WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Well, it's time for TRUTH, or how many TSVs you've already ordered???

@Laura14 wrote:

I'm still protesting my FAS' unjust banishment.  Smiley Mad

Actually, I do have a sister and mother birthday next month and I'm looking to give them some Wen.  I'm kind of torn between a TSV to split up between them and moi or one of the new kits that @bebe777 has been nice enough to highlight.  Decisions, decisions... 

@Laura14 Have you thought about doing both???Smiley Wink

You've mentioned you haven't tried MIF, great opportunity here, & it has a nice Strong scent Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I started to skip this TSV because I don't need any more CC at the moment due to my recent buying spree. I am also saving up for my precious WWC oil when it returns.😈 I would love to get a set of each option for the value, but that would be irrational with so much product in my stash. However, I am down my last 16oz of BGT with an upcoming AD of the March TSV left. I don't need any core CCs due to the Sept. TSV. I opted for only 1 set of the Rice Based formulas on AD.

I am considering a seasonal set for gift giving and to keep the SHP and SCLV for myself. I didn't try SCLV CC this summer but did purchase the Mousse/SC to go with the SMC in my stash. I like the smell of the styling products but the rest of SMC stash was gifted to my son when my hair revolted against it my last use. I hope SCLV CC will not do the same. I didn't care for SHL, so I will have to see if the FF helps to tone it down along with CCs I don't particularly care for on their own. I will make my decision on additional purchases based on how my mixology experiments with FF turn out.

Esteemed Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

I ordered 1 TSV of the rice & 1 of the seasonals, on AD Smiley Wink

That's more than I can use before the March TSV Smiley Embarassed & you know we're gonna want that Woman Wink

Got 3 Sept TSVs on AD coming this month.

But I do share a little Smiley Surprised very little Smiley EmbarassedSmiley Wink

Yes, buying more, @FleaMktQn, makes us share more..... And in a case of WEN - sharing is not necessarily a "good thing"! Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@FleaMktQn  You read my mind!  I'm sitting here distracting myself from work because Wen purchases are much more important than Boss Satan's list.  My mother has tried MIF and liked it so I was thinking of getting that and possibly taking half for myself and stocking her up with some of my TSV addons.  

My only hesitation is I have tried one of the kid's versions (watermelon I think) and I really wasn't crazy about it at all.  Anyone know if the grown up rice versions are pretty similar to the kid's performance wise?  I know there is menthol in the grownups but I'm curious to see if the BGT and MIF are pretty close to kids.  If they are, I may put my $80 bucks elsewhere.  

Trusted Contributor

I probably won't be ordering any. Here's the thing, the price is fabulous if you will actually use all five formulas in the set. It's still a good price if you will only use four of the five formulas. It's probably even justifiable if you will only use three out of five. But if you will only use 1 or 2, then it stops making sense. Even moreso if you already have a huge stash like I do. I learned that it's hard to give WEN to people who don't already use it or aren't already interested in it. How would I rationalize this purchase?

Cores: I hate the scent of LAV and FIG would be way too moisturizing for me. I love TT and like POM. SAM is OK for me, but there are lots I like better. Given I already have a huge stash, the SAM is realistically not going to get used. And I have tons of TT and POM already on A-D thanks to the Sept TSV, so more just doesn't make any kind of sense.

Seasonals: I hate coconut. I already have a stash of SHP & SHL. I still have two 16ozs each of WVM & FGP from last year's TSV that I haven't tried yet. The scents aren't really that appealing to me (not bad, just not my thing). OK, if I tried WVM & FGP in the next couple of weeks and happened to just LOVE them, maybe I'd consider this set, but I still wouldn't need it.

Rice: I don't like the scent of MIF unless mixed with significant quantities of BGT, 613 or FTP. I already have quite a lot of BGT on hand from the March TSV. I would probably only use the FF as a mixer. I like the aromatherapy experience of the CCs that I love, so I don't really need FF.

Now, if the Seasonals set included SOB, SHL, SHP, FTP & WWC, I'd have to buy that, in spite of having a big stash already. I love all five and at that price I wouldn't be able to pass it up. So it's probably just as well that isn't the set they are offering. Woman Embarassed

Regular Contributor

I haven't ordered yet but will be getting at least one of the seasonal sets. I am always fully stocked with wen but this is a great deal! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

@sonechko, thanks so much for starting this thread, and thanks for sharing this important information: 

For me, because, even though I do not need anything at the moment, $17.62 per 16 oz CC with shipping and tax on A/D?!, twisted my arm, and got me a order of each TSV! ❤️

May I stress out again - $17.62 per bottle on A/D!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ This means $35 and change for a 32 oz of CC, shipped and taxed! More ❤️❤️❤️

Yay!!!! Smiley Happy 

This is the very bestest Wen Cleansing Conditioner value for the year!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Ok, I'll spill... though you already know what I'm ordering. I've bagged one Seasonal TSV and one Restorative TSV.

And, of course, I chose the auto delivery plan which will have a second shipment in June 2016 at the $79.90 price!!! Smiley Happy I'll be upping my quantities on the second order. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy ❤️ Smiley Happy

Please, allow me to do an additional math - this TSV translates into about $143 a Gallon of WEN CCs, shipped and taxed! It's a "Wow" price.

Well, I do realize, this is in a variety of CCs, and not in our favorite choice. Never-the-less - Price is Right!

For me, at the moment, All WEN is my Favorite!

Yesterday late afternoon I washed with 613 first, Fig second - my hair is like so amazingly good and clean! Yesterday and today. Love all WEN formulas, and love to switch them up all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@FleaMktQn  You read my mind!  I'm sitting here distracting myself from work because Wen purchases are much more important than Boss Satan's list.  My mother has tried MIF and liked it so I was thinking of getting that and possibly taking half for myself and stocking her up with some of my TSV addons.  

My only hesitation is I have tried one of the kid's versions (watermelon I think) and I really wasn't crazy about it at all.  Anyone know if the grown up rice versions are pretty similar to the kid's performance wise?  I know there is menthol in the grownups but I'm curious to see if the BGT and MIF are pretty close to kids.  If they are, I may put my $80 bucks elsewhere.  

lol! @Laura14! " Boss Satan's list"! Woman LOL How true.

Well, I do have Kiddy Apple, and even if it is okay CC to wash my hair with, and if I did not try any other WEN I would be like so happy with it.

But I still use it only as a body wash, and it's amazing this way! This is because I am "spoiled" by other, more sophisticated WEN formulas, and Kiddy WEN just is not "sophisticated" enough cleanser for me.

And - NO! MIF and BGT are nothing like Kiddy's WEN. They are super complex and I will use the word "sophisticated" again, and their ingredients panels do very much illustrate this, if you chose to compare them to WEN Watermelon.

I personally think, you should give the Rice Formula TSV a chance, especially that you are about to loose your favorite FAS CC.

Honored Contributor

@FleaMktQn  Thank you!  I just might take the plunge then and cross her and me off the list.  Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

I'm still protesting my FAS' unjust banishment.  Smiley Mad

Actually, I do have a sister and mother birthday next month and I'm looking to give them some Wen.  I'm kind of torn between a TSV to split up between them and moi or one of the new kits that @bebe777 has been nice enough to highlight.  Decisions, decisions... 

@Laura14 Pouting won't get you what you want Smiley Sad

But it is very entertaining Smiley LOL

Buy the WEN Smiley Wink Be Happy Smiley Very Happy