Re: WEN Users Does This Look Familiar?

Esteemed Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

......and "Oy" again!

@sonechko I'd so be slapping those hands... yuuck

Esteemed Contributor

My finger slipped and posted my partial reply. For some reason Edit isn't working for me tonight. So editing to add... yuuck that kiss looks so very inappropriate to me. Creepy. Shudder.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS!  Creepy is good! It's Haloween time! Woman Happy

edited to inquire - is he trying to do that famous Chaz' Kiss??

Contributor

It's kind of sad.  I used to use his products and at that time (1995) I liked them. However, when I started using WEN, I had no idea how good my hair could look.  Chaz is the real deal. He works hard and puts love and light into all of his products. I don't mean to sound silly, but I truly believe he cares about his creations. He is giving us the whole package. I'd much rather my hair look like Chaz's. Nick has really bad split ends...which is what my hair looked like when I used his products.  I could never go back to shampoo.  I'm using WEN body cleanser and am totally amazed at how much better my skin looks.  I'm 63 and when something works, it is very obvious.  

Honored Contributor

@hecate wrote:

It's kind of sad.  I used to use his products and at that time (1995) I liked them. However, when I started using WEN, I had no idea how good my hair could look.  Chaz is the real deal. He works hard and puts love and light into all of his products. I don't mean to sound silly, but I truly believe he cares about his creations. He is giving us the whole package. I'd much rather my hair look like Chaz's. Nick has really bad split ends...which is what my hair looked like when I used his products.  I could never go back to shampoo.  I'm using WEN body cleanser and am totally amazed at how much better my skin looks.  I'm 63 and when something works, it is very obvious.  

@hecate

Hello, good to see you.

I believe as you do that Chaz  is SO creative with his products!  Even his labels are fresh, creative, thoughtful, and beautiful.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Funny but I swore by Wen for almost 9 years.  I was faithful to his products until my haircolor wouldn't take over and over again at the salon unless they did a clarifying shampoo first.  I'm back to using Nick and my hair never looked better.  It's thicker and I have less hair in the drain, but you ladies just keep using it and telling yourselves that those few hairs in the shower couldn't possibly be from using Wen.  

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GSPgirl Sorry for your experience. I use very cheap color for my hair and since I've started using WEN (over 4 yrs) I only need to color my roots. It's amazing.  When using reg shampoo I had to color every month because the color was washing off every shampoo.  Also, I haven't lost any hair since I've been using WEN.  I feel so badly for those who have.  I did lose some of my hair when I went through menopause...which was years before I started using WEN. Thankfully I'm able to use it and benefit from how wonderful it is on my hair, scalp and skin. Everything isn't for everyone. It's good that we can find what works best for each of us.

Respected Contributor

@hecate wrote:

@GSPgirl Sorry for your experience. I use very cheap color for my hair and since I've started using WEN (over 4 yrs) I only need to color my roots. It's amazing.  When using reg shampoo I had to color every month because the color was washing off every shampoo.  Also, I haven't lost any hair since I've been using WEN.  I feel so badly for those who have.  I did lose some of my hair when I went through menopause...which was years before I started using WEN. Thankfully I'm able to use it and benefit from how wonderful it is on my hair, scalp and skin. Everything isn't for everyone. It's good that we can find what works best for each of us.

Agree! I use $2.99 ammonia free permanent box color. I only color my roots too, every 4 weeks. Ends of my hair are same color, no fading, and I get compliments on my shine and hair color all the time. Wen works for my hair - but to each his own of course. As far as hair loss, I lose no more hair in the shower with Wen then before Wen - and losing 50-100 hair strands a day is normal. (Remember, 100 strands of long hair, as opposed to 100 strands of short hair is very deceiving to where you may think you are losing more hair than you actually are.) 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GSPgirl wrote:

Funny but I swore by Wen for almost 9 years.  I was faithful to his products until my haircolor wouldn't take over and over again at the salon unless they did a clarifying shampoo first.  I'm back to using Nick and my hair never looked better.  It's thicker and I have less hair in the drain, but you ladies just keep using it and telling yourselves that those few hairs in the shower couldn't possibly be from using Wen.  

@GSPgirl

I don't have to TELL myself anything.  I just LOOK in the mirror and LOVE what I see.  I LISTEN to what others SAY about my gorgeous, bouncy, shiny, hair - this includes my stylist of > 20 years.   

I can't help but wonder about the reaction if I showed up on Nix'mini forum and posted a comment such as this.  

Why don't NIX'ers post on the NIX forum with the stuff they like and  

leave WENNERS to post on the WEN forum with the WEN we love?  

* That would be mature, classy behavior in my mind.  

NEVER have I known a true WENNER to hop on the Nix mini-forum to post snark, but the WEN forum draws Nickers like bees to S HONEY P.

A true testiment to CHAZ!

BTW - I  have use Nix' products.  They made my hair dry, dull, lanky, and the ends frizzled, and tapered off to nothing. Further, the ingredient deck is not to my standards.

And yes, with or without the OK, THIS lady will keep using WEN!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras