WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - Seasonals speculation ;)

[ Edited ]

I always enjoy speculating and trying to guess what Chaz is going to come up with next, and today I was thinking about what's going to happen with the Seasonals this fall... especially about the possibility of Styling Creme (SC), Mousse... and maybe even EDPs being added to the the returning Seasonal formulas. Smiley Wink

We still don't know which current Seasonals will be offered again this fall... but we have been given a few advance tidbits: 

* a few weeks ago, on one of Chaz's periscope streams, he mentioned that he is currently working on a Styling Creme (SC) and a Mousse for the Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM)

* on Chaz's facebook page, Gillian (from Chaz's customer service department), share that one returning Seasonal from each season may be available in the gallon size... and that WVM might be available in the gallon size this fall.

That's made me wonder if he might be teasing us with these little tidbits of advance information. Smiley Happy I wonder if this means that we might see SC and Mousse for any/all returning Seasonals... lol, and if EDPs for those Seasonlas might not be far behind.

___ 

Right now all 12 of the current Seasonals include Cleansing Conditioner (CC), Replenishing Treatment Mist (RTM) and Treatment Oil. 

The five most recent Seasonals also have Styling Creme (SC) and Mousse in their product lines (Summer Honey Peach, Fall Tuscan Pear, Winter White Citrus, Spring Honey Lilac and Summer Coconut Lime Verbena).

And, with the exception of Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV), all five of these newer Seasonals also have an EDP. -- Additionally, Chaz created a Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) EDP, even though SMC is an older Seasonal.

___  

Here's my guess as to how I think things might unfold regarding new Seasonal styling products and EDPs starting next fall... of course, this is pure speculation (which I enjoy *s*).

I think it's likely that four Seasonals, one from each season, are likely to be retired starting in the fall. These retirements would make room for the upcoming four new Seasonals, and most Wenners seem to agree on three likely retirement candidates:

* Fall Apple Spice (FAS) 

* Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM) 

* Spring Gardenia Green Tea (SGGT)

* Summer -- no one has a clue Smiley Wink

So if all of the other current Seasonals will be returning -- though one of the current summer Seasonals might be retired -- these are the new products Chaz would need to create in order to give each returning Seasonal a full compliment of products:

* Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP) -- SC, Mousse & EDP

* Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM) -- SC & Mousse (which Chaz is creating now), plus EDP

* Spring Orange Blossom (SOB) -- SC, Mousse & EDP

* Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) -- SC & Mousse

* Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV) -- EDP

Basically, Chaz would only need to create two individual new styling products and one new EDP for each season... lol, and I just have a feeling that he just might do it. Smiley Happy

lol, soooo what does everyone else think about this? Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - Seasonals speculation ;)

Does anyone actually think that CLV is coming back? It seemed to have gotten a lot of negative reviews a far as scent. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

Does anyone actually think that CLV is coming back? It seemed to have gotten a lot of negative reviews a far as scent. 

@jaxs mom, I am not a fan of the Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV) scent and initially I thought that it wasn't that popular.

lol, but once I mentioned that, I was really surprised at how many Wenners started talking about how much they liked it. Of course, there were some folks like me who just didn't like the scent... but nothing like the "trash FAS fiesta" for my beloved Fall Apple Spice (FAS). Smiley Wink

I just don't know what's in the cards for SCLV. -- On one hand, the fact that Chaz didn't create a SCLV EDP (while there is a Summer Mango Coconut EDP), would seem to hint at SCLV's exit next year.

But, when they've had Seasonal ODOs, from the product numbers the hosts have sometimes shared regarding how many of each particular Seasonal was brought in.... well, my sense it that they've brought in much more SCLV and SHP... but again, that's just based on the numbers they occasionally share and my math skills. Smiley Wink

I'm pretty sure that Summer Honey Peach (SHP) is safe, but I'm not at all sure which other Seasonal is likely to return (assuming one Seasonal from each season is retired). 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Ok but I really don't think that SHP or SMC are going anywhere, so that means CLV is the only one left to axe if they are retiring one seasonal each quarter. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I'll take a gallon of Fall Apple Spice!! 😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I actually like the scent of SCLV better than SMC.  Not really sure why but I smell mostly lime and not much coconut.  Some may not agree with me but that is my experience with SCLV.  Although, we really don't have any control over which seasonals are eventually retired.

