WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - Wen Men Paste vs Texturizing Treatment Spray

[ Edited ]

Has anyone used both the the Wen Men Paste and the MIF Texturizing Treatment Spray (TTS)? 

I have not a lot of baby fine hair which is about six inches below my shoulders. My hair has a bit of a wave in it, but it never holds up past the first day. The Wen Mousse does give my hair extra volume which is great but the wave just won't hold. 

I'm trying to figure out if the Wen Men Paste or the MIF TTS would be better for my hair... and how each of them would be different on my hair. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - Wen Men Paste vs Texturizing Treatment Spray

I'm interested in the texturizing spray although I think I'll wait until it's out in BGT and I'd also like to see some reviews first.

My hair is also thin and fine but it has developed some waves over the years. They look great when my hair is wet but once it's dry I just have a weird frizzy mess on my hands. I've experimented with other products that are supposed to give you waves/curls but I haven't had much luck so I usually just make it straight instead.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HSB1204, from what I've read, this wave effect is frequently a post menopausal result that women start to see in their mid 50s. 

I "found" these waves as soon as I started using Wen... before Wen I had no idea that they were there. lol, once again... the Wen difference. Smiley Wink

Pre-Wen I'm sure that the shampoos I had been using were just too harsh for my hair. I have baby fine hair and, even with Wen CC and moussie, these waves disappear the following day (though the Wen moussie gives my hair sustained volume between cleanses)... probably because my hair is so delicate. 

I'd like to keep my waves around between cleanses which is why I'd like a better understanding of the differences between Wen Men Paste and the MIF Texturizing Treatment Spray. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@HSB1204, from what I've read, this wave effect is frequently a post menopausal result that women start to see in their mid 50s. 

I "found" these waves as soon as I started using Wen... before Wen I had no idea that they were there. lol, once again... the Wen difference. Smiley Wink

Pre-Wen I'm sure that the shampoos I had been using were just too harsh for my hair. I have baby fine hair and, even with Wen CC and moussie, these waves disappear the following day (though the Wen moussie gives my hair sustained volume between cleanses)... probably because my hair is so delicate. 

I'd like to keep my waves around between cleanses which is why I'd like a better understanding of the differences between Wen Men Paste and the MIF Texturizing Treatment Spray. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 Wow. I hope it's not hitting me early then because I'm only in my mid 30s. Cat LOL

My hair used to be so straight it wasn't even funny. At some point I started getting perms but I gave up on that and went back to the straight hair. Still, now that these waves have appeared I wouldn't mind actually wearing it like that sometimes.

I get more volume than waves with the mousse so if any of these other Wen products work I'd also be interested in trying them. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 Wow. I hope it's not hitting me early then because I'm only in my mid 30s. Cat LOL

My hair used to be so straight it wasn't even funny. At some point I started getting perms but I gave up on that and went back to the straight hair. Still, now that these waves have appeared I wouldn't mind actually wearing it like that sometimes.

I get more volume than waves with the mousse so if any of these other Wen products work I'd also be interested in trying them. Cat Happy

@HSB1204, while I'm sorry to hear that the moussie smarthold technology doesn't give you sustained hold either, lol, somehow I'm glad to know that it's not just me. -- I don't blame the marvelous moussie... I just happen to have really limp, porous, bay fine hair and there's only so much that a moussie can do. Smiley Wink 

I do get a vague wave for the first day, but it's gone on day two. -- What I just love about the Wen moussie though is that the added volume stays around until I cleanse my hair again. For my hair that's a downright miracle. Smiley Wink

@HSB1204, it's sounds like we're both looking for the same results from either the Wen Men Paste or the MIF TTS. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@HSB1204, while I'm sorry to hear that the moussie smarthold technology doesn't give you sustained hold either, lol, somehow I'm glad to know that it's not just me. -- I don't blame the marvelous moussie... I just happen to have really limp, porous, bay fine hair and there's only so much that a moussie can do. Smiley Wink 

I do get a vague wave for the first day, but it's gone on day two. -- What I just love about the Wen moussie though is that the added volume stays around until I cleanse my hair again. For my hair that's a downright miracle. Smiley Wink

@HSB1204, it's sounds like we're both looking for the same results from either the Wen Men Paste or the MIF TTS. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 Yeah, I do like that the mousse gives me volume but it definitely can't control my waves and make them stay.

I'm looking forward to seeing the texturizing spray presentation on QVC. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi bebe!  Yes, I have both and I like the Wen Men paste way better.  Not because of the scent (which I really insanely love) but the results.  I may be applying the texture thing wrongly.  When using the texture spray it is not really advised to blow out after.  I believe you're supposed to air dry and for me, yikes!  If I air dry my hair looks like a huge bush that I haven't combed in a long time!  I blow dry and use the paste ONLY on my ends and WOW!  Body and bounce galore!   My hair is turning platinum at a fast pace and with that it's becoming more course and dry. My scalp is still a grease pit though.  I cut my hair from the bottom of my back up to it just grazing my shoulders.  I have all one length in a bob and graduated at the ends.  Yes, this is an old fashioned hair style but I like the "clean cut" look.  Now I know the "beachy" look is in but I do what I like.  I love Chaz and Wen and I think he'll have a tutorial on this new product this visit so I'll pay close attention.  Another part to the equation is once the texture spray is applied do not touch hair until completely dry.  Anyway, that's my two cents.  Thanks for all you do. xo

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777

for best results, try both. I think the texturizing spray, on soaking wet hair, will coax the waves in your hair, and the Wen men paste, on dried style hair, will give your hair extra oomph.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

Hi there.  I'm not sure which poster I'm addressing but the one that said they were in their mid 30's.  I seriously doubt you're anywhere near menopause.  Some women, however, do experience this around 38, I mean it is possible but you'd be having symptoms like irregular menses and hot flashes and awful mood swings to name a few, all of which I suffered from.   You know, it reminds me of when I was in child bearing years I had what is referred to as the "mask".  It's dark patches on my face.  It was really lousy.  It's disappeared now.  I suffered a lot as a youngster with all that stuff.  Oh well.  Yadda ya gonna do? XO

Respected Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Hi bebe!  Yes, I have both and I like the Wen Men paste way better.  Not because of the scent (which I really insanely love) but the results.  I may be applying the texture thing wrongly.  When using the texture spray it is not really advised to blow out after.  I believe you're supposed to air dry and for me, yikes!  If I air dry my hair looks like a huge bush that I haven't combed in a long time!  I blow dry and use the paste ONLY on my ends and WOW!  Body and bounce galore!   My hair is turning platinum at a fast pace and with that it's becoming more course and dry. My scalp is still a grease pit though.  I cut my hair from the bottom of my back up to it just grazing my shoulders.  I have all one length in a bob and graduated at the ends.  Yes, this is an old fashioned hair style but I like the "clean cut" look.  Now I know the "beachy" look is in but I do what I like.  I love Chaz and Wen and I think he'll have a tutorial on this new product this visit so I'll pay close attention.  Another part to the equation is once the texture spray is applied do not touch hair until completely dry.  Anyway, that's my two cents.  Thanks for all you do. xo

@77yangya It sounds like your hair reacts the same way as mine does when air drying. Once it's dry it's just sticking out everywhere and looks all crazy. I do still air dry on most days. I just use the Wen comb and some FTC and that seems to smooth it down. Based on your description I'm not sure the texturizing spray would work well for me.