WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Today I made FVWP sugar scrub using FVWP oil and FVWP CC, with granulated white sugar. Normally, the basic recipie calls for a mix of coarse and fine sugar, but depending on where I'm going to use it, I may use fine only.

I'm also fond of 2 parts 613 to 1 part WRC CC, with TT as the oil. Both WRC & TT are edgy, bracing scents, and the 613 softens and sweetens the final sugar scrub fragrance.

So far I've just been experimenting with very small batches. At this point I don't want to make more Wen sugar scrub exfoliant than I will use within 24 hours.

Next, I'm thinking of trying a Wen SHP fine sugar facial scrub with extra honey added.

The full basic recipie is:

Blend 1/2 cup coarse sugar with 1/2cup fine granulated white sugar.

Add 4 Tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 Tablespoon essential oil.

I cut the recipie down.

Instead of a cup of sugar I've been using 2 Tablespoons.

Instead of olive oil I've been using Wen CC.

Instead of essential oils I've been using Wen oils.

I blend with a mini spatula, first adding 10 drops of oil to the 2 Tbls sugar, then adding Wen CC until it becomes pliable, about the consistancy of Play-doh.

I cant give a specific amount of CC because some Wen formulas start out as a thicker consistancy than others. 

I suppose if I made larger batches I might have to include other oils.

In the shower, apply Wen sugar scrub to clean, wet skin. Scrub gently in circular motions to exfoliate.

If anyone with FAS oil & CC whomps up a batch using coarse white sugar and fine brown sugar, I'd like to know how that works out.

I keep thinking brown sugar scrub might be good with Wen FAS, maybe FGP or FTP too.

What about Wen Tuscan Pear with ginger infused walnut oil?

Or Wen scrub made with MIF and sesame oil?

The Wen sugar scrub combinations are mind boggling. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BrattyOne2 wrote:

@Kjelle wrote:

I love scrubs and haven't made one myself. A co-worker gave me a container of her DIY Sweet Orange Sugar Scrub for Christmas somit cant be hard. If I was going to buy a WEN scrub it would have to be a scentbthat was hard to duplicate and/or not expected to already be in someone else's line like WWC, Light or WRC. 

@Kjelle

I would love a light, 613 or even 319 scrub.  With the 319, we could always add our own oils to create our own scents. 

To those who have said we could DIY, it wouldn't be the same.  There's no possible way for me or anyone else to create something that would be as beneficial for my skin as Chaz.  I trust him with my hair cleanser, body cleanser and with my moisturizer, a DIY, would be a cheap immitation.  Just as I'm sure none of you would give up your WEN for a DIY cleanser. 

Hi @BrattyOne2 .  Hope you're having a Wenderful day!

Personally, I couldn't justify paying for product, S&H, and tax on an item I could make so quickly, easily and inexpensively myself.

(The tax alone would be more than I spent on sugar!)

To me, using Wen oils and cleansing conditioner to make a custom blended Wen exfoliating scrub is no different than using CC that was originally formulated to clean hair as a shaving cream, or using Wen hair texture balm on lips & rough skin, or spritzing RTM as room spray or clothes freshner, or even into shoes.

So like most other Wenners, by custom blending my own Wen exfoliating scrub, I'm just finding additional uses for the Wen products I already have and love love LOVE!

I already soak my feet in a little tub of warm Wen-water, (yes, Its GREAT for that too!) and I've decided to try making a Wen salt scrub for my feet. A salt scrub is too coarse for most of the body, but does a better job of exfoliating tough, calloused skin on feet than sugar.

Mix your favorite Wen oil and CC into coarse sea salt, Epson salt, or Kosher salt.

In fact, I'd love to read a running thread in the Wen forum dedicated to all the DIY, creative, off label uses enthusiastic Wenners have found for Wen products over the years. Those great ideas tend to get scattered throughout various threads. 

Honored Contributor

@BrattyOne2 wrote:

I mentioned to Cooper before the holidays that I would love, l Iove, love to have a Wen Sugar Body Scrub.  She said she'd bring it up at a meeting. Does anyone else agree with me?  I think it would be amazing to use prior to or after using the body cleanser and finishing with the nourishing body treatment/oils. 

My thoughts were that it would be perfect for Summer, especially prior to using faux tans or with drier skin in the Winter.  Honestly, anytime of the year would be perfect. 

Please give your thoughts......

Have an amazing day! Heart

Why not make your own?

