WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - please describe Lavender Treatment Oil scent

[ Edited ]

I love the scent of the Wen Lavender CC and SC, because it smells so much like the lavender from the south of France (lol, worlds best and most expensive lavender, thank you Chaz!). 

I'm not really a fan of the scent of the LAV replenishing Treatment MIst (RTM) though. It's subtle, but the RTM scent is changed a bit in a way that I find disappointing... but I don't know how to describe it any better than that. -- I got the CC, SC and RTM in a kit a few years ago, so I can compare the scents. 

I'm going to buy a LAV TSV for a good friend of mine because she loves the LAV CC. I'm trying to decide if I should purchase one LAV TSV or two of them. If I think I'll like the LAV oil then I'll probably pick up more. 

For those of you who use the LAV Treatment OIl, can you describe how the scent compares with the CC/SC versus the RTM. Which product(s) is the Oil scent more like.

Or if it's different from all of them, would you please describe the LAV Oil scent? 

Thanks!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - please describe Lavender Treatment Oil scent

I honestly  do not know how people can tolerate both the lavendar or the tea tree Wen Scents.

For those that are trying Wen for the first time, I would avoid these two scents as they are the most difficult to tolerate.

JMO

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

It does have a more dominant lavender scent with a hint of mint notes to it. I like the smell. I am very sensitive to smells and have tried core treatment oils in TT, LAV, FIG, CA. I found LAV and FIG to be more tolerable overnight. LAV is my favorite out of these 4 I have tried. It smells like the CC plus the mint.

Trusted Contributor

I love the scent of the LAV CC, SC, mousse and VTS. I agree with you, the RTM scent is a bit different, almost muskier than the others. I prefer the scent of the other LAV products to the RTM. 

Like I posted in another thread, I'm not crazy about the Lavender/Mint oil. I really wish it didn't contain the peppermint oil. It would have been so nice to have a true, clean lavender oil treatment, especially when used overnight. To me, the oil is closer to the scent of the RTM, but with the addition of the mint. When I first apply it, it's pretty equal parts lavender and mint. And, it really doesn't change as it absorbs. It is by no means an unpleasant scent, just not my favorite, especially since l like the other LAV products so much. 

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 The oil smells amazing to me! Better even than the CC. I think the peppermint in the oil makes the difference. I agree with you about the RTM...the lavender is "there", but it's very faint. I mostly use the oil when I have a headache. I massage a few drops into my temples, and rub a bit under my nose before bed.  I find it very soothing. I use the RTM on my face sometimes.

Respected Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

I honestly  do not know how people can tolerate both the lavendar or the tea tree Wen Scents.

For those that are trying Wen for the first time, I would avoid these two scents as they are the most difficult to tolerate.

JMO

I definitely agree with you about the scent of lavender.  It was one of the first formulas that I ordered and I found it very drying and I also couldn't tolerate the scent.  I am also not a fan of floral scents but I love SOB, (I don't consider SOB a very floral scent).  I also didn't try the new spring seasonal since I don't really like like floral scents.  I can get back headaches from scents that don't agree with me.  I used up the lavender cc by mixing it with other formulas. 

I do agree that tea tree is a very strong scent but at least for me, it has become one of my favorite Wen formulas.  The tea tree oil is my favorite overnight oil treatment. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bebe77 I too like the lavender oil .  POM was my regular scent for body products but a I added lavender a while ago.  I also find the consistency of the lavender is a bit thicker than POM.

Esteemed Contributor

gosh I am a lavender junkie and I have used Wens Lavender CC since Chaz came to the

Q,but I'll be darned if I have ever smelled any lavender in this product, all I smell is the

darn menthol,which I hate.But my hair looks good............lol

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma I can smell the lavender in the CC, but it's mixed with a good dose of menthol. But the oil? Oh, the oil! Lavender heaven to me!

Honored Contributor

I really appreciate all the feedback you have given me. lol, there are a wide variety of opinions of what the scent smells like, but you all have given me some things to think about. 

I had forgotten that it was a blended scent with mint, and it sounds as though that takes away from the lavender scent. Thanks again!!! 

And if anyone else wants to weigh in about the scent, I'm all ears. Smiley Wink 

-- bebe Smiley Happy