WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen - the wenderful Wen Comb :)

@WorldTraveler wrote:

@aprimo wrote:

Amazon has the WEN combs for $7.99 and Prime shipping is available. It's listed under "Chaz Dean wide-tooth comb". I bought my first WEN comb from Amazon and it is the real deal.

@aprimo Oh, boy! All sorts of good advice. Thanks!

@World Traveler! After on Q there were Kits with "free" combs on OTO here, the ebay should have plenty of combs offered at sweet prices with "free" shipping. I did not check myself right now, but I am sure this is the case, because of the timing.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler Oh boy! There are at least three multiple quantity listings below $6 with free shipping on ebay!

Go for it Ladies!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sonechko wrote:

@World Traveler Oh boy! There are at least three multiple quantity listings below $6 with free shipping on ebay!

Go for it Ladies!

@sonechko Just got two, $5.99/ea with no shipping charge, on EBay. $11.98 out the door! YAY!!!!! Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Oh, what a difference using the WEN comb makes!  I didn't believe it til I tried it.  I now have 2: 1 in my shower and one in a vanity drawer. My other combs all went in the trash can!   I, too, am going to get more!  I got both of them in kits.  I feel that was more economical than buying on its own.

Respected Contributor

I agree with all of you.  The Wen comb is definitely something that you must have if you use Wen.  

Trusted Contributor

I love my Wen comb, but a couple of them have broken while I was combing my hair. My hair is really thick, and I wasn't being as patient and careful as I should have been.Woman Frustrated

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

@bebe777 I love the comb too and so does my hubby. He actually kept stealing mine so I ended up getting him his own. It works really well for my hair which, as you may remember, tends to tangle for no reason, lol.  Not so much with SHP but when it did, that comb was like magic. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

I've been singing the praises of the Wenderful Comb!!!!! for the past few years, ever since I started using it. 

I wanted to give it another shout out now, just in case Chaz has a Black Friday sale at the end of November and offers free shipping on all orders... because that would be the ideal time for Wenners to purchase their very first Wen comb... lol, or maybe a few of them. Smiley Wink

I started using Wen in December 2009, but I had been regularly listening to Chaz's shows for probably 3-4 years before that. Periodically he would mention how special the saw cut Wen comb was, but it wasn't available on QVC and (with shipping) it was close to $30 on Chaz's site. It just seemed like too much money to pay for a comb... but I was really intrigued. Smiley Happy

I know that everyone says that they have the most difficult hair to work with but, based on what others have written it this forum, I really think that I probably have some of the most fragile and damaged baby fine hair to work with. Additionally, it's extremely porous: the Fig CC, in particular, literally leaks out of my hair shaft between cleanses. 

I don't do any chemical processing to my hair, and I always either air dry it or dry it with my portable fan. 

Using Wen CC has been a game changer for my hair. The Remoist and the Styling Creme both help to tame the frizz. But there's only just so much that Wen can do and so I still have frizz issues to deal with.

A few years ago, Chaz had a November Black Friday sale. I think that there was a 15-20% discount on products at his website, and there was free shipping on everything. Well,  I immediately ordered the Wen comb (for about $13 total, I think). 

Once I got the comb, I stopped using all of my other combs, including my very expensive Kent combs. -- I was sceptical, I mean it was just a comb after all. Was if going to do tricks or some kind of a light show? Smiley Wink

Every day I checked my hair in the mirror looking for Wen comb miracles. And every day I came away puzzled at what kind of a difference I was supposed to be seeing. This went on for about 4-5 months... but I was steadfast in my use of the Wen comb because Chaz is the man, and I knew he wouldn't steer me wrong. Smiley Happy

Then it happened!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  One morning, about 4-5 months in, I did my daily hair assessment in the mirror and wow!!!!!... it all made sense!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  By this point my new hair growth (5-8 inches) and about another 5-7 inches of slightly older hair growth, looked definitively better than the really old hair growth at the ends of my hair. The newer growth was significantly less frizzy that it had been in the past. I still had frizz in the newer section, but it was probably reduced by 35-40%!!! Smiley Happy

Over the next 8-9 months, as I cut off the oldest hair ends, I noticed an overall improvement in my hair quality (the frizz factor). From what Chaz has said, what happened was that Chaz's Wen saw cut comb doesn't rough up the hair cuticles the way that other combs do. And those roughed up cuticles are what creates frizz.

Since then, I always carry a Wen comb wherever I go. I have my four Wen combs strategically placed around my apartment: 

* my purse

* the bathroom 

* my bedroom 

* my travel toilettries bag

A few weeks ago, I went away for the weekend and somehow my Wen comb was not in my prepacked travel toiletries bag and my other Wen comb was not in my purse (how did I manage to do that???!). Well I needed to cleanse my hair that weekend and, lol, I actually went into a bit of a panic when I realized that I would have to use a non-Wen comb. I actually thought about not cleansing my hair but I had to because my hair was looking dirty. Well, my hair seems to have survived the abuse, but it strengthened my resolve to collect a few more Wen combs... maybe 9-12 would be enough. Smiley Wink

I just got my fourth Wen comb in Chaz's latest, greatest OTO of (3) 16oz. Seasonal CCs plus the wenderful Wen comb for around $68-9. -- This was an amazing OTO and I am hoping that he will repeat it again for the Seasonals in the other seasons. Because, while the CCs in these sets are a great price, well I want/need at least a few more Wen combs. Smiley Wink

So here's my take away on the Wen comb...  

At some point or other, probably each one of us has said:

"Why didn't I listen to Chaz the first time?"

lol, I know I've had that thought on a number of occasions. Smiley Wink

So get yourself a Wen comb or two... or maybe five... build up a collection. Smiley Wink

If Chaz has a Black Friday sale again at the end of November, then he might be offering free shipping on all orders. If he does, then this would be the ideal time to pick up the wenderful Wen comb... or combs. Smiley Wink

Your hair will thank you for it. Smiley Happy

-- bebe, with the wenderful Wen hair that's (almost) always Wen combed Smiley Wink

Right there with you, plus in the past month I've done some damage in the way I've treated it.  Gonna' have to work really hard to recover, but as I mentioned in another post, no regrets.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

This may sound like a dingy question but what do you do with the finer teeth side of the comb? 

Honored Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

This may sound like a dingy question but what do you do with the finer teeth side of the comb? 

@segrl21, welcome to the Wen forum and the wenderful world of Wen & Wen combs. Smiley Happy

It's a perfectly good question. Smiley Happy I have thin, fine hair and the finer teeth are perfect for my hair. -- after I cleanse my hair, first I comb my hair out using the wider teeth. Then I comb my hair out with the finer teeth to give the strands of my hair more definition so my hair doesn't get clumped together when it dries.

If you have coarse/thick hair then maybe you wouldn't use the finer teeth.

-- bebe Smiley Happy