WEN

Contributor

What does Red Currant smell like? I love that we know the new seasonal scents this far in advance!

Trusted Contributor

Re: What does Red Currant smell like? I love that we know the new seasonal scents this far in advanc

[ Edited ]

I picture it as a slightly tart scent, but with a bit of sweetness, crisp and fresh. Thats what has me interested because I dont care for overly sweet scents. It will be fun getting the new scents automatically.

LOL! I just pictured random Wen girls out buying and smelling currants.

#IAmTeamWen
Honored Contributor

Re: What does Red Currant smell like? I love that we know the new seasonal scents this far in advanc

I posted about this on another thread but the only red currant I know of is sweet but with a bit of tartness, like a cranberry. But it is less tart and more sweet than a cranberry is. It has a very light scent- what I described is more  about the taste than the scent. However, I don't know if it is the same "red currant" Chaz uses.

Super Contributor

I posted this before when the video of Chaz spilling the beans about the new scents came out.  He said his inspiration for the red current came from his trip to morocco and from the red currant candle from Votivo, he loves that candle.  He also described the  winter scent as SEXY.   So I do not expect some tart  friut like scent, it's going to be candle or perfume type take on the scent.  

I will say that the Votivo red current seems to be very very popular and has a huge following so the scent must be very nice, especially for the price of those candles.  Thought about ordering one as I do enjoy a nice candle and was curious over what this red currant candle that Chaz likes so much might smell like, since its some what the inspiration for the new winter scent, but the candles are pricey, so will have to wait for the wen version to come out and see. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@danabanayna, I moved up the Wen - Winter Cranberry MInt - how does it work for you? -- CC, RTM & Oil thread, which has reviews for the older Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM) scent. -- While this upcoming new winter cranberry scent will obviously be different, I thought you might like to read through these reviews. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Denise from Canada wrote:

I posted this before when the video of Chaz spilling the beans about the new scents came out.  He said his inspiration for the red current came from his trip to morocco and from the red currant candle from Votivo, he loves that candle.  He also described the  winter scent as SEXY.   So I do not expect some tart  friut like scent, it's going to be candle or perfume type take on the scent.  

I will say that the Votivo red current seems to be very very popular and has a huge following so the scent must be very nice, especially for the price of those candles.  Thought about ordering one as I do enjoy a nice candle and was curious over what this red currant candle that Chaz likes so much might smell like, since its some what the inspiration for the new winter scent, but the candles are pricey, so will have to wait for the wen version to come out and see. Smiley Happy

@Denise from Canada Thanks for that info! I like the sound of sexy scent rather than a fruity scent! I am going to try to find this candle and sniff it. 

Trusted Contributor

Awww, I was hoping for fruit over perfume....Woman Sad

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

Awww, I was hoping for fruit over perfume....Woman Sad

Same here.  Plus I'm not sure what a "sexy" red current scent would be like?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ribes rubrum 1.jpg

Red currants are a member of the genus Ribes, which belong to the family of Grossulariceae, and grows in the north temperate region. It is native to the region of Europe, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. It is a deciduous shrub which produces edible bright red berries.

Picture of Red Currant

I remember very well the Red Currants growing up in Ukraine. They were much less common than Black Currant bushes, that grew there abundantly.

Even now, years and years later, I do remember well, the taste and smell of Black Currants - they had very distinctive smell, and were known to be full of good and healing nutrients.

The Red Currants, I can't remember the smell at all.

@HappyDaze is right - It has a very light scent, it's more  about the taste than the scent.

Smell aside, for me, it was definitely more about the look of this translucent berry, it's texture, juiciness and it's special taste, than about it's fragrance!

The taste I remember was a touch sour,  but still sweet and only a little bit tart, unlike Black Currants, that can be quite tart.

The nutritional value placed on Red Currant was considered to be even higher, than it's black cousin.

My memory of THESE Red Currant Berries was - they were very special, tender, translucent and rare treats, very pleasant to eat and even more so - to look at!

They were like sweet, colorful and juicy Droplets of Summer, looking so magical, just beautiful on that bush!

Very Special - that's the word I was looking for! Woman Happy

If texture and feel of Chaz Dean's new CC will be ANYTHING like this special berry - I am already super excited to try it! Yay!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the great info & gorgeous pics @sonechko  HeartHeartHeart

Now I want it even more Woman Surprised

I think I even figured out the quickest way to get it, just now while I was doing the dishes I was thinking, maybe Chaz will have it available during the Black Friday Sale on His site Smiley Very HappySmiley Embarassed

With the discount & no tax & free S&H it ends up being a couple bucks cheaper than QVC