WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - I love the Wen Treatment Oils :)

@bebe777 wrote:

@Susan25 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

You just wait @Susan25 and @bebe777 till you have a chance to try BGT and MIF oils. Nice. Of course, seasonal oils of you favorite scent are a very special treat too. I really don't know what I like best - I like them all.

Oh my! WEN is wonderful! Heart

Agreed @sonechko! I love the BGT oil. It smells just like the CC but I love how light the scent of the oil is. Heart

@HSB1204 and @sonechko   I am sure that I would love the BGT oil but haven't tried it yet.  I love the scent of BGT and have used the RTM, styling creme and volumizing spray, (got this as part of a tsv or OTO).  I will probably order the BGT oil during the BlackFriday sale.  

@sonechko@HSB1204, and @Susan25, actually I have the Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) Treatment Oil and I really love this scent. Smiley Happy

I picked it up a few months back when it was an OTO for I think around $70-75.It was a crazy good value. I really wanted to try the BGT Oil (as a fragrance) and I wanted a large size (though unfortunately not supersize) BGT Remoist. 

sonechko, I doubt I'll use it as a treatment oil because I love the fragrance too much. 

Susan25, the duo is still available at a great featured price. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___ 

Best Seller
QVC Price: $89.50Featured Price: $81.36

___

@bebe777   Thanks so much for noticing this BGT duo.  If I decide to order any BGT items, I still plan on ordering just the oil on BlackFriday day.  it is $72 on CD site and with 20% off it would be $57.60.  This kit is a good price but would be a bit more than what I would want to pay with shipping and tax added.  I still don't really use the mask very often and currently only have a small size of SAM remoist that I don't use very often.  

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

I noticed you do are doing oil treatments almost every cleanse, @FleaMktQn. And I remember you cleanse every day. Can you tell, if you are experiencing some benefits from frequent oil treatments, if you don't mind, please?

@sonechko I do cleanse almost every day. On Friday & Saturday I cleanse in the evening so I can just get up & out to yard sales as quick as possible Smiley Wink On those days sometimes I do oil for a few hours during the day.

I prefer to cleanse in the morning cuz my hair just isn't as good after I sleep on it no matter what I do Smiley Sad So I almost always do oil overnight when I cleanse in the morning. I think it is helping my hair grow faster, other than that I don't know, but I have lots of oil & I love using it Smiley Very Happy

I use it some on my face, but not much on my body, I'm lucky not to have much dry skin issues Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@bebe777. Glad you finally got to try the oils.  They are very additive. Lol my collection has slowly grown over the past few years.   I love the seasonals.  I use them on my nails everyday and use TT in my foot baths.  It whitens your nails.  I had to give my skin a break for a little bit as you know but couldn't wait to get back to my routine.  I just did a quick inventory of my Fall scents and was a little surprised to see all my scents are almost gone.  Time to restock. Lol

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

@bebe777. Glad you finally got to try the oils.  They are very additive. Lol my collection has slowly grown over the past few years.   I love the seasonals.  I use them on my nails everyday and use TT in my foot baths.  It whitens your nails.  I had to give my skin a break for a little bit as you know but couldn't wait to get back to my routine.  I just did a quick inventory of my Fall scents and was a little surprised to see all my scents are almost gone.  Time to restock. Lol

beaches ( @ANewHue ) lol, it's a good thing that Chaz's Black Friday sale starts today!!! 

Make sure to order early!! 

I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I love the oils too, there are only a few I don't have, but I will eventually try them all Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

It is absolutely true that these oils are addictive. I have been using them for well over two years but I keep falling more and more in love with them.

Its my personal opportunity to pamper myself...after a hard day of work or whatever ridiculous nonsense my day entails...coming home at night and putting this wonderful luxuriant product on my scalp....its just heavenly and oh so decadent! Its also less fattening than eating chocolate!

Valued Contributor

I've always been an oil lover, so when I started wenning I jumped right on the bandwagon! I use them head to toe. I am going to start removing my makeup with an oil and cleansing with cc and my clarisonic too.
Honored Contributor

I've been using the Wen Pomegranate/Rosemary (POM) Treatment on on my under eye circles for about 6 weeks now. FYI, you can find my original post on this -- which a part of the very first post in this thread -- at the very bottom of this current post.

Not only do I have genetic under eye circles but I also have fairly large blue/black/red discolorations on the inner part of the skin which is on either side of my nose.

I decided focus on using the POM oil for my under eye circles because, in one of his periscope videos, Chaz had mentioned how the rosemary oil in this product helped to stimulate hair growth. -- I knew that rosemary oil was good for circulation, so I decided to try it out. 

__

3-5 times each day, I would apply the POM oil in this manner: 

* one drop on each under eye area

* one drop on each side of my face directly below the under eye area

* one drop on my nose 

* one drop on each side, circling the outside of my eye and including my eyebrows

Eventually, with my fingertip, I began massaging the the under eye area and the areas on the inside of my nose. -- I massage each area for about 30 seconds. 

