WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - NEW - MIF or BGT Texturizing Treatment Spray - $29.96 feature price

@Suz585 wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@yisbuff2@Suz585

Thanks so much for your reviews. I really appreciate reading your results and am excited to receive my BGT on Monday. I am wait listed from the original airing for the MIF too. I wasn't sure about which scent to order. Are you both using MIF? 

Again tks for sharing! 

Hi @rochelleS! I have the BGT. It smells divine.

@rochelleS I've got the BGT. I feel it mixes better with all the scents. Luv it!

@Suz585, I agree. I think Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) would mix well with almost every Wen scent... except maybe the coconut ones which are Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) and Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV)... and Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP). Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Suz585

Thanks Suz! 

I agree with you regarding mixing scents using BGT. That was my original thought when we all started talking about the launch of this item. I like many others was surprised to see the BGT offered. I surely thought it would be sometime down the line. Speed buy! Then my resolve softened and I waitlisted the MIF. I do like this scent alot. It's so fresh and green. Only the oil in this group is a bit strong for me. One the other hand the Remoist is absolutely divine. If the texture spray is somewhere in between I'll be delighted. Hopefully some additional comments will be posted this coming week as the deliveries come in. 

Tks again for sharing! 

Regular Contributor

Tried the new TTS today on second day hair. At first I didn't like it. It reminded me of the "scrunch" sprays we used in the 80's. It seemed sticky and crunchy although it did define my curls. However, I found that by putting in a generous amount of RTM, it took away the crunch. I will try it tomorrow on wet hair.
Valued Contributor

Got my BGT TTS yesterday and used it last night after washing my hair.  

On wet hair it really did define my waves but today my hair feels 

very dry and brittle.  I guess I'm one of those that needs to stay 

away from the amino acids.  I have a lot of BGT and 613 CC and am 

currently using them as facial and body wash.  

And on another note, the pump wasn't priming.  I was pumping it at 

least 30 times before it worked.  Even after it worked it's really hard

to pump.

Well that's my experience with the TTS.   Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

Well with any great WEN product, I feel there is a learning curve. The Texturizing spray doesn't disappoint but I feel there is a learning curve to it. I used it on second day hair and loved it. I used it on soaking wet hair and didn't love it. My hair didn't turn greasy or crunchy it was full of volume (which never happens) but still would not hold a curl. The texture in my hair is amazing I just have to learn how is best to use it. I do like it, I am happy he created it, I just have to figure out the curve. 

**Suz**
Respected Contributor

I am still trying to learn how to get my wavy curls to look good. I have a lot of hair, so when I wear my hair curly, it tends to get "big". I even asked my 7 year old son if he likes my hair curly or straight. He said he likes it better straight. He said when my hair is curly I look like a giraffe!! Lol 😆 I'm not sure where he got that, but he is a character. I like my hair straight, but wearing it wavy is so much easier. I just need to figure out the best products and amounts to use. My TTS should be here any time now. As soon as I get it I will cleanse and report how it goes. I think I am going to try it on towel dried hair first. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

I just cleansed and used my bamboo green tea texturizing spray. I cleansed with summer honey peach cc. I used about a pump of cc as a leave in and a pump of summer honey peach styling creme. I didn't use any mousse. I squeezed the excess water out of my hair and squeezed my hair one time with the towel. My hair was still pretty wet. My hair holds a lot of water. I sprayed on about 10-12 sprays of the BGT Texturizing spray. I combed it through with my Wen comb. I scrunched my hair with my hands. My hair is still wet, but it really makes my curls more prominent. My hair feels really smooth like it will have no frizz when it's dry. It makes my hair sort of stick together so I don't have those random pieces that won't cooperate. That is the best way I can describe it. I can't wait to see it dry!! I will post again once it's dry. So far so good!!

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Hilary77 That's what I'm hoping it will do to my hair. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, so my hair is completely dry after using the texturizing spray for the first time. I really like it! I can't say that my hair is totally the way I want it to be when it's curly, but it's definitely the best it has ever been. My waves are really wavy/curly. My hair feels super soft with no crunchiness at all. It does not feel sticky. It just makes soft and shiny. I used about 10-12 pumps, but I feel like I could use more next time. The directions say to use 12-20 pumps. I may try using about 16-18 next time. I sprayed some on my waves after it was dry, too. It still does not feel sticky or tacky. It's kind of a cross between the mousse and the Rtm for me. It is soft like the Rtm, but it gives curl definition like the mousse. I can't feel this spray in my hair at all. I like that because I am not one that likes a lot of product. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Hilary77

Thank you for your great review. My bamboo spray is to delivered

any time now. I just cleansed and am ready to go...