WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - describe that scent... please!! :)

[ Edited ]

I just updated the information in the Wen Abbreviations Glossary and I added descriptions of some of the scents (in message #4), but I couldn't figure out how to describe a few of them. -- These descriptions are listed at the end of this post.

Also, these are just my descriptions. So I was hoping that if you smell different notes in particular scents, that you would share this information. Then I can add to or modify the descriptions as needed.

In particular, I'd appreciate any feedback on the scents below (but more descriptive info on any of the scents is very welcome): 

* 319 Nourishing Body Treatment 

* Bamboo Green Tea

* Cucumber Aloe

* new rice-based Fragrance Free cleansing conditioner 

* Fall Ginger Pumpkin 

* Fig 

* Fall Tuscan Pear

* Mandarin Italian Fig

* Pomegranate 

* Sweet Almond Mint

* Summer Coconut Lime Verbena 

* Spring Gardenia Green Tea 

* Spring Honey Lilac 

* Summer Honey Peach 

* Summer Mango Coconut

* Sweet Toasted Almond Eau de Parfum 

* Winter Cranberry Mint 

* Winter White Citrus 

I also need some additional information on the winter and spring Seasonal Cleansing Conditioners (specifically if they have any of these ingredients in them: bamboo water, bamboo extract, hydroxypropyltrimonium honey (or any other type of honey), and the 4-Tea Complex).

And if you see anything in these descriptions that needs to be modified or changed, please let me know. 

Thanks, in advance, for all everyone's help!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

WEN ABBREVIATIONS GLOSSARY -- Wen Abbreviations for Scents

includes additional information on scent & special ingredients

Wen Abbreviations for Scents - plus scent & ingredients info 

319 -- fragrance-free version of 613 Nourishing Body Treatment (FF NBT) 

613 -- SixThirteen -- lemon, rosemary & vanilla bean scent / powdery -- (soy/aa/he/N/sc)

CA -- Cucumber Aloe -- (wheat)

CLV (or SCLV) -- Summer Coconut Lime Verbena -- coconut, verbena and lime scent -- (soy/4T/aa/bw/hh/S/sc)

BGT -- Bamboo Green Tea -- Zen spa, "green" & fresh scent -- (rice/4T/aa/b/N/sc)

FAS -- Fall Apple Spice -- spicy maple, or mulled cider scent -- (soy/aa/S/sc)

FF -- Fragrance Free cleansing conditioner -- FF MIF / almost no scent, maybe a very slight hint of menthol (info courtesy of FleaMktQn) -- (rice/4T/aa/b/FF/hh/ N/sc) 

FGP -- Fall Ginger Pumpkin -- spicy pumpkin scent -- (soy/aa/S/sc)

FIG -- Fig -- more of a melon scent (?) -- (wheat)

FTP -- Fall Tuscan Pear -- pear scent -- (soy/4T/aa/hh/S/sc)

LAV -- Lavender -- expensive lavender from south of France -- (wheat) 

MEN - see Wen Men 

MIF -- Mandarin Italian Fig -- Tuscan vineyards scent -- (rice/4T/aa/b/hh/N/sc)

POM -- Pomegranate -- (soy)

SAM -- Sweet Almond Mint -- light mint & almond scent -- (wheat)

SCLV (or CLV) -- Summer Coconut Lime Verbena -- coconut, verbena and lime scent -- (soy/4T/aa/bw/hh/S/sc)

SGGT -- Spring Gardenia Green Tea -- light gardenia floral with a hint of green tea scent -- (soy/aa/S/sc)

SHL -- Spring Honey Lilac -- lilac floral scent -- (soy/aa/hh/S/sc)

SHP -- Summer Honey Peach -- peach scent -- (soy/4h/4T/aa/hh/N/S/sc)

SMC -- Summer Mango Coconut -- pina colada / beach scent -- (soy/aa/S/sc)

SOB -- Spring Orange Blossom -- orange blossom floral scent -- (soy/aa/N/S/sc) 

STA -- Sweet Toasted Almond Eau de Parfum

TT -- Tea Tree -- tea tree scent / slightly medicinal but great for scalp health -- (wheat)

WCM -- Winter Cranberry Mint -- light cranberry scent with bit of mint / sort of similar to Pomegranate scent, but more of a festive holiday scent -- (soy/aa/S/sc)

Wen Men (or MEN) -- scent: amber, Tahitian vanilla, bamboo, cardamom & ginger root -- (rice/4T/aa/b/hh/sc & - ?)