I had to stop using WEN - I've posted about it before.

I have a lot of seasonal oils left.

Today I first steamed my face, then mixed together brown sugar and fall apple spice oil into a paste and used it for a face scrub. It worked GREAT!

A lot of ladies mention they have large "stashes" of oils - this might be a new way to use them up!

Frequent Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@BrattyOne2 wrote:

@Kjelle wrote:

I love scrubs and haven't made one myself. A co-worker gave me a container of her DIY Sweet Orange Sugar Scrub for Christmas somit cant be hard. If I was going to buy a WEN scrub it would have to be a scentbthat was hard to duplicate and/or not expected to already be in someone else's line like WWC, Light or WRC. 

@Kjelle

I would love a light, 613 or even 319 scrub.  With the 319, we could always add our own oils to create our own scents. 

To those who have said we could DIY, it wouldn't be the same.  There's no possible way for me or anyone else to create something that would be as beneficial for my skin as Chaz.  I trust him with my hair cleanser, body cleanser and with my moisturizer, a DIY, would be a cheap immitation.  Just as I'm sure none of you would give up your WEN for a DIY cleanser. 

Hi @BrattyOne2 .  Hope you're having a Wenderful day!

Personally, I couldn't justify paying for product, S&H, and tax on an item I could make so quickly, easily and inexpensively myself.

(The tax alone would be more than I spent on sugar!)

To me, using Wen oils and cleansing conditioner to make a custom blended Wen exfoliating scrub is no different than using CC that was originally formulated to clean hair as a shaving cream, or using Wen hair texture balm on lips & rough skin, or spritzing RTM as room spray or clothes freshner, or even into shoes.

So like most other Wenners, by custom blending my own Wen exfoliating scrub, I'm just finding additional uses for the Wen products I already have and love love LOVE!

I already soak my feet in a little tub of warm Wen-water, (yes, Its GREAT for that too!) and I've decided to try making a Wen salt scrub for my feet. A salt scrub is too coarse for most of the body, but does a better job of exfoliating tough, calloused skin on feet than sugar.

Mix your favorite Wen oil and CC into coarse sea salt, Epson salt, or Kosher salt.

In fact, I'd love to read a running thread in the Wen forum dedicated to all the DIY, creative, off label uses enthusiastic Wenners have found for Wen products over the years. Those great ideas tend to get scattered throughout various threads. 

@x Hedge

Hey @x Hedge

Spending the day with my niece in our oils......a WENderfully fabulous day indeed.  We've had freezing rain the last three days and today is a day of WEN-relaxation.

Honestly, the thought of DIY is something I typically don't have time to do.  I know you take basic ingredients and mix together.  For me, I'm in college with limited time for being creative.  The majority of my time is spent studying and my free time goes to either family or dancing.  Also, I don't have containers to store things nor do I ever purchase sugar or salt.  I guess it would help to explain that I'm a vegan and eat a very "clean" diet. 

I will say that everyone has given great tips on how to be creative and make my own scrubs that maybe I'll be adventurous over the Summer and try a little DIY.

I hope everyone has an amazing week.  If you're getting horrible weather, stay safe and warm!!  Classes start for me on Tuesday and my life will be insane for the next few months.  This is my final semester and it's going to be a tough one.

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@BrattyOne2 wrote:

I mentioned to Cooper before the holidays that I would love, l Iove, love to have a Wen Sugar Body Scrub.  She said she'd bring it up at a meeting. Does anyone else agree with me?  I think it would be amazing to use prior to or after using the body cleanser and finishing with the nourishing body treatment/oils. 

My thoughts were that it would be perfect for Summer, especially prior to using faux tans or with drier skin in the Winter.  Honestly, anytime of the year would be perfect. 

Please give your thoughts......

Have an amazing day! Heart

Why not make your own?

I had to stop using WEN - I've posted about it before.

I have a lot of seasonal oils left.

Today I first steamed my face, then mixed together brown sugar and fall apple spice oil into a paste and used it for a face scrub. It worked GREAT!

A lot of ladies mention they have large "stashes" of oils - this might be a new way to use them up!

@terrier3

I still have 2 bottles of FAS RTM, and I can't use them as RTMs. Now I'm wondering if I could incorporate them into some other Wenderful DIY skin treatment.

As you suggested, using up stashes of oils by making your own scrubs is an excellent idea, and certainly better than seeing beloved Wen oils turn rancid from age.