WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - Winter Cranberry MInt - how does it work for you? -- CC, RTM & Oil

[ Edited ]

This Seasonal scent thread is for an open ended discussion of all things Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM) which is available in:

* Cleansing Conditioner (CC)

* Replenishing Treatment Mist (RTM)

* Treatment Oil

Chaz describes WCM as a fresh, crisp blend of cranberry and mint.

Since most the archived Seasonals threads show up in the Beauty forum, I thought it would be helpful to set up a separate thread for each of the Winter Seasonals. This way Wenners who haven't tried certain Seasonals can get a better sense as whether or not they want to purchase them. 

Some of the questions folks have about the Seasonal Cleansing Conditioners include:

* what is the scent like

* what is the performance like, especially for particular hair types 

* how moisturizing is it 

* does it dry out your hair and, if so, how much 

* does if give your hair extra volume 

* is it good for curly hair

I'm less clear about what questions people have about the styling products. Smiley Happy

Enjoy!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - Winter Cranberry MInt CC, RTM & Oil - how do they work for you?

[ Edited ]

This is a bit more general information about the Seasonals from Wen 101...

___

Amino Acid Complex & Extra Skin Care Ingredients

* All the Seasonals add Chaz's 11 amino acid complex (to give your hair more protein) and additional skin care ingredients to your hair. 613 is the most concentrated (to quote Chaz: "Wen on steroids"). -- If you already have a healthy head of hair or if you have thick/coarse hair, then use 613 sparingly at first. To a lesser extent, this applies to all the cleansing conditioners which contain the amino acid complex. If you have one of these hair types and you use the amino acid cleansing conditioners too frequently, your hair may start to feel like straw or even get brittle and start to break. Your hair is made of protein. Depending on your hair type, too much protein may not be a good thing. -- Generally it's great for baby fine, damaged hair... like mine. My hair can't get enough of it.

Note: these ingredients are also in the following cleansing conditioners -- 613 / Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) / Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) / (rice-based) Fragrance Free (FF) / Wen Men

____

Seasonal Cleansing Conditioners

* all soy-based - no wheat or gluten / Wen 11 amino acid complex / additional skin care ingredients

* Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV or CLV) -- June - Aug., in both 2015 & 2016

* Spring Honey Lilac (SHL) -- Mar. - May, in both 2015 & 2016

* Winter White Citrus (WWC) -- Dec. 2014 - Feb., in winter of both 2014/15 & 2015/16

* Fall Tuscan Pear (FTP) -- Sept. - Nov., in both 2014 & 2015

* Summer Honey Peach (SHP) -- June - Aug. 2014

* Spring Orange Blossom (SOB) -- Mar. - May 2014

* Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM) -- Dec. 2013 - Feb. 2014

* Fall Apple Spice (FAS) -- Sept. - Nov. 2013

* Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) -- June - Aug., in both 2012 & 2013

* Spring Gardenia Green Tea (SGGT) -- Mar. - May, in both 2012 & 2013

* Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM) -- Dec. - Feb., in winter of both 2011/12 & 2012/13

* Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP) -- Sept. - Nov., in both 2011 & 2012 

____ 

Seasonal Cleansing Conditioners

The very popular Honey Complex, which is the most moisturising Wen honey complex for the hair, was added to the Summer Honey Peach (SHP). -- Some of the newer Seasonals (FTP, SCLV & WWC / waiting for info on SHL), Wen Men, MIF, and FF (but not BGT) have included hydroxypropyltrimonium honey in their ingredients decks. -- The 613 Cleansing Conditioner has a honey extract in it's ingredients deck.

* Beginning with the Summer Honey Peach (SHP), going forward, the 4-Tea Complex has been added to some of the Seasonals. The 4-Tea Complex is also in the Restorative line Cleansing Conditioners (BGT, MIF, and FF), as well as Wen Men Cleansing Conditioner.

each new Seasonal is generally only available for the three-month initial season when it was first introduced. -- Because Wenners get so attached to their favorite Seasonals, beginning in September 2014, Chaz has been experimenting with "opening up" the Wen Seasonals closet, on a season by season basis. For each season, a limited quantity of the prior Seasonals (for that season) have been brought back. And when they're gone, they're really gone. So order sooner rather than later.

No new Seasonals this year. The full range of Seasonals will be available from September 2015 through August 2015, but after that some Seasonals will be retired: Seasonals - which are your favorites & which will be retired?

