WEN

Super Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@cac140 wrote:

I think we've all done this from time to time.  I know I have.  I will be the first to admit I use a sulfate free shampoo every third wash or so and use the WEN as my second cleanse.  My hair just does better when I do this.  But that is as far as I will go.  If I try to use a regular shampoo and conditioner my hair looks so much worse than when I use the WEN.  Sometimes us women just love to play with products and end up learning valuable lessons along the way.  The big one is I'm never going to stop using WEN!

@cac140,  I stopped "playing" with "other" hair products right after I found me WEN!

Still along the way, i bought Isomers Shampoo/Conditioner/Treatment Trio on TTV, and the Skinn Hair Duo too. Skinn's I sent back, though it was not bad product at all, just WEN was so much better for me.

But Isomers Hair Kit I kept. Just in case. Well this case came about now - the water in my new place is HARD!  My WEN cleansings turn out bad hair, because of this water.

Yesterday I HAD to cleanse first with Isomers shampoo, second with WEN - not bad results! Until I figure out how to filter my water correctly, looks like it may be the way to go for me for now, if I have to.

I am so sorry about your water problem!  That is awful.  I really hope you get to the bottom of it soon and are able to resolve things.  I always prefer WEN as my first and second cleanse but I honestly did notice when I incorporate a different shampoo every third or fourth cleanse my hair looks better.  Nothing against WEN, it's just that this works for me.  Keep us posted on your water situation.  Good luck!!

Honored Contributor

Speaking of that "new" Poo system, condition first then wash.

Not the first copy cat, not the last.  Smiley Happy

Chaz knows imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@123lollo wrote:

Okay, it has been quite some time since I posted here, but I had to share my experience. I have been using Wen for the past four years, and I thought maybe I should try some of the new "milder" shampoos. I ordered a set of shampoo and conditioner that was touted as "so gentle, you may not need the conditioner." Dear lord! I forgot how awful shampoo feels in my hair; it was like a glob of wet straw! I managed to get the offending mess out of my hair and applied the "conditioner." My hair is not happy. Now I know why Chaz never shampoos his models anymore! Lesson learned...

I had my hair cut a couple of weeks ago as a last minute emergency and I didn't have my WEN with me.  When she was shampooing me, I felt the same way as you did, that she was rubbing straw on my head.  I wanted to die.

I literally came home, ran upstairs and poured oil on my head to undo what I had done.  Ugh.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@cac140 wrote:

I think we've all done this from time to time.  I know I have.  I will be the first to admit I use a sulfate free shampoo every third wash or so and use the WEN as my second cleanse.  My hair just does better when I do this.  But that is as far as I will go.  If I try to use a regular shampoo and conditioner my hair looks so much worse than when I use the WEN.  Sometimes us women just love to play with products and end up learning valuable lessons along the way.  The big one is I'm never going to stop using WEN!

@cac140,  I stopped "playing" with "other" hair products right after I found me WEN!

Still along the way, i bought Isomers Shampoo/Conditioner/Treatment Trio on TTV, and the Skinn Hair Duo too. Skinn's I sent back, though it was not bad product at all, just WEN was so much better for me.

But Isomers Hair Kit I kept. Just in case. Well this case came about now - the water in my new place is HARD!  My WEN cleansings turn out bad hair, because of this water.

Yesterday I HAD to cleanse first with Isomers shampoo, second with WEN - not bad results! Until I figure out how to filter my water correctly, looks like it may be the way to go for me for now, if I have to.

@sonechko. Our new Culligan filter is doing great..i can tell a huge difference.. we got it on  Amazon... I have had to do the shampoo thing at times before, but then my scalp couldnt take dryness.. but i still do the best with Wen kids on the scalp & other CC's for the rest.. 

I have got to try that WEN kids!  Hear good things about it all the time.