I really like WCM and did stock up but my current stash won't last much longer.  

I only just tried WVM since I really wanted to try it but definitely won't spend money on the ancillary products since it definitely isn't one of my favorite seasonals.   

Esteemed Contributor

It's gotta be the SCLV - no EDP, which i would assume is harder to create.

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

I always enjoy speculating and trying to guess what Chaz is going to come up with next, and today I was thinking about what's going to happen with the Seasonals this fall... especially about the possibility of Styling Creme (SC), Mousse... and maybe even EDPs being added to the the returning Seasonal formulas. Smiley Wink

We still don't know which current Seasonals will be offered again this fall... but we have been given a few advance tidbits: 

* a few weeks ago, on one of Chaz's periscope streams, he mentioned that he is currently working on a Styling Creme (SC) and a Mousse for the Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM)

* on Chaz's facebook page, Gillian (from Chaz's customer service department), share that one returning Seasonal from each season may be available in the gallon size... and that WVM might be available in the gallon size this fall.

That's made me wonder if he might be teasing us with these little tidbits of advance information. Smiley Happy I wonder if this means that we might see SC and Mousse for any/all returning Seasonals... lol, and if EDPs for those Seasonlas might not be far behind.

___ 

Right now all 12 of the current Seasonals include Cleansing Conditioner (CC), Replenishing Treatment Mist (RTM) and Treatment Oil. 

The five most recent Seasonals also have Styling Creme (SC) and Mousse in their product lines (Summer Honey Peach, Fall Tuscan Pear, Winter White Citrus, Spring Honey Lilac and Summer Coconut Lime Verbena).

And, with the exception of Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV), all five of these newer Seasonals also have an EDP. -- Additionally, Chaz created a Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) EDP, even though SMC is an older Seasonal.

___  

Here's my guess as to how I think things might unfold regarding new Seasonal styling products and EDPs starting next fall... of course, this is pure speculation (which I enjoy *s*).

I think it's likely that four Seasonals, one from each season, are likely to be retired starting in the fall. These retirements would make room for the upcoming four new Seasonals, and most Wenners seem to agree on three likely retirement candidates:

* Fall Apple Spice (FAS) 

* Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM) 

* Spring Gardenia Green Tea (SGGT)

* Summer -- no one has a clue Smiley Wink

So if all of the other current Seasonals will be returning -- though one of the current summer Seasonals might be retired -- these are the new products Chaz would need to create in order to give each returning Seasonal a full compliment of products:

* Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP) -- SC, Mousse & EDP

* Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM) -- SC & Mousse (which Chaz is creating now), plus EDP

* Spring Orange Blossom (SOB) -- SC, Mousse & EDP

* Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) -- SC & Mousse

* Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV) -- EDP

Basically, Chaz would only need to create two individual new styling products and one new EDP for each season... lol, and I just have a feeling that he just might do it. Smiley Happy

lol, soooo what does everyone else think about this? Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777

How in the world are you able to keep track of all of this?  Totally amazing!!

There are a couple of CC's or accompanying products that I have not tried.  I have not tried  FAS or WCM in any Wen product. If they are retired, I am fine with that. I have only tried the WWC in the mousse and loved it! It reminded me of when my mother took an orange and pushed-in whole cloves for part of a seasonal centerpiece! I am using up the last few pumps of this mousse before moving on to my SCLV mousse!  

I am lukewarm on SGGT CC in either scent or performance.  My nail tech loved it as a Christmas present last year though!  (she has the exact opposite hair type from mine)

The scent of SHL was too cloying, but I did like the performance. I had the mousse too.

I am probably in the minority here, but I prefer the SCLV scent over SMC, but I do like the way the SMC CC worked with my curly hair!   SHP is my #1 go to CC for every possible reason (therefor the gallon purchase this month!)

Whatever Chaz decides is fine with me because he is always strong with his product development and never rests on his laurels!

Valued Contributor

Honestly, as long as my wvm doesn't go anywhere I'm good.  I can't use any of the fall or springs anyway.  Fas and fgp are ok but the others are a no go.  

Valued Contributor

Wouldn't it just be nice that all of the past Seasonals have all of its

ancillary products available?  I would hate to think that one of my favorites

might be retiring and especially when I hadn't stocked up on it.  

I have a feeling the SGGT and WCM are going bye bye.  Wish I had bought some of 

the CCs.  Smiley Sad