WEN

Frequent Contributor

What is your holy grail WEN formulation?

On these boards I've learned that most of you mix your WEN formulations to achieved a desired effect but most of you have that one formulation that is THE ONE you can't live without. I've got bottles of FTP (love - something about that honey complex is fab), 613, TT, POM, SCLV, MIF, and BGT. They all work but there is just something about BGT that just works beautifully every time. So, what is your holy grail of WEN? And to find out did you use the same one for both cleanses? (Just trying to learn the WEN thing and there IS a learning curve.)

Respected Contributor

Re: What is your holy grail WEN formulation?

I've tried all the formulations, except for cucumber aloe. I find that they all work about the same, so I choose based on scent. I use mostly all seasonals plus Wen Men, Tea Tree, 613, MIF, BGT and Lavender. Pom is too fruity, Fig makes me nauseous to smell (fig and Fas are the worst in terms of scent) and Sam is okay, but there are too many others that I love.

I will mix Tea Tree and 613, because both are too much to use alone. I generally use the same formula for both cleanses.
Respected Contributor

Bamboo Green Tea works best on me (shame that yesterday, the pump sprung apart! Now, I have to struggle to pour the stuff out of the bottle. Very annoying.)

The 2nd best is Tea Tree. 

Valued Contributor

I have 2 holy grail formulas - 613 and FAS.  I mix the 613 with any CC I am using, and it just takes it to another level - it is amazing!  And the FAS just does something special to my hair - also amazing!  I have curly hair, and I heard Chaz say that curly haired girls love FAS, and that's true in my case!!

Valued Contributor

I have two. MIF and FTP. 

Others that have flaws (for me)....FAS, great performance but my BF has made unfavorable comments about the smell, SHL, my favorite for scent,  but performance, not so much.

MIF and FTP both have it ALL.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I could only have ONE formula it would probably be Pomegranate...that seems to be my best all-around for scent + performance. However, my hair seems to thrive on variety...I mix a core, a seasonal and Tea Tree with every cleanse. When a bottle is empty, it's replaced with a different formula...TT is the only constant.

When I try a new formula, I often use it alone for one or two cleanses, just to see how it works on its own.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GoochiePooDoo great question!!! Smiley Happy 

Mandarin Italain Fig (MIF) works best for me (using it for both cleanses). It gives me hair the most bounce. It also gives my hair unrivalled mosture without weighing down my baby fine, porous hair. 

If I haven't kept up with my overnight remoist treatments, then one first & second cleanse with 613 snaps my hair right back into shape. it's pretty awesome how quickly it works!! 

__

I started using Wen when I purchased the December 2009 Wen TSV. Pre-wen, my hair would turn into an oil slick inside of 18 hours. This allowed me to go 2-3 days between cleanses. While all of the CCs will help normalize your scalp's oil production, the TT CC kicks it up a notch because tea tree oil helps keep your scalp healthy (it's an anti bacterial and an anti fungal).

After a few years of using my "go to" TT for my first cleanse, I started doing overnight 95% jojoba oil / 5% tea tree oil -- don't use more tea tree oil than that because it can irritate your skin. After a while I noticed that I could now go 3-4 days between cleanses. About a year and a half ago I took TT CC out of my regular rotation and I found that the overnight scalp treatments are all that I need to keep my oily scalp at bay. 

I think the TT CC is a great place for new Wenners to start. It's a "universal" CC (along with SAM and POM) in that it works well for most people's hair. The TT scent is a bit medicinal but, once Wenners start seeing the great hair results, people get over it pretty quickly. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy  Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - New Wen products & special values - Wen Quick Links Wen News - periscope - QVC WEN forum - September Chat 2015 -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -- wen 9/18 - 9/22 shows & hits per Dooters 

Honored Contributor

Fig for the cleansing conditioner, Sweet Almond Mint for everything else.

Trusted Contributor

I use TT for my first cleanse almost every time. I need it for my scalp and I can't see ever giving it up. I've been rotating the seasonals for my second cleanse this year. I get the best performance from WWC in winter and a combination of SOB & SHL in spring. In summer it's more difficult because it's so hot and humid here that my oily hair can't take as much moisture. Mixing SHP with BGT seemed to work well. I'm trying FTP now for the first time and I love the scent. It's still pretty hot here and I'm still trying to find the sweet spot with FTP--next time will try a little less SC & oil with my leave-in.

Trusted Contributor

I've said it over and over again, Tea Tree, Tea Tree, TEA TREE!!  I could very easily use it as my only CC and be perfectly happy. 

I'm not much of a mixer, I'm getting wild and crazy if I use TT on my scalp and SAM on the length of my hair 😄 I use TT for my first cleanse the majority of the time, and fairly often for my second. In the summer, I incorporate CA more for my first cleanse (especially after an oil treatment), and in the winter, I use SAM more often. Lavender is another of my staples. 

My second favorite CC is FAS, I get amazing results every time I use it. I'll do TT as my first cleanse, then my second cleanse is TT on my scalp and FAS on the length of my hair. Leave in is either all FAS or a mix of the two. Best hair ever😍😍