WKA (or Apple) -- Wen KIds Apple -- Jolly Rancher apple candies scent for kids -- (rice/k/m/N)

WKSB (or Strawberry-Banana) -- Wen KIds Strawberry-Banana -- Jolly Rancher strawberry-banana candies scent for kids -- (rice/k/m/N)

WKW (or Watermelon) -- Wen KIds Watermelon -- Jolly Rancher watermelon candies scent for kids -- (rice/k/m/N)

WVM -- Winter Vanilla Mint -- chocolate mint Andes scent -- (soy/aa/S/sc)  

WWC -- Winter White Citrus -- citrus (?) -- (soy/aa/S/sc)  

____

Key Ingredients in Individual Cleansing Conditioner Scents 

4h - 4-Honey Complex (Manuka Honey Extract, Eucalyptus Honey Extract, Orange Blossom Honey Extract, and Sage Honey Extract - Wen's most moisturising honey complex) 

4T - 4-Tea Complex (Green Tea Leaf Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, and Rooibos Red Tea Extract - Wen's exclusive 4-tea complex)  

aa - Wen proprietary 11 amino acids complex (the building blocks of protein)  

b - bamboo water & bamboo extract (Wen proprietary formula)

be - bamboo extract 

bw - bamboo water 

FF - fragrance-free (which means no added scent, in contrast with unscented which mean there is no scent)

he - honey extract 

hh - hydroxypropyltrimonium honey

k - kid's formula / menthol free -- WK in abbreviation stands for "Wen Kids"

m - menthol-free (only the Kids CCs are menthol-free)

N - nut-free

rice - rice-based

S - Seasonals, which are all soy-based and all contain the amino acid complex. The fall Seasonals are currently available through November and are Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP), Fall Apple Spice (FAS), and Fall Tuscan Pear (FTP). -- Beginning December 1st, the winter Seasonals will be available through February and are Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM), Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM), and Winter White CItrus (WWC). -- In June 2015, for the first time, Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP), Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM), Spring Orange Blossom (SOB), and Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) were available in the gallon size during June Wen Gallons Month. Hopefully selected Seasonal gallons will be offered again next year, but it's too soon to know if they will be available again Also, they might not be offered in June but possibly in September-October 2016 when the 613 & Restorative gallons are available.

soy - soy-based 

sc - extra skin care ingredients

wheat - wheat-based

____ 

last update: 11/24/15 

____

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - describe that scent... please!! :)

I would maybe consider eliminating all the codes at the end of each description.

CLV (or SCLV) -- Summer Coconut Lime Verbena -- coconut, verbena and lime scent -- (soy/4T/aa/bw/hh/S/sc)

I know you have a decoder at the bottom, but I feel like this is all really overwhelming and complicated for someone new to WEN.

A lot of people make fun of WEN because it sounds like a really complicated way to just wash your hair and things like this perpetuate that idea.

I don't mean to come down too hard, but my day job is presenting complex information to people so that it's easy to understand and I think this is too much information for people who just want to know what a scent smells like. 

If you want to get all the ingredient information out there, a matrix might be a good way to present it. You could create it in a table and take a screenshot to paste it into a post as an image or include a hyperlink to the image.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue, thank you for sharing your professional expertise. I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

I just reworked these listings yesterday and I've been going back and forth about the best way to present this information. When I wrote out the special ingredients descriptions it was even more complicated to look at, so I decided to just go with the codes. You raise an excellent point though, about folks who like to ridicule Wen as being just a complicated way to wash your hair. I really don't want give fuel to their fire.

My computer skill level is fairly basic: I understand what a screenshot is, and I've just started doing a few very basic spreadsheets. 

For the moment, I think I'll revise it to create two options. One that includes the descriptions of the scents, and a second one that has all the coded info. Hopefully, in the next few weeks, I'll get some time to try to put together the type of matrix that you have suggested. 

