WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - NEW - MIF or BGT Texturizing Treatment Spray - $29.96 feature price

@monks wrote:

My sprays are getting ready to ship.  how excited you can get over  something new.Smiley Very Happy  can't wait to try these.

have a great weekend

@monks, YAY!!! Smiley Happy

The Texturizing Treatment Spray (TTS) is one of those products that can be a real game changes, so you excitement makes sense to me. I hope it gives you great summer beachy hair. Smiley Happy

lol, and I hope you get it really soon!! Smiley Happy

Enjoy!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Contributor

@kesstrain Thanks for your reply! 

I have tried the TTS on dry hair, on soaking wet and damp hair. However, I haven't found my go to way to use it yet. My results have been decent but the frizz always returns. Even when braiding it after applying 15 pumps of the TTS, frizz. Maybe I will try to incorporate the oil to my leave in and see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Stars78 - I have frizz as well and have tried many products. Try using 1-2 drops of oil on wet hair - that seems to be taming it somewhat for me. The only thing that really gets rid of the frizz for me is a keratin treatment - voila straight hair - LOL. 

I've used the TTS on wet hair and dry hair. I'm not finding any difference in my volume, wave or curl. 

Regular Contributor

@Stars78 I add oil to both my leave in and my SC. For some reason, this seems to give me the frizz control and curl definition without weighing down my hair. Perhaps it is because I do not have thick hair (just a ton of it) but I tend to get weighed down if I apply the oil alone at any point when my hair is wet. I do use it to touch up my dry hair but always cut it in my hand with RTM- that way I don't overdo it.

As an aside- I returned my TTS- pump stopped working. I know this has been mentioned by others but I have never had this happen to me before. I could have used another bottle but I figured the universe was telling me it wasn't worth it for me.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@riley1 @kesstrain

Thanks for your suggestions ladies!  I am currently doing oil/remoist now. When I cleanse I will definitely try adding the oil. 

I am also considering returning or getting rid of the TTS. I'm going to give it a 5th and final try tomorrow : ( I will decide then.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends! I've left a few reviews now of my process with TTS, but I don't think I posted my final update. I considered returning it, but I found a way to make it work. I am using this now when I want more curl definition, but knowing I will have less volume. I figured out what to do about the dryness/touch of frizz for me - LESS is more! Usually with Wen more is more for me. With the TTS, I put four sprays on my hair total: crown, three hair sections. I add it at the mid point of drying rather than at the beginning. That has made it work for me. I think if I keep playing I might continue to find ways to make it work. 

Honored Contributor

@yisbuff2, and thank you so much for continuing to update us on your TTS experiments. And thanks to everyone else who has been sharing their TTS experience. I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

The main reason I've been holding back on purchasing the TTS is that I have easily damaged, baby fine hair and I'm worried that the TTS might dry my hair out. -- I love the idea of the TTS and if it works for my hair, it could be a game changer... but my hair is so fragile that I want to find out how it works for others for a few months before I finally take the "spritz". Smiley Happy

So thanks so much for continuing to share your results with everyone. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@yisbuff2 - I've tried using the TTS every way I could think of, however, I just saw your note on "less" is more and the way you split up the amounts. I'm going to try it that way next time. But, I think product is just not for my hair - it looks the same whether I use it or not. And, that's ok.

For me, this will definitely not be a repurchase.

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@yisbuff2, and thank you so much for continuing to update us on your TTS experiments. And thanks to everyone else who has been sharing their TTS experience. I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

The main reason I've been holding back on purchasing the TTS is that I have easily damaged, baby fine hair and I'm worried that the TTS might dry my hair out. -- I love the idea of the TTS and if it works for my hair, it could be a game changer... but my hair is so fragile that I want to find out how it works for others for a few months before I finally take the "spritz". Smiley Happy

So thanks so much for continuing to share your results with everyone. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Absolutely @bebe777! The other reviewers help me SO much. As you know I also have fine hair, and that might be why it is drying for me, so it might be drying for you, too. I have found a way to use it, and it might be a repurchase if it is in a configuration I want anyway, but it isn't my holy grail product. It was worth trying just in case!

Perhaps someone will gift you a little bit to test drive.

Trusted Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@yisbuff2 - I've tried using the TTS every way I could think of, however, I just saw your note on "less" is more and the way you split up the amounts. I'm going to try it that way next time. But, I think product is just not for my hair - it looks the same whether I use it or not. And, that's ok.

For me, this will definitely not be a repurchase.

@riley1 I hope it works for you! This is just a great reminder that some products just don't work well for some of us. It smells really good, so I may also just use it on days when I put my wet hair up to give it a touch of body. Not a waste, but not a repurchase. I might get it again in a configuration that includes it.