WEN

Contributor

Has anyone noticed a difference in scent between the WEN Men CC and oil?

I've used the CC for over a year and love it.  So I recently ordered the oil and I find it is too strong of a peppermint scent.  Where are the nice spice and amber notes?

I do see that there is peppermint oil as an ingredient in the oil but I don't see it in the CC.  But this is not what I expected.  I wanted the oil for treatment of course but more so wanted "Amber Woods" scent for my 319 NBT.

Does anyone else notice this or did I get an "off" bottle?  When I received it, it doesn't sound full.  When I shake it and with the bottle being black, I can't tell if maybe I got a problem bottle.

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN men oil scent

[ Edited ]

@gemslily, welcome to the Wen forum and the wenderful world of Wen!! Smiley Happy

I'm really glad that you started this thread. -- I just opened my Men Wen Cleansing Conditioner and Treatment Oil. I was also surprised to find that the these two items in the Wen Men line each smelled different on me.

One thing I was confused about is that I'm sure I remember Chaz mentioning that it contained Tahitian Vanilla, but I only see vanillan as an ingredient in each of these products and no Tahitian Vanilla.

I checked Chaz's site and was interested to find that he gives different scent descriptions for these two products: 

* Wen Men Cleansing Conditioner -- WEN MEN Hair and Body Cleansing Conditioner is a new, universal formula infused with Amber, Bamboo, Cardamom and Ginger Root extracts...

* Wen Men Treatment Oil -- The combination of jojoba, abyssinian, bergamot and other essential oils moisturize without being greasy.

I've also included the ingredients decks for these two products at the very end of this post.

___

Wen Men Cleansing Conditioner - the scent

I've used Wen Men CC on my hands at night before bedtime and I can still smell it on my hands when I woke up the following morning. So I'd call it a long lasting scent. It's a great scent to wake up to. Smiley Happy

I can finally understand why other Wenners have found it so difficult to describe the scent... lol, because it's difficult for me to describe. 

What I like about the Wen Men CC scent is it's oriental notes, though I couldn't really tell you what those notes are. It has a light spiciness to it, but it's not a heavy duty spiciness (which I don't like). It's like little pops of champagne bubble spiciness but it also has a gentle warmness to it.

The reason I call the scent oriental is that it smells exotic, exciting, mysterious and sensual. -- If you like oriental scents, I think this scent would work equally well for both men and women. Smiley Happy

In terms of scents, I tend to gravitate towards floral and a few scents that have a subtle vanilla note. I also like a few oriental scents (specifically Shalimar and Obsession), but I tend not to like most of them.

I can't smell the Vanilla but I know that it's there enhancing the other notes. I can tell by how the other notes are enhanced by the vanilla. -- I don't like fragrances that have a vanilla note that I can actually identify (ugg!).

I think there may also be a subtle musk note that bumps up the scent but that you can barely tell is there (again, this is good because I don't like smelling musky notes... ugg!).

I can't stand the smell of patchouli, so I'm glad to report that I can't smell the patchouli ingredient in it at all. Yay!!! Smiley Happy

I assumed that Wen Men would probably be unisex/men's oriental scent and I think that's probably the best way to describe it. To me it seems like a "woodsy" oriental scent... though, lol, I'm not that clear on what a "woodsy" scent really is. Smiley Wink

___

Wen Men Treatment Oil -- the scent 

Unfortunately, in contrast with the Wen Men CC, the Wen Men Treatment Oil scent disappears from my skin in a few minutes.

While there might be a bit of a oriental scent to Wen Men, I'd really be pushing it to say that it's an oriental scent. 

What I said above about the oriental scent, the subtle hint of vanilla and musk might also apply... I think I might smell a slight touch of all of that in here... but, for me, the overwhelming note smells a bit like Cypress extract to me. I'm guessing that this would make the scent a "woodsy" scent. It does also have a warmness to it as well.

What's also confusing is that the fifth ingredient in this is simply labeled "fragrance"... lol, which makes it even more difficult to describe... no clues there. Smiley Wink

Once again, I can't stand the smell of patchouli, so I'm glad to report that I can't smell the patchouli ingredient in the Treatment Oil either. Yay!!! Smiley Happy

Overall, I happen to love the scent of Cypress, so the Wen Men Treatment Oil works well for me... but it does smell a lot different from the Wen Men Cleansing Conditioner scent. 

___

My thoughts...

I'm really curious to get some feedback on how other Wenners feel the Wen Men Cleansing Conditioner scent compares to the Treatment Oil scent. 

