WEN

Valued Contributor

@Make-Up Girl wrote:

Has anyone heard what the new summer flavor is?   I am dying to order all 3 summer flavors.  Cooconut Lime is soooo amazing, i cant wait for it to be back.

@Make-Up Girl   I love Coconut Lime, too - used it this morning!  It's one of my top favorite WEN scents, along with Spring Orange Blossom and Light.

Respected Contributor

Oh, I see.  The new one is replacing Coconut Mango.  Wow, that would be great if it was made half price on Chaz's site, you bet!  Me too, I always try anything new Chaz makes.  The Cherry Blossom, to me, smelled VERY much like the Lilac one, which I was not to thrilled about.  The results were great but the scent, well, I just was not too taken on with it. I love the CLV and still have one 32oz. left of that.  I have one FGP in 32oz. too.  Tropical Paradise sounds great.  I love the Peach, that one's really nice.  Heck, I love them all but some just more than others!  Here's something odd, I found that the Cherry Blossom one didn't cream up as much as some do.  I found Sweet Almond Mint creamed up more and that one is a classic.  Maybe I didn't put enough in.  You know, it's funny, Wen makes the hair grow leaps and bounds so I add the same amount and I should be applying more.  My hair is getting long so therefore got to use more pumps!  duh... LOL!  My all time fav, Wen Men, that one creams up a ton!  I always hope Chaz will make an NBT and matching EDP in Wen Men like he did with the Light.  The Light NBT, WOW!  I love that.  Wow, though I didn't know the Coconut Mango was being discontinued.  When he offered it in a gallon I got the RTM duo and some 32oz. I think a few 16oz. oh, and one oil which is almost used up. 

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

Oh Wow, I lived in Central America for four years. There's a plethora of fruits and flowers, any and all of which could be considered a Tropical Paradise! This could be fun.

I brought back a FABULOUS rum punch recipe. I should post it to celebrate the new scent! Party time!

Well, @rochelleS, Are you going to share that recipe?? 😃🍹

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

Oh Wow, I lived in Central America for four years. There's a plethora of fruits and flowers, any and all of which could be considered a Tropical Paradise! This could be fun.

I brought back a FABULOUS rum punch recipe. I should post it to celebrate the new scent! Party time!

Well, @rochelleS, Are you going to share that recipe?? 😃🍹

@BExplorer You betcha.  

1 Sour

2 Sweet

3 Strong

4 Weak

The numbers represent parts or the ratio of of ingredients to each other. I make it this way:

1 part  lime juice

2 parts grenadine

3 parts rum inexpensive white or gold

4 parts juice, mixture of fruit juices. OJ, peach, pear, watermelon, etc etc. Not too much grapefruit, it'll be too tart and go light on the nectars, it'll be too syrupy. Light colors are better than say blueberry but raspberry, cherry etc are nice in the mix. A larger portion of OJ with a medley of juices is perfect. Mix well. Slice citrus rounds to float on top and serve over ice.

I have a big spigot server and I put the punch in that and serve. Or a punch bowl with a ladle works equally as well. I serve ice separately as it'll dilute the punch.

Pretty foolproof and absolutely delicious. I've made this for years and it's often requested. ..cheers! 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much @rochelleS for taking the time to post your recipe.  Can't wait to try it!  🍹

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

That sounds delicious  @rochelleS. Have you thought of posting it in the recipies forum? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen Summer flavor??

[ Edited ]

No, I hadn't @x Hedge. I do take a peek occasionally, as I enjoy cooking.

I posted here as a celebratory contribution to our summer scents and a welcoming 'raise of the glass' to the new Tropical Paradise.

Honored Contributor

Tropical Paradise? Oh, I am sooooooo IN! 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Fyi: SCB ans SHL 32oz. CC's are available again - or at least for now anyways. Lol

Trusted Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom, thanks so much!  I have all 3 spring CC on auto delivery, but just in case, ordered an extra cherry and lilac.

i will try the new summer CC.