WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: What does Red Currant smell like? I love that we know the new seasonal scents this far in advanc

@bebe777 wrote:

@danabanayna, I moved up the Wen - Winter Cranberry MInt - how does it work for you? -- CC, RTM & Oil thread, which has reviews for the older Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM) scent. -- While this upcoming new winter cranberry scent will obviously be different, I thought you might like to read through these reviews. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 the new winter seasonal is called Winter Red Currant.  Smiley Happy

live....laugh....love
Trusted Contributor

Re: What does Red Currant smell like? I love that we know the new seasonal scents this far in advanc

@Denise from Canada wrote:

I posted this before when the video of Chaz spilling the beans about the new scents came out.  He said his inspiration for the red current came from his trip to morocco and from the red currant candle from Votivo, he loves that candle.  He also described the  winter scent as SEXY.   So I do not expect some tart  friut like scent, it's going to be candle or perfume type take on the scent.  

I will say that the Votivo red current seems to be very very popular and has a huge following so the scent must be very nice, especially for the price of those candles.  Thought about ordering one as I do enjoy a nice candle and was curious over what this red currant candle that Chaz likes so much might smell like, since its some what the inspiration for the new winter scent, but the candles are pricey, so will have to wait for the wen version to come out and see. Smiley Happy

@Denise from Canada I cannot wait for the new winter seasonal. When I smelled it at the salon months ago I immediately knew the scent as I am a long time fan of the Votivo Red Currant candle.  When Chaz spilled the beans about the new winter and spring seasonal on FB live I remember people asking about the scent...I'm horrible at descriptions......but to me its a warm and almost earthy scent...not fruity, not floral and not musky either.........it's just fabulous! and yes it is a "sexy" scent...perfect for men and women Smiley Happy 

live....laugh....love
Super Contributor

@bruingirl, I looked up several reviews of the red currant Votivo candle and it sounds great, and I am glad you had a chance to smell it first hand, I for one am excited for this, was not a fan of the cranberry mint, the red currant sounds like something I will enjoy! 😃
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh-Oh! The smell of leaves! I forgot about completely! They are spice-like fragrant!

I can't say that for sure about the Red Currant - can't recall, but the Black Currant has distictive smelling leaves!

Black Currant leaves are often used as spice in food preparing, and in pickling of tomatos and cucumbers.

Maybe a new CC will have a touch of that spice too?

Ribes rubrum 1.jpg

8520317-macro-of-red-and-black-currant-bunches-and-leaves-isolated-on ...

Respected Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

Thanks for the great info & gorgeous pics @sonechko  HeartHeartHeart

Now I want it even more Woman Surprised

I think I even figured out the quickest way to get it, just now while I was doing the dishes I was thinking, maybe Chaz will have it available during the Black Friday Sale on His site Smiley Very HappySmiley Embarassed

With the discount & no tax & free S&H it ends up being a couple bucks cheaper than QVC

@FleaMktQn I love that you think of Wen doing dishes!!...We can be driving down the road and Wen things pop out of my mouth, my Hubby said, (sadly I  knows the answers now)...LOL

@sonechko...I hope the pics you posted are what the bottle label looks like!!  beautiful..

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @quadmimi!  The Red Currant bushes in nature are truly beautiful! As well as their translucent red berries. Chaz' labels are usually are more of artist's take on things, and though pictures are taken by him from from a real thing, they come out as more of an abstract and artful play of color, light and shadow. I love all his labels!

Respected Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

@Denise from Canada wrote:

I posted this before when the video of Chaz spilling the beans about the new scents came out.  He said his inspiration for the red current came from his trip to morocco and from the red currant candle from Votivo, he loves that candle.  He also described the  winter scent as SEXY.   So I do not expect some tart  friut like scent, it's going to be candle or perfume type take on the scent.  

I will say that the Votivo red current seems to be very very popular and has a huge following so the scent must be very nice, especially for the price of those candles.  Thought about ordering one as I do enjoy a nice candle and was curious over what this red currant candle that Chaz likes so much might smell like, since its some what the inspiration for the new winter scent, but the candles are pricey, so will have to wait for the wen version to come out and see. Smiley Happy

Awww, I was hoping for fruit over perfume....Woman Sad

Me too. I'd much rather have a fruit scent.

Frequent Contributor

@nikki48 Yes I can picture this too haha. Well because I totally did something similar when I heard about Spring Cherry Blossom. My cousin has a different brand of that scent and I was smelling all of those products and thinking well if this is good Chaz's will be amazing!! <3

@sonechko I love all of Chaz's artwork! There are a few I would ike to have small framed versions of that I could hang up. Or, maybe even a calendar with many of the different ones!! <3