WEN

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@bebe777 Thanks for starting the new thread.

I am going to have to do some WEN intervention this weekend. I tend to mix products in with my WEN, but for some reason lately my hair has just been off. I cleanse twice a week and luckily for me I actually keep a hair log.

I need to pinpoint what it could be and I am wondering if it's the dry prime that is not agreeing with my hair. Tonight, I going to do a Oil treatment and put the re-hydrating mask on my wet wet hair, sleep with it overnight and cleanse in the morning to see if my hair bounces back.

@icezeus tell me about your hair log. I schedule cleanses and which CC on a calendar. That way I can take better advantage of opportunities to overnight. I've also learned a lot about when to use a certain CC or not and balancing my protein, fitting in 613 and the uber moisturing CCs. Do you actually record your hair's reactions as well?

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Valued Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

@ANewHue wrote:

Hi girls happy Fall.  Is anyone having trouble signing on?  Funny it lets me sign on to take my orders but not to message on the forum.  This has been going on for days and I'm tired.

@ANewHue Generally if not signed on, I hit reply, it makes me sign in and returns me to the reply page. Just now it let me write a whole response, took me to the login screen where I tried to login in three times. It never said I had the wrong info, it just ignored me. I gave up, came back to the forum where it said I had logged on, but my post was nowhere to be found. So yeah, issues...

I had the same problem yesterday and just gave up on posting, I did realize if I heart something it will log me in but if posting it never acknowledged my password. How strange.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kjelle

I record which formulations that I use, the order of use and quantity. i.e one dropper full of Fig oil.

I also use other styling products besides WEN, so it's important for me to know immediately which products my hair agree with and which one's are a bust.

I have never considered recording my hair's reactions to the different products. I can tell pretty quickly if my hair is off, which is what I go by. I flip back through my log and work on pinpointing the culprit, what am I doing differently.

Esteemed Contributor

@bebe777

I almost had to spit out my coffee. You are very organized, and from my viewpoint very disciplined.  

I liked the idea of dry priming, because I actually found it easier to add to my routine. Put it on dry hair, leave on for a set period of time and move forward with the rest of my cleansing routine. 

I think it's like makeup, some brands or routines work well for some users and not so much for others.

Esteemed Contributor

@HSB1204

That's how my hair feels. I did not notice anything drastic when I first tried this method, but I noticed it this past week. My hair just does not feel light, it feels as if it's clumping together and heavy.

Esteemed Contributor

I tried posting  this the other day and well you know we all had issues with that. Boy did I screw up.  I had my roots done the other day and forgot my mousse before I knew it my stylist used her mousse.  All I could say is YUCK!  It felt like my hair was glued and greased!This is the first time in years something other than WEN has touched my hair. I cwouldn't wait to get home and do my oil treatment which I did for two nights and now I'm doing a remoist.  I cannot wait to have my WEN hair back.  That was a terrible experience and it will NEVER happen again. Lol

Respected Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

Hi girls happy Fall.  Is anyone having trouble signing on?  Funny it lets me sign on to take my orders but not to message on the forum.  This has been going on for days and I'm tired.

@ANewHue I haven't had any problems logging in but I saw some other threads where people said they had similar issues.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@HSB1204

That's how my hair feels. I did not notice anything drastic when I first tried this method, but I noticed it this past week. My hair just does not feel light, it feels as if it's clumping together and heavy.

@icezeus Yes, it seems like my hair only likes Wen on wet hair. If I try applying the CC to dry hair it just tangles and sticks together like crazy.

Respected Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

I tried posting  this the other day and well you know we all had issues with that. Boy did I screw up.  I had my roots done the other day and forgot my mousse before I knew it my stylist used her mousse.  All I could say is YUCK!  It felt like my hair was glued and greased!This is the first time in years something other than WEN has touched my hair. I cwouldn't wait to get home and do my oil treatment which I did for two nights and now I'm doing a remoist.  I cannot wait to have my WEN hair back.  That was a terrible experience and it will NEVER happen again. Lol

@ANewHue I used to use regular mousse before I switched to Wen and I definitely don't miss the feeling of having that in my hair so I can imagine how you felt!

Respected Contributor

@Susan25 wrote:

The only newer seasonal that I haven't tried is the lilac fragrance since I didn't think I would like it.  (I don't really like floral fragrances very much although I really like SOB). If it is included in the December seasonal tsv I would probably still purchase this depending on what other seasonals are included.  Adding a fragrance free cleansing conditioner to both of the December tsv's would be great.  I imagine that this is something that I would like.  

Like you, the only seasonal I haven't tried is SHL for the same reason.  I too did like SOB but SGGT was just ok in scent (wasn't a big fan of the gardenia in it) so I think I might stay away from most of the Spring Floral scents. 

But I'm well stocked on cc's so I'm probably not going to be tempted by the December TSV and I'm not particularly interested in fragrance free as the different scents are a part of their appeal to me.  And if it's a rice formula fragrance free than that would make it even less appealing for me, as I think I do better with the wheat and soy formulas.