Initially I had been using the Wen Tea Tree (TT) Treatment Oil, but that sometimes stung my eyes a bit (if i got too close to my eyes). The POM oil doesn't sting my eyes and I think it promotes circulation even better than the TT oil.

__

What's still amazing to me is that these circles keep getting lighter and lighter.

The dark areas on either side on my nose have gotten much lighter and diminished in size especially since I started massaging the oil into those areas. -- The change has been so remarkable that the top part of the bridge of my nose actually looks wider. That's because of the reduction in blue/black shading. Smiley Happy

At this point, I still do have under eye circles, but I would say that they've been diminished in size and/or in dark color by between 60-75% in six weeks. 

__ 

If this treatment eventually tapers off and I still do have some under eye circles, then I will probably try one of the under eye products recommended in the Beauty Forum. -- Dimitri  from the Skinn brand (shows on evine) has an under eye product which contains an ingredient that can apparently lighten the under eye pigments... but, from my perspective, this is more akin to bleaching the blue/black color away. -- Over the years, I had used a number of under eye product which were all useless. Evidently, Dimitri's Skinn product contains an ingredient that I hadn't tried before.

For now though, I prefer using the POM oil because the rosemary in the POM oil is actually improving the circulation in my under eye area and sweeping the dark pigment (from blood vessels) away. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

from my original post in this thread about using Wen on my under eye circles....

In addition to clearing up my face, the Wen Treatment Oils have had another great benefit. 

I have what I call raccoon eyes because I've always had these big purple half circles under my eyes (it's genetic, I'm a sound sleeper and I get 8 hours of sleep). Diosmin supplements (for veinous circulation) and Vitamin K2 (to "clean up" blood clotting) have helped, as has my Vitamix green smoothie part of my diet (even more K2). My Clarisonic has also helped a bit, but that's only reduced the size of the circles. -- Over the years, I've tried a number of cosmetic products, but they've all been useless... until Wen. Smiley Happy

[In mid November], I was looking in the mirror and I thought that I looked much younger, so I tried to figure out what was different about my face. After a few minutes, I realized that my under eye circles had been getting smaller (and they are getting smaller and smaller). 

I am amazed because it didn't even occur to me that this could happen. I'm guessing that the same oils which stimulate scalp circulation (and encourage hair growth) are also encouraging better circulation on my face which is great. 

___

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Below is some additional information about the benefits of he Wen Pomegranate/Rosemary (POM) Treatment Oil which is available in Hilary's wenderful Benefits of Oils thread. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

_____

POMEGRANATE ROSEMARY TREATMENT OIL -- ingredients

Ingredients:  Jojoba Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Coco-
Caprylate/Caprate, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Essential Oil Blend,
Pomegranate Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Tocopherol.

___

POMEGRANATE ROSEMARY TREATMENT OIL BENEFITS -- Hilary's original post

Pomegranate Rosemary Oil - revitalizes dull, dry hair, provides elasticity to skin, helps with wrinkles, helps eczema and psoriasis, helps collagen production. Rosemary oil- promotes hair growth and thickness, darkens hair-good for grays. Grapefruit Peel oil-promotes hair growth, treats dandruff, adds shine, regulates oil.

___

POMEGRANATE ROSEMARY TREATMENT OIL -- Benefits of Key Ingredients -- from HBNY74's message #8 of this thread

Jojoba oil: conditions, nourishes, hydrates hair/scalp, antibacterial, cleanses scalp, unclogs hair follicles

Sesame oil: nourishes, strengthens, antibacterial, antifungal, reduces inflammation, reduces dandruff, promotes hairgrowth

Olive oil: repairs, softens, hair/scalp

Argan oil: nourishes, moisturizes, eliminates frizz, improves hair elasticity

Abyssinian oil: moisturizes, hydrates hair/scalp

Pomegranate oil: antioxidant, astrigent, hydrating

Rosemary leaf oil: antioxidant, stimulates hair growth, fights scalp problems

Grapefuit peel: oil promotes hair growth

_____

Trusted Contributor

Hi all! I hope you won't mind me reviving this topic! I'm writing to ask if anyone has had more success with a particular oil for their body skin. I can't use TT, and clearly POM for the face is Tres Amaze, but otherwise I'm wondering if anyone has found one to be more/less absorable on the body.

My winter skin is way dry, and currently I use philosophy body lotion. It puts a layer of protection on my skin, which is great, but I don't feel truly hydrated if that makes sense. I've tried other oils, like Josie Maran, and even olive oil and coconut oil. Mostly they don't absorb (see a trend?) although they do offer a barrier.  It may be just one of those things where I have to experiment, or perhaps I have mutant skin that rejects all oils. I just would also love some guidance before I drop those Wenjamins.

TIA if you have any recommendations!