Traveler I've tried all of the Seasonals except for Fall Tuscan Pear (FTP, which is on it's way to me), Winter White Citrus (WWC) and Spring Honey Lilac (SHL). 

I have baby fine, extremely porous hair. 

All of the Seasonals that I've tried as well as the other amino acid complex formulas -- 613, Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) and Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) -- all work really well on my hair (I haven't tried Wen Men yet which also has the amino acid complex). 

Some Wenners find that certain Seasonals work better for their hair but I think that because my hair is so very fragile that it just drinks up the amino acid complex for lunch and says thank you, Chaz. Smiley Wink

I'm also lucky that that my isn't super sensitive to some of the scents, so I'm happy to use all of the Seasonals (including Winter Vanilla Mint... though having an Andes mint in my hair doesn't fill me with holiday glee). 

-- bebe Smiley Happy  Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - New Wen products & special values - Wen Quick Links Wen News - periscope - QVC WEN forum - October Chat 2015 -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -- 10/16 - 10/20 wen shows & hits per Dooters -

Honored Contributor

Wen kids. If all I had was Wen kids I'd be fine. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Since curly girls are singing the praises of FAS, I have decided to swipe the last of the bottle from hubby. I gave it to him because he liked the scent and I hated it. I will try it in the morning with TT, I want to see how well it performs on my curls. My second cleanse and leave in will have to be FTP just to get rid of the FAS scent. 

#IAmTeamWen