WEN

Occasional Contributor

I am currently using Lavender which I'm loving ALL the products in that line and the smell and it gives me great volume which I need.  However my ends need more moisture.  I do use 1 pump CC on my ends as a leave in perhaps using 2 pumps will help.  I'll try that next time I wash.

I do use 613 in the mousse.  Would 613 or Fig CC using only on my ends be a better option?  Which is more moisturizing 613 or Fig CC?  I have damaged dry ends and I am not ready to cut it off yet.Smiley Happy  Which would you suggest?

Valued Contributor

My hair hates 613. I can't use any of the 613 products. I have dry, thin, frizzy hair and the seasonals have worked but the best is Fig and Tea Tree. I could not use Lavender either. Very drying. Fig is moisturizing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen 613 vs Fig?

[ Edited ]

@EvieJ wrote:

I am currently using Lavender which I'm loving ALL the products in that line and the smell and it gives me great volume which I need.  However my ends need more moisture.  I do use 1 pump CC on my ends as a leave in perhaps using 2 pumps will help.  I'll try that next time I wash.

I do use 613 in the mousse.  Would 613 or Fig CC using only on my ends be a better option?  Which is more moisturizing 613 or Fig CC?  I have damaged dry ends and I am not ready to cut it off yet.Smiley Happy  Which would you suggest?

@EvieJ welcome to th Wen forum and the wenderful world of Wen!! Smiley Happy 

Fig CC is going to give you the most moisture. -- 613 CC works really well for some people but others find it drying especially if they use it too often.

If you have healthy hair, in particular, then using 613 CC too often can make it more brittle. 613 CC has the most concentrated amino acid complex, but healthy hair doesn't really need that much amino acid complex. 

In contrast, I have thin/fine hair and I could literally bathe my hair in 613 CC without any adverse consequences... it fact, as an experiment, I once kept 613 CC on my hair for about 2-3 days straight. It did help my hair, but I discovered that there's only so much that 613 CC can do to strengthen my hair structure. 

My suggestion would be to dry prime (Wen - priming dry hair) with 613 CC (for about 10 minutes) and use that for the first cleanse. This will give the amino acids in 613 CC a bit of time to do some hair repair.

Use FIG for the second cleanse, because that's the most moisturising. Then put FIG CC back into your hair as part of your leave in. 

Keep an eye on your hair to see if 613 CC is making it brittle. If that doesn't seem to be the case, then you might try using 613 CC for your first and second cleanses, and using FIG CC as your leave in for moisture. 

Note: With damaged hair, I think it can be tricky to know in advance just how much 613 CC your hair will be happy with. 

I'm sure you'll get a number of different suggestions from people, lol, so you can try them all out. Smiley Happy

Best of luck!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

My hair too really does not like 613. I think (but not sure) the 613 has more protien than the core CC's. I have to stay away from too much protien. My core is Pom but now and then I use Fig because it is very moisturizing and my hair reacts very well to it. I  have a slight allergy to wheat so I can't use it as much as I would like. If you are looking for moisture I would definately give Fig a try.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EvieJ wrote:

I hate to say this to you EvieJ, but as much as you want to keep your length, you know it yourself, the damaged ends have to go. They are not going to become "undamaged" very unfortunately.

They may appear more moist , better looking, and stop splitting with Wen moisturizing formulas like Fig and with Wen Oil overnight treatments, but they will still be always thinner and more pitifully looking, than the rest of your Wen hair.

I know, I am having the same issue right now - 1/3 of my hair length is "pre-Wen", and my bottom third is quite different from the rest of my Wen hair. And I know - it is going to stay this way until the day I cut it off. Very unfortunately.

Even if you do not cut much, just a tiny bit a couple times, so you are not loosing the length you like - it will help your hair style and look a LOT! It will even help your hair to feel better.

I want longer length a lot!  But, I've made a decision for myself and going to go for a TRIM as soon as next week. I am going to tell a hairdresser - if he cuts a millimeter more than I want - I'll start screaming! I am not going to cut all the ends, but a little bit only for starters.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

P.S. If you can, get yourself a Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner and TT Oil for overnight oil treatments. Or even this TSV in Tea Tree! Your hair will start growing really fast!

Honored Contributor

I just have to SHOUT-OUT here!  Forgive me OK?

Last month I had the LAST of the POO hair cut from my shoulder length hair  !!

It was about 3- 4 inches past my shoulders and I said CUT!  My stylist said "Drythe, are you sure?"  I said "Go for it!"  I'm so happy!

THANK YOU WEN!

Wen 613 vs Fig?

In my case it's both!  Sorry, but it is.  

~ Fig - gives the bottom 3/4 of my hair moisture.  (I've pretty much moved on to MIF instead of FIG, but keep an emergency CC of FIG just in case.)  ~ And 613 as leave in, or as once a week 2nd cleanse keeps it healthy.

*** I do not eat meat, so this may be why the protein is good for me?  Someone smarter than me would have to answer that.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

My core Formulas are TT & Fig. I need Fig for the moisture. I can only use 613 once every other week. If I use it more often it dries out my hair terribly.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

It was about 3- 4 inches past my shoulders and I said CUT!  My stylist said "Drythe, are you sure?"  I said "Go for it!"  I'm so happy!

THANK YOU WEN!

Wen 613 vs Fig?

~ Fig - gives the bottom 3/4 of my hair moisture.  (I've pretty much moved on to MIF instead of FIG, but keep an emergency CC of FIG just in case.)  ~ And 613 as leave in, or as once a week 2nd cleanse keeps it healthy.

*** I do not eat meat, so this may be why the protein is good for me?  Someone smarter than me would have to answer that.

@Drythe congrats, you are a lion among Wenners!!! It's a woderful feeling when the last of your pre-Wen hair is gone.

YAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

THANK YOU WEN!

Wen 613 vs Fig?

Woman Happy  Drythe! You are my hero! Reading your post made me think: "I CAN be THIS brave too!!! I can go in and just cut ALL of that POO hair OFF! I can do it!"

The best part is, I KNOW it is even going to look GREAT! ...........and then I remembered - I won't be able to sniff my hair any longer, if I cut this much...... Ohhhhhhh, bummer!

This is one of my latest favorite Wen-related things to do - to smell Wen in my hair! Love it.

For this pleasure alone, I will cut only a tiny-tiny bit to spruce it up a little, but as long as I can pull my hair up to my nose, I am willing to live with a POO hair for awhile.

Honestly, THIS is why my THREE Tea Tree TSV Kits were ordered - for my hair to grow out FASTER!!! I do not want to have POO hair forever!