WEN

Super Contributor

Well balanced story re: problems with WEN

Just sharing...not trying to stir this up again. 

About a week ago on WGN Chicago, they did a news story about the lawsuit and interviewed someone from a lab.

The upshot was that the guy they interviewed said, there wasn't anything in the ingredients list that would make someone's hair fall out, but the big variable was fragrance.  He said fragrance can mean anything.  Then they started talking about how beauty products are not overseen by any agency, like food is.  And he spent a lot of time talking about allergies, and how frangrance is the culprit for many allergies.

Naturally, because I am a WEN girl, I thought it was a very balanced report.  It doesn't say it can't cause hair loss, but basically any product has the potential to cause hair loss.

Michele

Frequent Contributor

Re: Well balanced story re: problems with WEN

Thanks for sharing! I love my wen and will continue to use it, I haven't had hair loss problems. BTW Michele is my name too, and we even spell it the same 😊

Honored Contributor

IMO the bottom line here  is people need to take responsibility for their own health and well being. Who would continue to use a product that is no doubt irritating and causes your hair to fall out! Some people may take Chaz too literally when he sells his products and not listen to their  own bodies because they want his product to work for them just like it does for most of us. The way the law reads, who knows how this will turn out for anyone.

Contributor

It is also possible that some people ordered from disreputable sources (like some Amazon sellers) and the product they received was a fake. 

Honored Contributor

@TKeys wrote:

It is also possible that some people ordered from disreputable sources (like some Amazon sellers) and the product they received was a fake. 

I hadn't thought of that.  It seems to me that the plaintiffs in this case would have to produce the bottles of WEN that they claim made their hair fall out, so that the ingredients could be checked.

You made a good point!

Super Contributor

How about the people that ordered from qvc and experienced hair loss over a period of time using wen for several years and not relizing it might just be wen, and the Ingredients causing serious hair loss.
Honored Contributor

Hope you find happiness with your Redkin shampoo.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@theatrebiz wrote:

Just sharing...not trying to stir this up again. 

About a week ago on WGN Chicago, they did a news story about the lawsuit and interviewed someone from a lab.

The upshot was that the guy they interviewed said, there wasn't anything in the ingredients list that would make someone's hair fall out, but the big variable was fragrance.  He said fragrance can mean anything.  Then they started talking about how beauty products are not overseen by any agency, like food is.  And he spent a lot of time talking about allergies, and how frangrance is the culprit for many allergies.

Naturally, because I am a WEN girl, I thought it was a very balanced report.  It doesn't say it can't cause hair loss, but basically any product has the potential to cause hair loss.

Michele

I posted  about this same artiicle a week ago  and it can possibly  be the fragrance  for they do not list what makes up the fragrance on the bottle. For example I had terrible eczema  that would never go away no matter what medication I took  but as soon as I switched to a fragrance free laundry detergent  the ezema  is finally going away  so apparently  something  in the fragrance was causing  a skin reaction so it can possibly be  the same kind of issue  but I would think they would have ran some sort of tests on this?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dancingqueen wrote:
How about the people that ordered from qvc and experienced hair loss over a period of time using wen for several years and not relizing it might just be wen, and the Ingredients causing serious hair loss.

And it might just be something else.  It could be a different cause for each person and going on simple hearsay doesn't help prove anything.  Each case would have to be investigated for other causes and narrowed down to find the exact reason.

A person can't just say "I used WEN and suffered hair loss.  Therefore, the cause is WEN."  There has to be irrefutable, substantiated scientific proof to back up these claims.  Otherwise, they're just rumor and gossip.

A person may think WEN is the cause.  That doesn't make it true.

Respected Contributor

Yeah, have a good time with your "Redken".  Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!  (cracking up)!!  Good one, Dryth!!!  Why don't you people leave Chaz alone.  WEN IS PATENTED  okay?  Stop being jealous or carpet bagging.  Look at the clinicals too while you're enjoying your shampoo.  Anyone that does not want their Wen AND it's from QVC?  Send it to me.