WEN

Respected Contributor

Well, that's a great way to lose a sale, Q.

I clearly need not buy the upcoming TSV, since I don't like some of the seasonal selections, am allergic to one of the classic selections, and can't find a way to trade the rice-based selections I don't use.   Oh, and I have no family to gift any of them to, they're all dead, and I don't think Goodwill takes personal care products as donations.

Respected Contributor

Re: Well, that's a great way to lose a sale, Q.

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP wrote:

I clearly need not buy the upcoming TSV, since I don't like some of the seasonal selections, am allergic to one of the classic selections, and can't find a way to trade the rice-based selections I don't use.   Oh, and I have no family to gift any of them to, they're all dead, and I don't think Goodwill takes personal care products as donations.

@CamilleP

Sorry you're unhappy.  I don't use that product so have no idea what to tell you.

Just as an FYI, Goodwill does take new, unopened personal care products.  I've seen many on their auction website, including WEN product.  shopgoodwill.com

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think that the Q really cares about one lost sale. There was probably someone who bought it for the first time for specifically some of the reasons you didn't want it. 

Honored Contributor

Just because the upcoming TSV isn't for you, there are way more that want, will use and will buy it.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP for future reference it is against forum rules to buy, sell, or trade products. As a result, your post in another thread was removed because you mentioned you would like trade or swap products in your other post. The moderater was just enforcing the forum rules and not there from a customer service standpoint. There are some private social media groups for Wen lovers on Facebook. I'm not sure if they sell or swap in those groups since I am not currently a member.

I only purchased a TSV in the Rice based but don't love all the formulas. I prefer BGT, but my son likes MIF, so I am not wasting my money for anything unwanted. I really only want 2 of the scents in the seasonal set, so it will not be cost effective for me to buy unless I am gifting the others. There were several others on this forum that mentioned they were skipping this TSV because they don't want the configurations offered, so you are not alone.

May I suggest that if you were interested in donating unwanted personal care products, domestic violence shelters for women and children or a shelter for victims of sex trafficking could benefit from such a donation. I know first hand from previously working in such a shelter that we never could have enough of these items. These women usually need to get out of an unsafe situation quickly and may not be able to pack toiletries or other personal care items. If you could be there to see the looks of relief and delight that it gives to these women that we have cleansing conditioner, shampoo, cleansers, skincare products, tampons, maxi pads, deodorant or even makeup on hand. It is nice to have a simple pleasure when your world is falling apart. 

Respected Contributor

Diva1Donna, thank you, I had completely forgotten that avenue of donation, shame on me!  That's an excellent idea, I will consider that when the TSV rolls around!

Respected Contributor

You sound like you're hurting badly.  I feel your pain.  My relatives are all gone too except two sisters who don't give a hoot about me.  They only communicate with each other.  Oh, they act coldly cordial like on my birthday they send me a card but strangers treat me with more feeling than they do.  The other posters are right though.  Good will does take products that are unopened.  QVC is actually a very good company.  I've had nothing but the best of service from them.  Ask God to take away or at least make the pain go down so that it's manageable.  Hope you feel better soon.

Respected Contributor

Please people, leave this poor person alone.  Can't you see they're hurting?  We all lash out when we hurt.  Don't forget the biggest holidays that society celebrate are coming up and they seem alone.  How would you feel?  Let's stop hurting each other and try to understand.  Thank you.

Valued Contributor

An unspoken thing in our country is a LOT of people are alone during the holidays. I lost my parents when I was very young and my remaining family is on the other side of the country. Seriously wish we had places for singles and people without families to gather during the holidays. I'm lucky to have community and good friends but so many people have no family and people rarely talk about it. So OP thanks for sharing because people are afraid to talk about it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, but please don't feel sorry for me, my commentary was related far more to the often incomprehensible policies at the Q that seem to discourage rather than encourage purchasing.  I know that large corporations are forced to practice CYA policies because people will sue anyone for anything and juries are made up of people are with no common sense or decency that are only too happy to give out money for no good reason whatsoever, but the entire situation is just pitifully ridiculous.