WEN

Contributor

WEN SETTLEMENT NOTICE

[ Edited ]

Has anyone else received an official notice from a law firm on the various aspects of the Wen lawsuit and settlement?  I was shocked when I opened my emails and there was a long, litigous document outlining my legal rights as far as how to make claims and receive compensation.   I have never complained to anyone or had a problem myself with the product.  My only guess as to how my name appeared would  be that I purchased WEN  from the Q and also once from WEN directly.   I don't think I will respond in any way as I am not comfortable with these large settlements.  I am not entirely sure, but does Guthy-Renker manufacture WEN?  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

If you didn't file a complaint or file a lawsuit or weren't part of a class action suit;  I don't see how or why you would get a notice like that and even if you DID, such a notice would not...ever....be sent out via email.   It's a junk email.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I also received the email.  As in other class action lawsuits, you didn't have to declare yourself part of the group.  All you had to do was purchase the product.  They probably got the emails from QVC.  I did buy it a few times, but not recently.  If you're not interested in filing a claim, you don't have to do anything.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

You were made a part of the class action lawsuit because you bought Wen, regardless of the site you bought it from.

You should have received a notification of this class action lawsuit, stating that to remain a part of this class action lawsuit, you need not respond.

If you did not want to be a party to this lawsuit (and receive no monetary judgement depending on what decision is made in a court of law), you would have had to respond to opt out of the lawsuit.

I have received many checks because of class action lawsuits on products/services such as this, even though I never filed a complaint myself.

Granted, none of them were really large checks, maybe $25-$100 being the largest.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

FYI - This one says you have to file either a tier I or a tier 2 claim before you can collect any money.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

for those who are adversely affected by this product, the online claim forms are up if you want to file your claim. claims must be filed by 4/28/17.

https://www.wenclasssettlement.com/

Your legal rights and options in this Settlement:

• Submit a Claim Form – The only way to get a payment.
  • Exclude Yourself – Get no payment. This is the only option that allows you to be part of another lawsuit against the Defendants involving WEN®.
  • Object – Write to the Court about why you don’t like the Settlement.
  • Do Nothing – Get no payment. Give up rights to assert an action against Defendants involving WEN®.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

If you didn't file a complaint or file a lawsuit or weren't part of a class action suit;  I don't see how or why you would get a notice like that and even if you DID, such a notice would not...ever....be sent out via email.   It's a junk email.

@chrystaltreethis is not true. I got it as well as a few other company lawsuits in which I purchased products from over the years but never filed a complaint. This is how they contact you- sometimes via email, sometimes via regular mail. It is legit.

Super Contributor

My friend got one of these emails as well and she was surprised. She bought from both Guthy-Renker and QVC over the years.  No problems with WEN however so I don't expect her to be looking for any kind of compensation.  

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN SETTLEMENT NOTICE

[ Edited ]

As @HappyDaze Says,  I have received several of these over the years from companies whose products I used and about which I have never made any complaint.

Attorneys churning business?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I got an email, it was in my junk folder, where it belonged. I promptly blocked the email address without opening it Smiley Tongue