WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - should you purchase a Wen Gallon?

@BExplorer wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

Hello gorgeous ladies of Wen! Just getting back on the boards and saying hello. Also, my hot take on gallons: worth it to have a BGT in the shower all the time, but having gotten a nice haul with the December TSV of mixed rice options, I may not get them again this year.  The convenience is great, but since I now use a number of styling products it may not make sense ounce for ounce. I will decide in Sept when the rice gallons are likely to come back, especially since after trying another seasonal (SOB - so yummy, so drying) I think my lot in life is rice only.

Just to share, I actually went all in with the BGT gallons when they debuted in June several years ago (haven't been in June since). I got auto-delivery, and had enough for 2 years with just 2 gallons! I had tried other formulas with middling success. I had a super short pixie and wanted to grow my hair, and getting the gallon made me commit to Wen in a way I previously had not. It happened to work out for me, and was actually very cost effective in that sense. I experimented from there.

I completely agree with @yisbuff2 about the CC cost being less if you also use the styling products offered with it in kits.  This is my buying strategy so I don't think I will buy gallons again unless I like the CC but not the scent, so I wouldn't want those accompanying styling products. I did but a MIF gallon for that very reason--love the CC performance, but not the scent so use other styling products. 

@However, my first WEN purchase three years ago was a gallon of LAV and a gallon of SAM!  Like @@world traveler when I decide to do something, I go all in!  Smiley LOL

@BExplorer When I purchased a gallon of LAV, I had never tried it. It didn't work out for me but I got lucky as my boss bought it off me. Whew!!

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Trusted Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

Hello gorgeous ladies of Wen! Just getting back on the boards and saying hello. Also, my hot take on gallons: worth it to have a BGT in the shower all the time, but having gotten a nice haul with the December TSV of mixed rice options, I may not get them again this year.  The convenience is great, but since I now use a number of styling products it may not make sense ounce for ounce. I will decide in Sept when the rice gallons are likely to come back, especially since after trying another seasonal (SOB - so yummy, so drying) I think my lot in life is rice only.

Just to share, I actually went all in with the BGT gallons when they debuted in June several years ago (haven't been in June since). I got auto-delivery, and had enough for 2 years with just 2 gallons! I had tried other formulas with middling success. I had a super short pixie and wanted to grow my hair, and getting the gallon made me commit to Wen in a way I previously had not. It happened to work out for me, and was actually very cost effective in that sense. I experimented from there.

I completely agree with @yisbuff2 about the CC cost being less if you also use the styling products offered with it in kits.  This is my buying strategy so I don't think I will buy gallons again unless I like the CC but not the scent, so I wouldn't want those accompanying styling products. I did but a MIF gallon for that very reason--love the CC performance, but not the scent so use other styling products. 

@However, my first WEN purchase three years ago was a gallon of LAV and a gallon of SAM!  Like @@world traveler when I decide to do something, I go all in!  Smiley LOL

@BExplorer When I purchased a gallon of LAV, I had never tried it. It didn't work out for me but I got lucky as my boss bought it off me. Whew!!

@Kjelle how lucky that worked out for both of you!  Now that I used used almost all other formulas, I know LAV doesn't work well for me, though I love the scent.  But when I first started out, I didn't know it wasn't the best formula for me, and I did use it up.  Smiley Happy

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

Gallons made more sense for me when my hair was longer.   Now I would only buy a wvm because I love it so much, and possibly a 319 or FF.  I probably should buy a pom for my daughter who does have long hair. But I have to budget. 

Respected Contributor

@CoCo87 wrote:

@HSB1204 you're right regarding the time it takes to complete a seasonal gallon. I purchased SMC last summer and used it frequently. Halfway through last summer my man asked when we would be done with SMC. Apparently he hates the scent.  He says it's not worthy to share shower space with his beloved 613 or SGGT.😝  oh well, I love it! I really wanted to purchase today's ODO in SMF, but he would die if I brought SMC oil or RTM into the house.  Oddly enough, he does enjoy FAS.  😁

@CoCo87 Too funny! My husband isn't a Wen user but if he liked FAS and wanted to use that I would force him to use the guest bathroom. Cat LOL SMC smells so delicious! Heart

I put my unopened gallon of SMC in the bathroom closet and whenever my husband looks in there he's asking how long it's going to sit there - probably until I finish the other half gallon that I'm working my way through. Cat LOL