WEN

Valued Contributor

Re: Wen - NEW - MIF or BGT Texturizing Treatment Spray - $29.96 feature price

@Hilary77 wrote:

Okay, so my hair is completely dry after using the texturizing spray for the first time. I really like it! I can't say that my hair is totally the way I want it to be when it's curly, but it's definitely the best it has ever been. My waves are really wavy/curly. My hair feels super soft with no crunchiness at all. It does not feel sticky. It just makes soft and shiny. I used about 10-12 pumps, but I feel like I could use more next time. The directions say to use 12-20 pumps. I may try using about 16-18 next time. I sprayed some on my waves after it was dry, too. It still does not feel sticky or tacky. It's kind of a cross between the mousse and the Rtm for me. It is soft like the Rtm, but it gives curl definition like the mousse. I can't feel this spray in my hair at all. I like that because I am not one that likes a lot of product. It's definitely a keeper. I can see why so many people love this stuff. This is another great product. I will buy it again.

Thanks, Hilary!  I have the MIF spray and wasn't too impressed with it, but I didn't use enough pumps and used it with the mousse.  I'll try using more pumps without the mousse and see how it goes.  Hopefully, my results will turn out as good as yours!

Honored Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

Okay, so my hair is completely dry after using the texturizing spray for the first time. I really like it! I can't say that my hair is totally the way I want it to be when it's curly, but it's definitely the best it has ever been. My waves are really wavy/curly. My hair feels super soft with no crunchiness at all. It does not feel sticky. It just makes soft and shiny. I used about 10-12 pumps, but I feel like I could use more next time. The directions say to use 12-20 pumps. I may try using about 16-18 next time. I sprayed some on my waves after it was dry, too. It still does not feel sticky or tacky. It's kind of a cross between the mousse and the Rtm for me. It is soft like the Rtm, but it gives curl definition like the mousse. I can't feel this spray in my hair at all. I like that because I am not one that likes a lot of product. It's definitely a keeper. I can see why so many people love this stuff. This is another great product. I will buy it again.

@Hilary77, I'm so glad that the Texturizing Treatment Spray (TTS) worked so well for you. -- btw, did you use the Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) or the Mandarin Italian FIg (MIF) option? 

I am soooo curious about this product, but I want to read a a number of review and watch more presentations before I buy it. lol, I do these things slowly. Smiley Wink

I've also got the Wen Men Paste on my radar. -- If Chaz doesn't offer in in a Wen Men Fathers Day kit this June, then I'll just have to purchase it on it's own. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777, I used the BGT texturizing spray. It gives me about the same results as the mousse, but my hair stays softer. I prefer this over the mousse, but I wasn't blown away once my hair dried. I think this is the best product I have used so far for my curls, but I am still needing something. Maybe, I just need to give up and accept that I like my hair better straight. I do like this better than any other product for my curls. I can't wait to hear more reviews on the best ways to use it. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Esteemed Contributor

@qtrmoonlady1

How do you like the scent ofyour MIF? Is it in line with the rest of the MIF products?

I find the oil is a wee bit too much for me, migraine sensitivity so I mix. Everything else is extremely pleasurable and leaves my hair and bathroom smelling very fresh and green - with great results too. I am well stocked in this selection. L♡ve it! 

Valued Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@qtrmoonlady1

How do you like the scent ofyour MIF? Is it in line with the rest of the MIF products?

I find the oil is a wee bit too much for me, migraine sensitivity so I mix. Everything else is extremely pleasurable and leaves my hair and bathroom smelling very fresh and green - with great results too. I am well stocked in this selection. L♡ve it! 

Hi, Rochelle!  I find the scent of the MIF spray to be very similar to the other MIF products.  When I just sprayed a couple of  pumps, I could smell traces of it throughout the day.  I love MIF, too - one of my favorites!

Esteemed Contributor

@qtrmoonlady1

Ah, Thank you so much! I have the MIF on waitlist. No need to cancel thanks to your input. It appears that I will need the maximum number of recommended pumps or more for my hair. Good to know I'll have a back up coming. 

Hopefully we'll see a restock of this and the Men's paste soon.

Tks again! 

Honored Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

@bebe777, I used the BGT texturizing spray. It gives me about the same results as the mousse, but my hair stays softer. I prefer this over the mousse, but I wasn't blown away once my hair dried. I think this is the best product I have used so far for my curls, but I am still needing something. Maybe, I just need to give up and accept that I like my hair better straight. I do like this better than any other product for my curls. I can't wait to hear more reviews on the best ways to use it. 

@Hilary77, have you tried the Wen Men Paste? 

I haven't tried either the TTS or the Paste yet. I'm holding back until I read more reviews of them. Smiley Happy

I have baby fine hair that is about 6 inches below my shoulders. I have a feeling that a TTS, Paste & Mousse combo will be what I need to get a beachy curl look with added volume: 

* Mousse - volume 

* Texturizing Treatment Spray (TTS) - beach wave

* Wen Men Paste - to hold curl at the ends of my baby fine hair

Of course, that's just theory right now.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777, I haven't tried the paste. I am really thinking I need to give up trying the styling products, lol. The only one I seem to like really well is the styling creme. I am probably the wrong person to ask. I have used the texture balm from time to time. It's okay, but I don't use it often. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor

okay I would like to thank anyone who said the pump needs to be primed because it definitely does.  

After I let the bottle cool down from burning temps - I sprayed it on dry hair and this stuff is "crazy" just kind of makes your hair do whatever you want it to.  So happy I purchased it.

Respected Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

@Hilary77 Thank you for the detailed review! My hair was gotten pretty wavy lately but my issue is always that the waves kind of disappear once my hair dries and then it just looks weird. I'm not sure if the TTS would be right for me. I've tried different products so far and nothing really makes the waves stay so I should probably just stick to straight hair.