For the second time, Chaz has made a  few Seasonal scents available during June Wen Gallons Month. For June 2016, he chose Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) and Summer Honey Peach (SHP). -- While Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV) is available this summer, it is not avaiable in the gallon size. -- Going forward, it looks as though Chaz will be offereing "select" Seasonal gallons at some point during their respective seasons. 

Additionally, for the past few December TSVs, Seasonals have been a part of the mix. The Wen December TSV generally includes (5) 16oz. Cleansing Conditioners and has been priced at $80 for the past few years (Chaz is holding the price at $80 this year -- Thank you, Chaz!). 

The December 5th, 2015 TSV included three different options: 

* Seasonal TSV (FGP, WVM, SHP, SHL, & SCLV)

* Classics TSV (SAM, TT, FIG, LAV & POM) 

* Restorative TSV (2-BGT, 2-MIF, & 1-FF)  

____

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have baby fine hair and all the Seasonals work equally well for my hair. -- I'm a rice-based Restoratives (first cleanse), every single Seasonal (second cleanse), and all 613 product leave-in kind of Wen girl. 

Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM) has really grown on me over time and, these days, I really enjoy it. WCM has a festive scent that just puts me in the holiday spirit. It's even better when combined with Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP) and Fall Apple Spice (FAS). this combo makes really lifts my spirits. Smiley Happy

WCM has a lovely deep cranberry note and a soft minty upper note. 

Happy WCM holidays!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

This is another one of my favorites.  I really like the freshness and crispness of this scent.  I find it gives me similar results as Lavender.  I also have fine thin hair.  Usually incorporate WCM for my first cleanse.  This will definitely be another one I stock up on.

Regular Contributor

My answers are for the cleansing conditioner.  WCM is my second favorite winter seasonal.

* what is the scent like  - It smells like cranberry champagne.  Definitely is effervescent.

* what is the performance like, especially for particular hair types - I have naturally curly/wavy hair.  Leaves my hair light and bouncy.  I often use it as a second cleanse and if I choose to blow it out straight it looks just as great!

* how moisturizing is it - Second most moisturizing next to Winter Vanilla Mint.

* does it dry out your hair and, if so, how much - Not at all.

* does if give your hair extra volume - Yes, just a bit!

* is it good for curly hair - I would say yes.  

Respected Contributor

I describe WCM as a really happy scent that is like berry berry mint bubble gum. I use it in Winter, Spring and Summer, but to me it doesn't fit Fall. I have relaxed AA hair and I find that it gives bounce and some body. However, it is not very moisturizing and may even be a tad drying, so I sNdwich it between two moisturing formula uses. Out of 8 weeks between touch ups, I will only use it up to the fifth week because of this. Also I use more of the RTM after cleansing with it. If it were more moisturizing, I would buy more, but instead am just ordering more RTM and using up my last 32. The SC is normal, no special notes there. Same with oil. All the ancillaries have a true smell to the CC.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Trusted Contributor

I've only used WCM as a mixer so far. I like the cranberry scent, but I wish the mint was not there. WEN already has so much menthol that I feel more mint is not needed. I love cranberry and orange together, so I hoped that WWC and WCM would be a nice combination. It is nice, but I feel the mint scent gets in the way a bit. Maybe Chaz will do a cranberry orange scent scent someday.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprimo wrote:

I've only used WCM as a mixer so far. I like the cranberry scent, but I wish the mint was not there. WEN already has so much menthol that I feel more mint is not needed. I love cranberry and orange together, so I hoped that WWC and WCM would be a nice combination. It is nice, but I feel the mint scent gets in the way a bit. Maybe Chaz will do a cranberry orange scent scent someday.

I feel the same way about added "mint" scent, @aprimo. I even wowed not buy any CC with the word "mint" in the name - too much menthol as is in every CC, I don't need an added "pleasure" of feeling it even more.

I did not like WWM for this reason, and also for "food" smell. WCM I won't buy, because of "Mint"!

But Winter White Citrus I really like and will be waiting for a nice kit or single scent trio to be offered this Winter season.

Respected Contributor

I have thin, fine color treated hair and WCM is okay for me. It's not super moisturing but I like the fruity berry scent. It has been a while since I've used it so I honestly don't remember if it gave me volume or not. The scent is pretty strong for me, though, and it tends to cling to my hair for quite a while which I'm not really a fan of.

Respected Contributor

WCM is my favorite of the winter seasonals. I agree that it is effervescent and reminds me of cranberry and ginger ale or champagne. Like all the seasonals, my hair likes it and looks goid when I use it. I hope to pick up some styling products and oil with it this time.