WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - Wen Men Paste vs Texturizing Treatment Spray

@77yangya wrote:

Hi there.  I'm not sure which poster I'm addressing but the one that said they were in their mid 30's.  I seriously doubt you're anywhere near menopause.  Some women, however, do experience this around 38, I mean it is possible but you'd be having symptoms like irregular menses and hot flashes and awful mood swings to name a few, all of which I suffered from.   You know, it reminds me of when I was in child bearing years I had what is referred to as the "mask".  It's dark patches on my face.  It was really lousy.  It's disappeared now.  I suffered a lot as a youngster with all that stuff.  Oh well.  Yadda ya gonna do? XO

@77yangya When you hit the Reply button to someone's post you can click the Quote link in the upper right corner (right above the text box you're typing in) and it'll show you the post you're responding to.

But yeah, I would think it'll still be a while before menopause hits. Maybe it's just the Wen that makes my hair waving. Who knows? Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Hi bebe!  Yes, I have both and I like the Wen Men paste way better.  Not because of the scent (which I really insanely love) but the results.  I may be applying the texture thing wrongly.  When using the texture spray it is not really advised to blow out after.  I believe you're supposed to air dry and for me, yikes!  If I air dry my hair looks like a huge bush that I haven't combed in a long time!  I blow dry and use the paste ONLY on my ends and WOW!  Body and bounce galore!   My hair is turning platinum at a fast pace and with that it's becoming more course and dry. My scalp is still a grease pit though.  I cut my hair from the bottom of my back up to it just grazing my shoulders.  I have all one length in a bob and graduated at the ends.  Yes, this is an old fashioned hair style but I like the "clean cut" look.  Now I know the "beachy" look is in but I do what I like.  I love Chaz and Wen and I think he'll have a tutorial on this new product this visit so I'll pay close attention.  Another part to the equation is once the texture spray is applied do not touch hair until completely dry.  Anyway, that's my two cents.  Thanks for all you do. xo

@77yangya, thanks so much for sharing this information. lol, I know you love all things Wen Men, so I was hoping that you had purchased the TTS as well. 

I really appreciate your thorough description because that was along the lines of how I thought it might work. 

I'm hoping that Chaz will include all the Wen Men products in his upcoming Wen Men Fathers Day kit, so this way I'll be able to try the Wen Men Paste in the kit. I love the Wen Men scent as well. Smiley Happy

I'm sure he'll have some TTS demos (and hopefully a TTS special value) so that I can get a sense of how it works on the models. -- I'm hoping that he will use it on Mary (older model, black hair) and Kate (redhead), because they each have the same baby fine hair that I do.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sailor_moon wrote:

@bebe777

for best results, try both. I think the texturizing spray, on soaking wet hair, will coax the waves in your hair, and the Wen men paste, on dried style hair, will give your hair extra oomph.

@sailor_moon, thanks so much for sharing this. I'll be sure to give it a try once I get them. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@77yangya, thanks so much for sharing this information. lol, I know you love all things Wen Men, so I was hoping that you had purchased the TTS as well. 

I really appreciate your thorough description because that was along the lines of how I thought it might work. 

I'm hoping that Chaz will include all the Wen Men products in his upcoming Wen Men Fathers Day kit, so this way I'll be able to try the Wen Men Paste in the kit. I love the Wen Men scent as well. Smiley Happy

I'm sure he'll have some TTS demos (and hopefully a TTS special value) so that I can get a sense of how it works on the models. -- I'm hoping that he will use it on Mary (older model, black hair) and Kate (redhead), because they each have the same baby fine hair that I do.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 I agree. I'd like to see the texturizing spray used on Kate as well since her hair seems fine like mine.

Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@77yangya wrote:

Hi bebe!  Yes, I have both and I like the Wen Men paste way better.  Not because of the scent (which I really insanely love) but the results.  I may be applying the texture thing wrongly.  When using the texture spray it is not really advised to blow out after.  I believe you're supposed to air dry and for me, yikes!  If I air dry my hair looks like a huge bush that I haven't combed in a long time!  I blow dry and use the paste ONLY on my ends and WOW!  Body and bounce galore!   My hair is turning platinum at a fast pace and with that it's becoming more course and dry. My scalp is still a grease pit though.  I cut my hair from the bottom of my back up to it just grazing my shoulders.  I have all one length in a bob and graduated at the ends.  Yes, this is an old fashioned hair style but I like the "clean cut" look.  Now I know the "beachy" look is in but I do what I like.  I love Chaz and Wen and I think he'll have a tutorial on this new product this visit so I'll pay close attention.  Another part to the equation is once the texture spray is applied do not touch hair until completely dry.  Anyway, that's my two cents.  Thanks for all you do. xo

@77yangya It sounds like your hair reacts the same way as mine does when air drying. Once it's dry it's just sticking out everywhere and looks all crazy. I do still air dry on most days. I just use the Wen comb and some FTC and that seems to smooth it down. Based on your description I'm not sure the texturizing spray would work well for me.

@HSB1204@bebe777 I have recently tried the FTC & TTS & mens paste Smiley Embarassed

I like the FTC the best out of the three. My hair is naturally wavey so the TTS doesn't seem to add much to what I alredy have. The mens paste gives me some added volume & hold but I don't really need any help there. I can feel both of them in my hair. I almost always air dry. Another thing that isn't bad anymore is bed head Woman Very Happy I can get up in the morning & go out without a shower & feel good about my hair Smiley Very Happy

The FTC gives me a little more body & lift & adds even more softness to my hair. I don't use any of the 3 on a real regular basis.

Honored Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@77yangya wrote:

@77yangya It sounds like your hair reacts the same way as mine does when air drying. Once it's dry it's just sticking out everywhere and looks all crazy. I do still air dry on most days. I just use the Wen comb and some FTC and that seems to smooth it down. Based on your description I'm not sure the texturizing spray would work well for me.

@HSB1204@bebe777 I have recently tried the FTC & TTS & mens paste Smiley Embarassed

I like the FTC the best out of the three. My hair is naturally wavey so the TTS doesn't seem to add much to what I alredy have. The mens paste gives me some added volume & hold but I don't really need any help there. I can feel both of them in my hair. I almost always air dry. Another thing that isn't bad anymore is bed head Woman Very Happy I can get up in the morning & go out without a shower & feel good about my hair Smiley Very Happy

The FTC gives me a little more body & lift & adds even more softness to my hair. I don't use any of the 3 on a real regular basis.

@FleaMktQn, thanks for sharing your experience with them. Unlike you, lol, I can use all the volume and natural hold I can get for my baby fine hair. Smiley Wink

I've tried the FTC a number of times but it never seems to work for me.

That's great that you've found your Wen holy grail routine. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

Thanks @FleaMktQn! I think I'll hold off on trying the TTS for a while. I wouldn't mind more volume, though, so the paste almost sounds more interesting to me.

I agree that the FTC is great. Sometimes I use it on its own. Other times I'll mix it with a drop of the GS and a few spritzes of RTM. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

Thanks @FleaMktQn! I think I'll hold off on trying the TTS for a while. I wouldn't mind more volume, though, so the paste almost sounds more interesting to me.

I agree that the FTC is great. Sometimes I use it on its own. Other times I'll mix it with a drop of the GS and a few spritzes of RTM. Cat Happy

@HSB1204 I'll have to try it with the GS & oil Thanks for the tip Woman Wink