WEN

What WEN to prevent hair loss after abdominal surgery

I am WEN all the way and my hair never looked better. I use all the styling products and 613, Bamboo and Honey Peach cleansing conditioner. Any experience or hints on what to do to minimize my hair loss when I have surgery?
Honored Contributor

Re: What WEN to prevent hair loss after abdominal surgery

I just had surgery and used all my same wen -summer honey peach and SHL and experienced no hair loss. Is there a reason you expect to have hair loss from your surgery? You should be fine using your usual products. 

Honored Contributor

I have always had some hair loss after general anaesthesia

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ShorelineQs I'm not an expert, but you may want to try the oils. That can help keep your scalp healthy and maintain the hair you have now.

ETA: I hope your surgery is easy and you recover quickly.

Valued Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@ShorelineQs I'm not an expert, but you may want to try the oils. That can help keep your scalp healthy and maintain the hair you have now.

ETA: I hope your surgery is easy and you recover quickly.

@yisbuff2 - I agree - I've read that tea tree oil is particularly good for hair growth. @ShorelineQs, I hope your surgery goes well with little or no hair loss.   Best wishes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ShorelineQs

From my experience any 'hit' to your body can result in hair loss.  I think you are doing the right thing, starting out with a healthy scalp and hair and continuing on as you are seems to be a great way to go.

Best wishes with your surgery.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@ShorelineQs, first of all wishing you the very best results in your abdominal surgery and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. May your recovery find you in good health and may it be speedy! 🌼

I myself ended up having abdominal surgery on short notice about a month ago. I didn't have time to plan out want to use before my surgery, but prior to the surgery I had been doing weekly 6 13 treatment oil overnight on my scalp and hair. For my first cleanse was using TT CC. For my second cleanse was alternating 3/4 part SHP, SMC, or SCLV CC mixed with 1/4 part 6 13 CC. For my leave in CC I used whatever seasonal CC I used that I used in my second cleanse. The for SC I would use 6 13 or MIF. I use mousse and was using 6 13 or MIF. I have not had any issues with hair loss since my surgery (knock on wood). I also air dry my hair if that interests you.

After I finished the surgery I did change to, 1st cleanse TT CC, 2nd cleanse MIF CC (3/4 part) 6 13 CC (1/4 part), leave in MIF CC, SC 6 13, and mousse 6 13. Still continuing to air dry my hair. I have also continued my weekly oil treatment but switched to the SHP treatment oil.

To date I am not experiencing any hair loss and hope it remains that way. 🍀
I am not claiming this will be a regiment that will give you the same results, but it is what has worked for me to this point. So maybe you can look at what I used and tweak
your regiment to what best suits your hairs needs and products you use. I must say getting moisture in your hair before and after surgery. I sort of felt dehydrated and my skin was itchy. So I am going to suggest using whatever formulas of WEN are moisturizing for your hair, go with it! I hope my post gives you some ideas or just some food for thought. 😊

Best wishes @ShorelineQs! Please let us know how you are doing after you recoupe and are feeling up to it! 🙂

~ Nicole ❤️

Honored Contributor

Personally I don't believe any hair product can prevent your hair from falling out if you are under stress of any kind, including ageing. My hair loss stopped when I started taking a supplement to maintain healthy skin, hair and nails. If I was having surgery, I would take my supplement and continue to use the WEN products I love the most.