Thanks, as always, for your input!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue, thank you for sharing your professional expertise. I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

I just reworked these listings yesterday and I've been going back and forth about the best way to present this information. When I wrote out the special ingredients descriptions it was even more complicated to look at, so I decided to just go with the codes. You raise an excellent point though, about folks who like to ridicule Wen as being just a complicated way to wash your hair. I really don't want give fuel to their fire.

My computer skill level is fairly basic: I understand what a screenshot is, and I've just started doing a few very basic spreadsheets. 

For the moment, I think I'll revise it to create two options. One that includes the descriptions of the scents, and a second one that has all the coded info. Hopefully, in the next few weeks, I'll get some time to try to put together the type of matrix that you have suggested. 

Thanks, as always, for your input!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

I think that's a great solution, @bebe777. And if you do that, you probably don't need a matrix. Creating two lists will give beginners an easy way to get the basics and the more advanced list will work for people as they begin to learn more about WEN and naturally start to seek more information.

Contributor

Maybe it's just me, but 613 is not powdery.  To me it smells like 7UP/Sprite.

I did not get to read all of them (I am supost to be working, LOL) but I will try to soon and throw in some input if you still need it.

Respected Contributor

@bebe777   Thanks for all of the descriptions of the various formulas.  I am not good at describing different scents but I am sure that you will receive some feedback from other Wenners.  

Respected Contributor

Good job, Bebe!

I don't suppose describing any scent as 'gross' would be very helpful? Lol. Both FAS and Fig fall into that category for me, along with nauseating and head ache inducing.

Seriously, I never got melon out of the fig scent. I don't know what I smell though. The MIF, thankfully, doesn't resemble it. Someone I worked with thought the fig smelled like erasers. To me, it smells like the cleaning stuff they used when I was in elementary school. And, that was about 45 years ago.

I think the SCLV is supposed to smell like a mojito, but I never had one of those to know for sure.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cosmic1 wrote:
Good job, Bebe!

I don't suppose describing any scent as 'gross' would be very helpful? Lol. Both FAS and Fig fall into that category for me, along with nauseating and head ache inducing.

Seriously, I never got melon out of the fig scent. I don't know what I smell though. The MIF, thankfully, doesn't resemble it. Someone I worked with thought the fig smelled like erasers. To me, it smells like the cleaning stuff they used when I was in elementary school. And, that was about 45 years ago.

I think theSCLV is supposed to smell like amojito, but I never had one of those to know for sure.

@cosmic1, lol, I got a good laugh out of your post because I understand where you're coming from. Smiley Wink

I had to edit my original draft because I had originally written "either you like it, or you don't" for Fig, Cucumber Aloe, Pomegranate and Summer Coconut Lime Verbena. Can you guess which scents I'm really not a fan of? Smiley Wink

I just don't get the Fig scent, and (along with the Sweet Orange) it's uncomfortably overpowering in the Treatment Oil. lol, I'll bet it just scares the dandruff off the scalp. Smiley Wink

Somehow I don't think I can use "erasers" or "cleaning stuff" in the scent description. Hopefully, someone who enjoys the Fig scent will offer something more palatable up. Smiley Happy

I've never had a mojito but, if that's what Summer Coconut Lime Verbena smells like, I think I'll pass. 

The Cucumber Aloe scent smells just like this scented "Little Kiddle" doll I had when I was about ten. I liked it then... but now I'm all grown up and I'm no longer a fan. 

I've gotten used to the Pomegranate over time, but it used to be a major trial for my nose. 

That said, with the exception of FIG, they all give me great hair days... so I really don't have much to complain about. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

P.S. poor wenderful Fall Apple Spice is just misunderstood. Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

SCLV - honestly if we have too describe by drinks, to me, this leans more towards a Margarita than Mojito. Margaritas are made with a lime or lime juice where as Mojitos are made with both a lot of mint and limes. Since there is no mint in the SCLV, I feel it smells much closer to a Margarita. I know back in the summer Chaz described it as a mojito smell but I still don't agree (or perhaps in California they make mojitos without mint, 😊) At any rate, I feel SCLV smells of fresh, crisp limes and a light natural coconut. It is one of my favorites.
**Suz**
Valued Contributor

Thanks bebe and I'm defintely trying Winter Vanilla mint.