@77yangya and @FleaMktQn, I know that both of you are Wen Men fans. What do you think? Smiley Wink

This is probably a great time to talk about it since, from what I've read, Chaz will be coming out with a new Wen Men kit to celebrate Fathers Day. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

______

Wen Men Cleansing Conditioner 

description (from Chaz's site) -- WEN MEN Hair and Body Cleansing Conditioner is a new, universal formula infused with Amber, Bamboo, Cardamom and Ginger Root extracts

__

Wen Men Cleansing Conditioner - ingredients

•   Water

•   Cetearyl Alcohol

•   Bamboo Water

•   Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey

•   Behentrimonium Methosulfate

•   Cetyl Alcohol

•   Bamboo Extract

•   Amber Extract

•   Eucalyptus Oil

•   Ginger Root Extract

•   Bergamot Fruit Extract

•   Patchouli Leaf Extract

•   Coriander Extract

•   Cardamomum Seed Extract

•   Vanillin

•   Aloe Vera Leaf Extract

•   Rosemary Leaf Extract

•   Wild Cherry Fruit Extract

•   Goji Fruit Extract

•   Acai Fruit Extract

•   Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract

•   Marigold Flower Extract

•   Green Tea Extract

•   Seaweed Extract

•   Passion Fruit Flower Extract

•   Ruby Red Grapefruit Extract

•   Meyer Lemon Fruit Extract

•   Lemon Peel Extract

•   Orange Flower Extract

•   Green Tea Leaf Extract

•   White Tea Leaf Extract

•   Rooibos Red Tea Extract

•   Black Tea Leaf Extract

•   Menthol

•   Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5)

•   Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1

•   Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7

•   L-Valine

•   L-Threonine

•   L-Proline

•   L-Isoleucine

•   L-Phenylaline

•   L-Histidine

•   L-Alanine

•   L-Serine

•   L-Arginine

•   L-Aspartic Acid

•   Glycine

•   Hydrolyzed Rice Protein

•   Glycerin

•   PCA

•   Sodium Lactate

•   Sodium PCA

•   Citric Acid

•   Amodimethicone

•   Carbomer

•   Polysorbate-60

•   Polysorbate-20

•   Tetrasodium EDTA

•   Butylene Glycol

•   Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine

•   Methylchloroisothiazolinone

•   Methylisothiazolinone

______

Wen Men Treatment Oil 

description -- The combination of jojoba, abyssinian, bergamot and other essential oils moisturize without being greasy.

__

Wen Men Treatment Oil - ingredients

•   Jojoba Seed Oil

•   Sesame Seed Oil

•   Abyssinian Seed Oil

•   Coco-Caprylate/Caprate

•   Fragrance

•   Tea Tree Leaf Oil

•   Rosemary Leaf Oil

•   Eucalyptus Oil

•   Peppermint Oil

•   Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

•   Green Tea Leaf Extract

•   Ginger Root Extract

•   Bergamot Fruit Extract

•   Coriander Extract

•   Cardamomum Seed Extract

•   Vanillin

•   Amber Extract

•   Orange Flower Extract

•   Patchouli Leaf Extract

•   Passion Fruit Flower Extract

•   Glycerin

•   Water

______

Wen Men duo special price (great value) at QVC

______

Respected Contributor

Yes!  I feel the same way.  Wen Men oil is a bit different from the CC.  The oil is a bit stronger on the woodsy side but after it dries down the other notes come through but not like the CC or the styling creme.  The styling creme is more on the ginger and vanilla to me.  You described it very well.  The notes I get are woodsy, ginger, vanilla and a kind of "powdery" but in a very subtle way.  I'm dying to know what the Wen Men kit is.  I've asked Wen Dooters and she said no RTM.  The oil does not stay on me for very long.  I use the oil on my scalp night before cleansing and that stays on long but I can't keep my scalp oiled all the time, of course.  I really have fallen in love with the scent.  It gives me this feeling of long ago and I don't even know why.  It reminds me of a fresh hair cut.  I keep a few auto deliveries of the CC of Wen Men.  I would flip out if Chaz made a body lotion or an EDP but I guess that's a bit too much to hope for but whatever it is I've already made up my mind to get it.  The CC is so amazing, it's woodsy but vanilla-y and ginger all together but it's a soft fragrance that just grabs me inside.  It's balanced perfectly.  I put Wen Men on my arms before bed so I can fall asleep smelling it.  It's the most beautiful scent I've ever known.